Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Stalling On Automatic

Guest mark_tsang

Guest mark_tsang

I got new car Battery & was told it fits on IS200 + imports, I disconnected old Battery & the new Battery don’t fit! Due to Different terminal sizes. So i fitted old one back on & now the car keeps stalling since i fitted it back on. it was fine before I disconnected old Battery.

Could it be something else like the alternator? It was on my mate’s 1990 accord, when we first thought it was the Battery.

Oh yea, the ‘lights on’ & ‘key in ignition’ buzzers sounds bit weak I notice.

do your headlights dim at idle if you turn on any of the heated seats or rear window demister? or use the power windows?

mine did all that but soon stopped when i changed the Battery for a new higher amp one. I got a 65 amp one from Halfords. everything sweet now

Brett,

What amps is the standard IS200 Battery? Looks like I may need a new one soon too coz my car is a bit sluggish on starting now. Is the one from Halfords the same size (physically) as the factory one?

I don't know if this is related to the Battery being near the end of its life but both my folding mirrors have began playing up recently and they were fine before. When they are foldind/unfolding it seems like they don't have enough power to move and end up moving really slowly and then just stop at whatever point they like.

I've tried them with the engine running and the car reved to about 2000 rpm and its still the same. I'd assume that the alternator would provide enough power to them then? Its strange that they both have went like this. Maybe its the console on the drivers door thats the problem??

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Gavin :)

my old Battery was 45 amp

the new one was 65 amp

I just went to Halfords and they typed in the make and model of the car and had all the details on the puter

it just dropped straight in , I even changed it in their car park in the dark hehe

as for the power mirrors, Im not so sure about them, Ive never had a problem with them

maybe there's some dirt trapped in somewhere. when i get my car jet washed they always wash the mirrors with the jet washer too and get it behind the glass, maybe this keeps them dirt free. Im not sure

Guest mark_tsang

headlights dim during idle,voltmeter is much the same as before. i dont think is the battery(i recharged it yestderday) & is not fuses, i notice the rev is lower than usual. not sure if is disconnecting the Battery that resetted everything. im taking the car back to toyota/lexus specilaist wednesday, there computer/diagnos is down today & it stalled lots of times(on slow down/stopping) on my way there.

anymore thoughts

Brett,

I don't know if this is related to the battery being near the end of its life but both my folding mirrors have began playing up recently and they were fine before. When they are foldind/unfolding it seems like they don't have enough power to move and end up moving really slowly and then just stop at whatever point they like.

I've tried them with the engine running and the car reved to about 2000 rpm and its still the same.  I'd assume that the alternator would provide enough power to them then? Its strange that they both have went like this. Maybe its the console on the drivers door thats the problem??

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Gavin :)

i agree about the alternator topping up the volts needed to make the mirrors move properly - i would look for an earth fault - the mirrors almost certainly have an earth cable running to them from somewhere in the main car, as they wouldn't be able to rely on continuity between door hinges, and also the mirrors own pivoting/breakaway devices. my guess would be that the other end of the earthwire is corroded, or worse broken and the mirrors are earthing thro other equipment like the window lift motors, mirror heaters, etc.

do the mirrors slow down more if you run the adjacent window?, or if the mirror heaters are on?

it's also possible it's a problem with the common positive supply, but i'd plump for the earth.

plus a decent volt/amp meter would help!

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links