Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2002 Sport

BESTY

Why not buy some Eibachs Dave and keep the originals?

i might do that pete ,its in my head now though to find out which springs belong to which year of lex,its bugging me stupid.i will find out when the 15mm lower springs came out :angry::lol:

Well there are even interior changes between mine and my mates and they are both a 2000 model.Guess you'll have to wait and see if L.G.B get back with an answer......The quest goes on?

Still when you do any spring q's, and all posts will be directed to Besty coz you wil be the club expert. :lol::lol:

I would think your car is a 2001 model Pete. The next years model normally comes out at the end of the previous year around october time.

What differences are there to your mates? lowered springs, new style head unit, electric passenger seat?

Well there are even interior changes between mine and my mates and they are both a 2000 model.Guess you'll have to wait and see if L.G.B get back with an answer......The quest goes on?

Still when you do any spring q's, and all posts will be directed to Besty coz you wil be the club expert. :lol::lol:

there are people in this club who have claimed to be experts,but none of them have joined in on this one ;) must be a difficult one :ph34r:

has anyone got a 2002 sport .if so what colour are the suspension spring markings. :)

The ones I sold to Lexus Jim the other day had small Red markings on them. I think there may have been some white as well but dont hold me to that.......

They were from an 02 Sport.

has anyone got a 2002 sport .if so what colour are the suspension spring markings. :)

The ones I sold to Lexus Jim the other day had small Red markings on them. I think there may have been some white as well but dont hold me to that.......

They were from an 02 Sport.

thanks mate,the most puzzling thing is that one of the lads said he took some springs off his lex that were the same as yours and petes,that lex was an se.if yours were off a 2002 then the red spot ones must be the lower ones,but how do we explain the same ones on the se ;)

The ones I got of andy were (as posted in other thread) 3 red splodges on one and a white and orange splodge on other. As Andy says these are off an 02 sport and should be the lower ones (think it was 01 when they changed the spec so mine and yours should pre-date this dave) will only know for definate when I change them over and take the old springs off and measure them when off the car. Will only be able to do this with the rears as I do not have a ball-joint splitter (get my mate to do the fronts) but will post back as soon as have done this

Colin...As you say,Springs,head unit and Electric passenger seat plus front speaker grills....

But its not a 01 it was born in September 2000.

Dave maybe the ones of the SE,which is at the heart of the debate, the previous owner may have up-reated them to a sport!!!!!!!!

It's not built or registered in 2001 but it's a '2001' model. Once they make their yearly changes it becomes next years model. The same as the facelift models came out oct. 2001 but are 2002 models.

In the US they actually call them the '2004 model' etc.

Colin...As you say,Springs,head unit and Electric passenger seat plus front speaker grills....

But its not a 01 it was born in September 2000.

Dave maybe the ones of the SE,which is at the heart of the debate, the previous owner may have up-reated them to a sport!!!!!!!!

yeh thats what i think pete. :)

Besty the paint splodges are not to determine the type of spring.

these are indicators of Quality Control that is done at the factory.

as the car goes through the production line diffent aspects are checked and tested, the proof of the check is a coloured splodge.

go look at all the conections to your brakes and suspension, you will see, white/green/orange and blue paint splodges.

to be honest i think your wasting your time going through the effort to fit -15mm springs, you wont really notice the difference, it would be better to purchase the uprated springs from Eibach or who ever and get them fitted, as you will notice the difference many times more than fitting -15mm factory springs

Besty the paint splodges are not to determine the type of spring.

these are indicators of Quality Control that is done at the factory.

as the car goes through the production line diffent aspects are checked and tested, the proof of the check is a coloured splodge.

go look at all the conections to your brakes and suspension, you will see, white/green/orange and blue paint splodges.

to be honest i think your wasting your time going through the effort to fit -15mm springs, you wont really notice the difference, it would be better to purchase the uprated springs from Eibach or who ever and get them fitted, as you will notice the difference many times more than fitting -15mm factory springs

cheers mat :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links