Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F car RFL

My annual rfl is now 593 on direct debit. Anyone paying in one go? How much is it as a single payment now?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I pay by direct debit monthly, it's £40.68 per month I find this easier if you have to SORN the vehicle as you can just set it up for the month or two rather than paying in one lot and trying/waiting to get the tax refund. Works for me anyhow. Unfortunately most of my cars have been in the £500 per year bracket, I hate that fact but hey you just have to accept it

Just did the maths that costs £488.16 a year so maybe later cars had lower figures because that figure includes a small charge for the 12 payments.

Not sure, just checked the registration document. Date of first registration 31/06/2017,  first part states 251 G/KM then further down Exhaust Emissions CO 242 and it states additional rate of VED until 30/09/2022 

59 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Not sure, just checked the registration document. Date of first registration 31/06/2017,  first part states 251 G/KM then further down Exhaust Emissions CO 242 and it states additional rate of VED until 30/09/2022 

Rule has changed after 1st of April 2017.

Now you are paying in car value and not co2 emission.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-vehicle-tax-rates-from-1-april-2017

Hence it is better to buy car registered after that if you want to keep it longer and enjoy 130£ per year later on.

1 hour ago, Hangie said:

Rule has changed after 1st of April 2017.

Now you are paying in car value and not co2 emission.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-vehicle-tax-rates-from-1-april-2017

Hence it is better to buy car registered after that if you want to keep it longer and enjoy 130£ per year later on.

Thanks, didn't know that. Every little helps I guess.

Our F was first registered on 20/4/2017. I always expected to pay a high RFL due to it being an anti eco friendly V8, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that it would drop significantly after the first 5 years, just after we purchased it. 
However, this could change significantly if this article has any truth to it...

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/351849/drivers-could-pay-ps2135-year-road-tax

Linking to co2 without any mileage consideration is simply profiteering. My wife emits more from her 1.8 civic over the course of a year as she drives many more miles. Yet pays 1/4 of my tax.

Just put 10p on fuel and be done with it.

Probably cheaper to administer, foreign drivers pay in. Impossible to dodge it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Comedian said:

Linking to co2 without any mileage consideration is simply profiteering. My wife emits more from her 1.8 civic over the course of a year as she drives many more miles. Yet pays 1/4 of my tax.

Just put 10p on fuel and be done with it.

Probably cheaper to administer, foreign drivers pay in. Impossible to dodge it.

I agree, easiest way to get revenue from those who use the roads the most. The system is already in place as VAT is charged and processed on fuel.

If that ridiculous VED cost comes in for cars like ours I'll just SORN it and use it for one month night and day so I burn my years fuel in one month of continuous driving.

• Like 1

I used to pay in one, DD will have a 5% additional cost, twice a year will see a 10% increase, still cheaper one off BUT cheaper on monthly than 6 monthly options, I think mine is £22.55 a month from memory.......my C70 convertible is dearer 😉

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links