Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've been missing proper DRLs for my GS450h... mainly because here in Finland, we need to use some headlights even in day time. And the AUTO option of GS will switch all lights off if it is bright enough...

So, I installed Osram Led DRL+Fog lights to replace the original fog lights. https://www.osram.com/ecat/LEDriving FOG-LED fog lights-Cars-Automotive Lighting/com/en/GPS01_1074552/PP_EUROPE_Europe_eCat/ZMP_1188268/

I first disassembled the original fog light housings, then manufactured custom brackets from aluminium. Here is couple of pictures of the process & end result:

Old parts:

drl01.thumb.jpg.158d17508168cd27fc6e1b6505d56fb7.jpg

New parts:

drl02.thumb.jpg.bfd7ad0e1af218fe143c6357e3518132.jpg

drl03.thumb.jpg.d6039ee5ee256760e82672a34e66a909.jpg

drl04.thumb.jpg.836f9201b9fa1ae746b6302820fb7040.jpg

drl05.thumb.jpg.be79c4d7b74cf3fa6fb2951a243456c7.jpg

End result:

drl06.thumb.jpg.9c032bb77237143c6ae072bf298f5499.jpg

drl07.thumb.jpg.f6e1af307fa1f452e4741ed0857f908f.jpg

Have to say I'm really happy with the end result! 😉

BR. Sami

• Like 3

I had the exact same units fitted to my CLS to replace the foglamps and give me DRL function. Very good quality units, was the auto-electrician's verdict and must say they performed flawlessly for the 4yrs I had the car

Peter,

I meant towards the lower frequency end of the spectrum. Lower frequencies penetrate much better than the higher (towards blue) frequencies which get scattered.

Not only do higher frequencies penetrate less but more comes back so 6000 lights rather than 4300 or lower does seem illogical for fog lights. Are the French ahead of us in this respect?

John

Peter,

No apology needed but thank you. Years ago at work we had an image intensifier (ex-military) that came with a reddish-orange filter for use in smoke. Same bit of physics.

Fortunately fog is rare here. I can't remember the last time I used my fog lights.

John

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links