Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I’m new

Steve-O

Hi,

i’m steve I’m new here, I’m looking for an old (large) reliable car. I’ve looked at an Audi A6, BMW 5 series, Jaguar ‘s’ type Volvo S60/80 a Chrysler 300, and a Cadillac CTS (the American cars I loved driving, as they are so comfortable ) there are several others but some have shocking Reliability issues and some have, in 20 years covered less than 80,000 miles which I find unbelievable 🙄

so now I’m looking at Lexus, I would like a GS300 or an LS400. i don’t want a diesel I have a (hugely overrated) 1 series at the moment and a skoda (VW UP) the Skoda is ok but every single bump is like hitting a house brick in the road.

hi everyone 👍🏻

• Like 3

Welcome to the LOC,hoping you find the forum educational and informative and that you eventually find the lexus you are looking for 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a Ls400 could be the car for you

I'm sure there's one somewhere with your name on it, to be loved and cherished for ever,well, a few years anyway maybe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Steve-O said:

Hi,

i’m steve I’m new here, I’m looking for an old (large) reliable car. I’ve looked at an Audi A6, BMW 5 series, Jaguar ‘s’ type Volvo S60/80 a Chrysler 300, and a Cadillac CTS (the American cars I loved driving, as they are so comfortable ) there are several others but some have shocking Reliability issues and some have, in 20 years covered less than 80,000 miles which I find unbelievable 🙄

so now I’m looking at Lexus, I would like a GS300 or an LS400. i don’t want a diesel I have a (hugely overrated) 1 series at the moment and a skoda (VW UP) the Skoda is ok but every single bump is like hitting a house brick in the road.

hi everyone 👍🏻

Welcome, if it is a car from the 90's that you are after then the LS is the one to go for. I recently bought a 2007 IS 250 and that wasnt too expensive and it rides well, has low mileage and comes with plenty of gadgets. Just depends on your budget? 
For £3k you could get a nice RX 300?

12 hours ago, ThomasD94 said:

For £3k you could get a nice RX 300?

I think there are posts on here somewhere about superior MOT failing rust issues on the older RX300s .............  so take care if looking at this route

Malc

8 hours ago, Malc said:

I think there are posts on here somewhere about superior MOT failing rust issues on the older RX300s .............  so take care if looking at this route

Malc

I picked up a 2005 RX 300 earlier this year from a dealer with a full MOT and service for £3,100 🙂

your car looks a nice one, well done

the 2019 MOT,  did you make sure the rust issue mentioned wasn't relevant or sensibly sorted out then !

Malc

• Like 1

Thank you for all the advice, I’m looking, but I can’t get replies from garages at the moment.

i’m going to have to wait I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links