Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At last I’ve managed to find my dream car. It’s a 2008 LS600h in excellent order with only 40,000 miles covered. The satnav is obviously a bit clunky with out of date maps, but that’s something I can work on.

The other thing is the Bluetooth which will pair with my Iphone 6s but won’t transfer my contacts. Has anyone got an idea why this is so?

Otherwise I’m very pleased so far. Any help much appreciated.

I haven't got an Iphone 6 but all the earlier ones can't transfer contacts. I think it is because apple think you will keep your contacts in the cloud and each device will sync to the cloud. Sadly I don't think any Lexus can do this. But there is a workable solution.

Select your most used numbers and enter them by hand into the car system. I have about 10. The manual will tell you how many you can have on quick dial. Quick dial numbers are the only ones you can use whilst moving. For all the others you have to stop and when stopped you might just as well dial them from the phone as from the Lexus screen.

John

Thanks for the replies.  I was going to check online for the latest discs but haven’t had time yet. Otherwise it may have to be a TomTom which would sort out the maps and phone book in one go.

The speed dial idea is worth a look, thanks. I’ll give it some thought over the weekend.

For what it's worth, here in Holland, my local Lexus dealer just updates the discs from the car - it takes 2 hours - and costs about £120. I'm having mine done on the 5th Sep during the annual service......I'll let you know how it goes. I'll, also, ask if they could do the same thing for UK cars. You might consider a day-trip to The Hague.  :) 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links