paulrnx

MOT Today

Recommended Posts

Had mine MOT'd today at Lexus Cheltenham. Brilliant service as usual. Decided to replace the front wipers at same time because 3 years old and clearly not working as well as they once did. Headlights adjusted too - I'd been flashed a few times - and they showed up as being just at the top end of the max height allowed. The dealership set them a touch lower so we'll see how that goes. The auto self leveling function was checked and found to be working ok. One of the joys of owning a modern Lexus is the customer service, streets ahead of Jaguar and BMW in my experience anyway. Also had a good look round an RX450h too. Very very tempting especially as I could do with a little more get up and go. I think I'll wait until the new gen comes down a little in price as an approved used car and then take the plunge. Had a good look round a Toyota CH-R Hybrid at the Toyota dealership next door, this might well be wife's next car and another hybrid in the family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Interesting you looked at the Toyota CH-R hybrid as a second car to your NX or possible RX one day, we done the same When at Lexus Coventry recently.Remember that the Lexus UX should be out in the next year or so which i believe will be based on the CH-R.

The CH-R does seem popular as i'v seen quite a few about especially here in Stratford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Had a good look round a Toyota CH-R Hybrid at the Toyota dealership next door, this might well be wife's next car and another hybrid in the family.

 I test drove a Hybrid Auris & it was dire no power and ran out of steam on a slight incline. The CHR has I believe the same power plant:yucky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting regarding the wipers because the NX uses the flat blade type Oem wipers like the RX which are *******. I changed mine for bosch ones which are actually half price of Lexus ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2017 at 8:47 PM, rayaans said:

interesting regarding the wipers because the NX uses the flat blade type Oem wipers like the RX which are *******. I changed mine for bosch ones which are actually half price of Lexus ones

Wish I'd known this beforehand. In all cases OEM wipers have always been better on all my previous cars. I'll bear this in mind for the future though. My new wipers are performing much better than the old ones so not all is lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 28/11/2017 at 8:47 PM, rayaans said:

interesting regarding the wipers because the NX uses the flat blade type Oem wipers like the RX which are *******. I changed mine for bosch ones which are actually half price of Lexus ones

I had Denso wipers last time, hopeless in my experience. I then changed to Bosch when Eurocarparts had a wiper sale.  £11.50 for the pair, brilliant wipers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Wish I'd known this beforehand. In all cases OEM wipers have always been better on all my previous cars. I'll bear this in mind for the future though. My new wipers are performing much better than the old ones so not all is lost

Do they squeak on the NX? Because they did on the RX and drove me crazy. The Bosch ones I got in OEM Volvo XC60 size with the push button adapter (not the multiclip because these are poorer design an dont work as well) and they have been a godsend.

4 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I had Denso wipers last time, hopeless in my experience. I then changed to Bosch when Eurocarparts had a wiper sale.  £11.50 for the pair, brilliant wipers!

The Denso Hybrid blades are the dogs danglies - but they only work well on certain cars. 

If they're OEM fitted - like on the CT, 2IS, 3IS, 3GS, 4GS and 3RX, I would not bother going for anything else. However, don't tend to work well on cars with previous conventional wipers or flat blade styles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Do they squeak on the NX? Because they did on the RX and drove me crazy. The Bosch ones I got in OEM Volvo XC60 size with the push button adapter (not the multiclip because these are poorer design an dont work as well) and they have been a godsend.

The Denso Hybrid blades are the dogs danglies - but they only work well on certain cars. 

If they're OEM fitted - like on the CT, 2IS, 3IS, 3GS, 4GS and 3RX, I would not bother going for anything else. However, don't tend to work well on cars with previous conventional wipers or flat blade styles

I found the Denso blades suffered from bum in the bath syndrome almost immediately, but the Bosch ones are silent and fit well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I found the Denso blades suffered from bum in the bath syndrome almost immediately, but the Bosch ones are silent and fit well.  

"Bum in the bath" ????? Hot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spacewagon52 said:

"Bum in the bath" ????? Hot?

It's that sound that even the people sitting downstairs hear!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 6:57 PM, rayaans said:

Do they squeak on the NX? Because they did on the RX and drove me crazy. The Bosch ones I got in OEM Volvo XC60 size with the push button adapter (not the multiclip because these are poorer design an dont work as well) and they have been a godsend.

New ones seem fine, no squeaking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now