Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption

I've had the IS200SE for about 6 weeks now and I'm really chuffed with it - except when there's been ice and snow on the roads but I guess that's only a few days a year! :)

So far I'm getting 24-25 mpg, mostly round town driving. Does that sound about normal to you guys?

Also, can anyone tell me how much petrol is left in the tank when the low fuel warning light comes on, or roughly how far it is safe to carry on after you see it?

Cheers

John

I've had the IS200SE for about 6 weeks now and I'm really chuffed with it - except when there's been ice and snow on the roads but I guess that's only a few days a year! :)

So far I'm getting 24-25 mpg, mostly round town driving. Does that sound about normal to you guys?

Also, can anyone tell me how much petrol is left in the tank when the low fuel warning light comes on, or roughly how far it is safe to carry on after you see it?

Cheers

John

I do a most of my journeys on the Motorway, so i have found a Tank of Optimax does me good fror about 320 miles and around 32-35 mpg.

As soon as i see the red light i try to get to petrol station as soon as, never like running it thru the last dreggs of the tank.

1. snow and ice + summer tyres doesnt fair well on any car, so not much to worry about - get public transport.

2. 25 ish mpg around town is pretty much normal, on the motorway i get about 35ish

3. when the light comes on you have approx 10 litres left in the tank - normally equals about 40 miles worth - then its running on fumes.

well my mpg dropped to 16mpg over the past few weeks, had it in for a service and the filter was well clogged. but my average mpg for town driving is about 18-22mpg. so your doing pretty good. will be interesting to see if mine gets any better as i re-set my ecu after the filter change and it is like a new car, so much faster

well they dont check them on the intermitent services, but now i have seen how easy it is i will be checking it constantly! might buy a spare and change it every few months as they are only cheap.

Apaerently there are loads of cars coming in with clogged up filters said the mechanic, he said that coz we had such a long dry summer lots of dust built up, then when it got wet and damp that dust turned to sludge. and made it bad.

so flip the clips on the lex badge and check yourself today!

My standard IS200SE is now about 4 months old and has done about 3k - 90% of our driving is town driving and we get about 20-22 mpg using Optimax - hoping it may get a bit better as the miles go on - the performance (or lack of it) and economy are the only real letdowns I feel - I would not mind the poor economy if the performance was electrifying !!

My standard IS200SE  is now about 4 months old and has done about 3k - 90% of our driving is town driving and we get about 20-22 mpg using Optimax - hoping it may get a bit better as the miles go on - the performance (or lack of it) and economy are the only real letdowns I feel - I would not mind the poor economy if the performance was electrifying !!

Folks

How do I get my car (or any picture) in my "details" bit on the left of the message e.g The Don's Black IS200

I had problems a long time ago with a blocked fuel filter. It turns out that if you fill up just after the petrol truck fills their tank, you get all the gunk stirred up.

As for running on vapours, it's not a good idea to get air trapped in your fuel system on injection cars.

[i do a most of my journeys on the Motorway, so I have found a Tank of Optimax does me good for about 320 miles and around 32-35 mpg]

Andy - something's wrong here: do you mean 'about 420 miles'?

My Air Filter was colgged up pretty bad too, but thanks to Gus Woodcock, i managed to get the Trust Airnex Foam Filter..

Tell ya it is brilliant, noticed the difference as soon as i put it in B) for those who haven't got one, i advise you to get one :P

Going to do the ECU Reset this weekend aswell, so that will be interesting.. :whistling:

just one my second tank after ECU reset, and happy to say the MPG I am getting is back on its way up. Was scared after reset as fuel seemed to be getting used up at such a rate. Getting better all the time though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links