Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300h - Sat Nav update

Hi........... I have a IS 300h - October 2017

As far as I can make out, to upgrade my Sat Nav I have to go back to the dealership and cannot purchase an update online.

Is this correct?

If so... any idea of cost...

Thanks............................................

I bought an updated microsd card on eBay ( 2016 is300h) and it worked no problem. Issue is that google maps(or Waze) is much more efficient and user friendly than the Lexus sat nav. I personally never use it so it was a waste for me. 

Hi Joe, I have a 2016 IS300H Advance and am thinking about updating the sat nav. As you have done this, can you provide a step by step idiots guide as to how to do this? I am not thick, just struggle with all things to do with updating computer systems. Thanks.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:13 PM, Elvis17 said:

I bought an updated microsd card on eBay ( 2016 is300h) and it worked no problem. Issue is that google maps(or Waze) is much more efficient and user friendly than the Lexus sat nav. I personally never use it so it was a waste for me. 

Ditto on my second IS300H and have had both premium and standard nav and both as dreadful as each other.   I certainly would not pay to update them.

I use TomTom on my Android phone just because I prefer the full map on the device rather than google and waze that download as your go (yes I know you can offline the route).

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 10:01 AM, ikeja said:

Hi Joe, I have a 2016 IS300H Advance and am thinking about updating the sat nav. As you have done this, can you provide a step by step idiots guide as to how to do this? I am not thick, just struggle with all things to do with updating computer systems. Thanks.

The exact card I bought is no longer available on eBay, but there are other sellers if you search for "Lexus Toyota Premium Micro SD 13mm Card Sat Nav EUROPE LATEST MAP 2018 - 2019".  This is for the "Premium" nav that is in my IS300h F Sport. You may need a different card if yours in not the premium one. Check here to see which one you have. https://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/Coverage/Index

Once you get the SD card, it's pretty straight forward. 

Disconnect all Bluetooth devices paired with car.

Do not use while updating the audio and navigation systems.

Do not turn the car off until the update is complete !!!

1. Car is stopped. Ignition is OFF.
2. Insert new micro SD in slot (after removing old micro SD)
3. Swith ON ignition.
4. Update will start automatically.
5. Some messages will come up, do not do any action, just relax and wait.
6. After the upgrade, turn off Ignition of the car. Wait about 1-2 minutes and "Start" again.
7. Enjoy

I would reiterate that there are better nav solutions out there on your phone. I have my phone mounted on the right hand side vent and I use Google Maps. I got the update and I dont think I've used the Lexus nav once successfully since. I'm in ireland and when I used it locally it was sending me insane routes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elvis17 said:

The exact card I bought is no longer available on ebay, but there are other sellers if you search for "Lexus Toyota Premium Micro SD 13mm Card Sat Nav EUROPE LATEST MAP 2018 - 2019".  This is for the "Premium" nav that is in my IS300h F Sport. You may need a different card if yours in not the premium one. Check here to see which one you have. https://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/Coverage/Index

Once you get the SD card, it's pretty straight forward. 

Disconnect all bluetooth devices paired with car.

Do not use while updating the audio and navigation systems.

Do not turn the car off until the update is complete !!!

1. Car is stopped. Ignition is OFF.
2. Insert new micro SD in slot (after removing old micro SD)
3. Swith ON ignition.
4. Update will start automatically.
5. Some messages will come up, do not do any action, just relax and wait.
6. After the upgrade, turn off Ignition of the car. Wait about 1-2 minutes and "Start" again.
7. Enjoy

I would reiterate that there are better nav solutions out there on your phone. I have my phone mounted on the right hand side vent and I use Google Maps. I got the update and I dont think I've used the Lexus nav once successfully since. I'm in ireland and when I used it locally it was sending me insane routes.  

but the Sane is in France.How ridiculous !

• Haha 1

Like many others, I don't use Sat Nav (non premium) on my IS300H Executive. I did investigate how to upgrade it and got to a point where I could obtain the necessary from a vendor on eBay for about €70, but didn't do anything about it.

But one question remains: Forget about map data, does the upgrade update anything else? E.G. the infotainment system software? My software in this area hasn't been updated from new and I've experienced the odd issue - the occasional crash (screen freeze) and MP3s playing via Bluetooth "forgetting" where they were on my phone when I power the car down. All of these first world problems, but if I could fix them I might have a look again.

Has anyone noticed any worthwhile benefits - outside of map data - after an upgrade?

15 hours ago, route66 said:

Like many others, I don't use Sat Nav (non premium) on my IS300H Executive. I did investigate how to upgrade it and got to a point where I could obtain the necessary from a vendor on Ebay for about €70, but didn't do anything about it.

But one question remains: Forget about map data, does the upgrade update anything else? E.G. the infotainment system software? My software in this area hasn't been updated from new and I've experienced the odd issue - the occasional crash (screen freeze) and MP3s playing via bluetooth "forgetting" where they were on my phone when I power the car down. All of these first world problems, but if I could fix them I might have a look again.

Has anyone noticed any worthwhile benefits - outside of map data - after an upgrade?

I didn't notice  any obvious improvements to my infotainment experience by updating - there was no amazing feature or UI update that made me want to use it more beyond standard features like connecting Bluetooth devices using radio etc. I don't use local MP3 files so cant comment on that issue. I looked for change log from Lexus on the specific updates but dont see any for the premium nav updates - https://www.lexus-tech.eu/Navigation/base. You might have better luck.  In any case, updating the nav is a little like putting lipstick on a pig 😉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ikeja said:

Thanks Joe, that is very helpful. Only one more question, where is the micro sd card located? 

It’s under the radio , see screenshot. The door opens and you can access the sd card slot. 

Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 19.03.09.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links