Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which music do you prefer to listen to in the car?

Which music do you prefer to listen to in the car?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. So when you are finally released from lockdown and able to drive your car....what music will you play in the car?

• Pop
    • Classical
    • Rock / Metal
    • Jazz / Blues
    • R&B / Soul
    • Country & Western
    • Other

10 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

And Julian Bream? 

That’s my favourite “proper” version of the Concierto but any of Narciso Yepes’ several recordings of it come close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Saw him at the Liverpool Phil in the 70`s.

Oddly enough I was loaned a copy, RCA Gold label as I recall in 1971 by a work colleague and was smitten, and have played it ever since. Pity is on Classic FM and other ways they only play the adagio and I feel it loses the whole identity as a result. Bit like they only play from the 1812 the sequence Tchaikovsky wrote with the cannon in it 🤡🤡🤡

• Like 1

Have a playlist with more than 2500 titles with blues, classical, jazz, pop, rock, soft jazz and something that probably cannot come in any group.

Listens a lot to Niels Henning Ørsted Pedersen, Stan Getz, Barbra Streisand, Beatles, David Bowie, Marillion, Neil Diamond, Pink Floyd, The Band, The Moody Blues and Whitney Houston.

Most jazz when I am alone in the car and when not just let it all play.

13 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Super choices! When you get a minute listen to Miles Davis Sketches of Spain, terrific rendition of concierto de aranjuez. 

Forgot to mention I’m allowed to play the Sketches only when alone in the car because my wife thinks the castanets sound as though there’s a rattlesnake under her seat ... 😳!  No such problem with Jim Hall’s  less dramatic version of the Concierto with a sextet including Paul Desmond and Chet Baker.  The album is itself titled Concierto and is well worth a listen if you don’t know it.  

30 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Forgot to mention I’m allowed to play the Sketches only when alone in the car because my wife thinks the castanets sound as though there’s a rattlesnake under her seat ... 😳!  No such problem with Jim Hall’s  less dramatic version of the Concierto with a sextet including Paul Desmond and Chet Baker.  The album is itself titled Concierto and is well worth a listen if you don’t know it.  

Renato, didn't know it until now - one word - Beautiful. As a committed grecophile I hopefully shall be able to play this later this year at sunset over the Aegean with a tall Tsipouro. 🌅

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Have a playlist with more than 2500 titles with blues, classical, jazz, pop, rock, soft jazz and something that probably cannot come in any group.

Listens a lot to Niels Henning Ørsted Pedersen, Stan Getz, Barbra Streisand, Beatles, David Bowie, Marillion, Neil Diamond, Pink Floyd, The Band, The Moody Blues and Whitney Houston.

Most jazz when I am alone in the car and when not just let it all play.

How long did it take to assemble 2500 files 🤔😎

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

How long did it take to assemble 2500 files 🤔😎

Do not remember when started. Still searching now and then. Have plenty room to add music. Memory cards are cheaper and computers more capable. Memory in my first computer did not have memory enough to have one album music in it, even if using MP3 low resolution compression and I am downloading 16 or 24-bit flac (lossless) files now. All the music I have in albums and cd's are converted to 16-bit flac. And I am a sissy: Have back-up.

• Like 1

The music in my Macbook consists of 1080 albums containing some 13000 songs adding up, so the

computer tells me, to a total playing time of 41 days.   This represents the entirety of a collection of

CDs I accumulated over several decades.  To be frank, this is a ridiculously large amount of music 

to handle, my original intention having been to divide the entire collection into Playlists of a manageable

size for storage in an iPod and Iphone and a number of memory sticks.  The importation of the music

into the Macbook, with the accompanying album artwork, required numerous sessions at an average

rate, I would guess, of 7-8 CDs per hour, the boredom being relieved by the occasional re-discovery

of items I had forgotten or that had remained dormant for years.  Generally speaking, I find that a

manageable size for a Playlist consists of around 100 songs in the case of Rock, Pop or Jazz/Blues

Vocals, 60-70 for Jazz, and maybe 40-50 for Classical.  I keep around 20 such Playlists available at

any one time and switch between them according to whim.  This is satisfactory enough, but whenever

I compile one Playlist under any of these headings or sub-headings I always get the feeling that I've

left out a lot of material that I should have included.  However, as problems go, this is one I would 

rather have than not.

I have divided mine in classical, jazz, pop (rock is in that group) and have a group for concerts (music where one or more albums actually is one long song or whatever that loses if not played in one go. Have tried to keep only the part of the music I like, so am still editing.

Kept the music in flac files as they are open source and can be played on almost all devices.

On 3/29/2021 at 8:33 AM, Phil xxkr said:

... As a committed grecophile I hopefully shall be able to play this later this year at sunset over the Aegean with a tall Tsipouro. 🌅

An inspiring vision indeed - and hopefully a realistic one if the good tidings from the UK on the Covid front are confirmed - though surely Granada at dusk with a view of the Alhambra would be a more appropriate setting in this particular case! 

37 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

An inspiring vision indeed - and hopefully a realistic one if the good tidings from the UK on the Covid front are confirmed - though surely Granada at dusk with a view of the Alhambra would be a more appropriate setting in this particular case! 

I would agree totally if the rendition was one of Andre's Segovia and if the Spanish had anything remotely as good as Tsipouro 😎

3 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

I would agree totally if the rendition was one of Andre's Segovia and if the Spanish had anything remotely as good as Tsipouro 😎

True that Spaniards have little or nothing comparable to what many Italians visiting Greece objectively but somewhat snobbishly avoid as being no more than low-class grappa ... 🥴

3 hours ago, Rabbers said:

True that Spaniards have little or nothing comparable to what many Italians visiting Greece objectively but somewhat snobbishly avoid as being no more than low-class grappa ... 🥴

Strangely enough I always felt Grappa to be to people what aviation fuel is to Cessnas🤭 in other words it has a lone purpose. Whereas Tsiporou is for celebrating the conviviality of friends and always with a little octopus or fish or pickled veg. Bravo 😋😋😋

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links