Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Full Closure

Karlos

I am not trying to start a ruck or anything, just think that for those that can and want to fit it, should be able to do so. Whats wrong with benefitting from the fact that someone else spent the time and effort to sort out the design (i.e. hence debugging the system to design the circuitry to work!).

Thats what Geoffers did, you don't see him on here saying you can have it but only if you pay. He would make you one if you wanted, and therefore charge, but if you wanted to do it yourself you can. Thats part of the point of this club, surely. we are not supposed to use it for personal gain (its in the rules somewhere!).

I have no problems with those who want to pay to get it done, thats fine if they don't think they can do it them selves. But whats wrong with people who can do it, doing just that? Thats why we have the disclaimer on the workshop items.

I haven't worked it out for myself, as I don't have the time to do so and seeing that someone else on the so called "knowledge sharing" club has done it, why shouldn't we all benefit.

Thats like Mat charging us for some of his advise cos over the years he has obviously picked up and learnt a lot about the car and the motor trade!

TDI don't charge for advise on here, and I bet they never will!

Just my opinion thats all. I am sure he has done a wicked job on the design etc and will do a good job fitting it, just didn't realise its a secret!

Right lets clear this up:

1)Others and yourself for that matter haven't/cant figure it out.

2)Its at its lowest price possible.

3)its not available in kit form.

4)TDI dont charge for advise your right,but their labour charge is somewhere in the region of £65 an hour(std rate)the system takes more than 3 hours to install.

5)Any mod you do IS a personal gain.

6)Even with a disclaimer if you f :tsktsk: ed it up and it cost you another £200 you would have a whinge at me,let a pro do the install and its guaranteed with back up,but we've run it for 2 years without a prob.

7)Its no secret,its in my sig,you want it pm me if you dont,(like you)dont knock it!!

8)The wiring changes slightly from year to year,so a plug n play type probably wouldn't work.

Anything else you want to say about this pm me im not getting into a slanging match on the boards....with you just to justify how much it costs to install,have you asked!! everybody that has enquired about it knows and appreciates whats involved and for the cost its a bargain believe me.

P.S have a good day and dont get caught with your windows down...i dont coz its all in the keyfob :winky:

Edited by Scorpion

I think people have to appreciate the amount of time and effort it would take for scorpion to document and photograph how to do it, surely to put together a manual for doing the full closure which includes windows sunroof and mirrors would be many pages.

I think Kev Dood is in a minority here, and should appreciate that this is being offered to club members, as where I wouldnt have gone to the effort that pete is going to for other members of the site. pete makes no finacial gain from this and takes time out his day to help.

I would like to thank pete for all the things he has helped me with in the past, he didnt have to but he did.

I think i wrote that bit wrong and i apologise for using Geoffers name(sorry mate) :blush: no-one is taking away what others are doing for the club,if i knew how it was done then i would tell you all,but i dont and dont forget he is not a member and i am just putting you in touch with someone who does know.

its like someone reffering you to someone elses services which is allowed in the club rules.

Geoffers got the basic system working however as only the drivers window has current sensing (auto up) he needed to design that into his system. He then started working on his video input in the sat nav and DDE lights so never finished it. Then when Pete has a working solution there was no need to complete it.

Don't get me wrong here, as my post said I am not trying to dis anyones hard work. Ok I appreciate the fact that the guy who did this is not a club member, so that does change things a little.

With regards to the length of time it take to do a write up, well others have spent ages doing these, such as the parking sensor ones etc and the mirror closure. I would have no problems doing a long write up if I had done something.

How much is the system then - can that not be published on these pages??

I am NOT knocking the system at all or those who want it installed. Just thought it would benefit even more people if it was public.

Fact is, it is not, so lets just leave it there eh.

Thats the thing though you do want it,you've commented on it for a while now when you know :tsktsk: about it and your to tight to part with cash,you dont get something for nothing ..you dont have the knowledge and thats whats :tsktsk: you off.

Edited by ColinBarber

yeah ok, right mate, whatever you want to believe.

Actually, I would way up the pro's and cons of it before doing it. I it was cost wise worth it, and also the time to build then yeah I may do it.

Even if I wanted it alot, I wouldn't get it done by someone else who is just as competant as I am, just has more time on their hands!

Face it, you just have an attitude problem cos peopel are questioning you. You have done it before to others. Learn to chill out a little.

We all try to help each other on this site, as and when we can.

Instead of mouthing off, why not just say when I asked, as a friend who is not a member has put in the time and effort and done the design, he will fit it for a nominal fee. THats a much more polite answer than the rubbish you have spouted so far.

Do yourself a favour and pick on another thread.

1)You may do it!!!!...............no cant do it more likely.

2)He is more competant than you,he figured it out in an afternoon

3)I dont mind people questioning me if they know what they are talking about...you dont!!

4)When have you helped anyone on this site,all you have done is pick holes in this thread since day one.

I think the key here is that when a person works hard on a project for their car, which then turns it into a desirable product, they have two choices...let everyone on LOC know how it's done for free (which is great and very kind) or offer a professional service to install the product!

Pete is offering a professional service on behalf of somebody else and that person has worked hard to develop it....therefore you either want it or you don't!! End of story!!

Your not in a possition to slag Pete off for marketing a product that his friend doesn't want to just give away! And even if it was Pete's work he still doesn't have to tell people for free and neither should you expect him too!!

At the end of the day, and in this case, if you want it so badly for free work it out for yourself!! Or you could wait for somebody else to do it...but by then I think that Lexus might put it as standard feature on their 2020 model IS! :winky:

I think the key here is that when a person works hard on a project for their car, which then turns it into a desirable product, they have two choices...let everyone on LOC know how it's done for free (which is great and very kind) or offer a professional service to install the product!

Pete is offering a professional service on behalf of somebody else and that person has worked hard to develop it....therefore you either want it or you don't!! End of story!!

Your not in a possition to slag Pete off for marketing a product that his friend doesn't want to just give away! And even if it was Pete's work he still doesn't have to tell people for free and neither should you expect him too!!

At the end of the day, and in this case, if you want it so badly for free work it out for yourself!! Or you could wait for somebody else to do it...but by then I think that Lexus might put it as standard feature on their 2020 model IS! :winky:

Well said Neil.

For all those in doubt on the system there will be at least 2 demo cars hopefully 3 at Gaydon so you can all make up your own minds instead of being swayed by the comments of people that neither know me or have never seen the system work in all its glory.

Okay to wrap up this thread:

There is a full closure system available for the IS. If you require any information about this modification then please PM Pete (Scorpion).

To see the system in action there should be 2 or 3 cars fitted with this system at the Gaydon meet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links