Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, just got my 2014 IS300h, but wiper does not working well, and one low beam is faulty.

Hi all, just got my 2014 IS300h F Sport, loves it, but two problems I have found so far, 1 is the wiper does not working well, auto button lights up but will not work when rainfall detected, when I pull it towards me whereas screen wash liquid comes out, wiper will not work either.

When I pull it upwards or downwards, no movement, unless push it further down to the fastest option, wiper will work but will stop at any position as soon as I touch the control stick,

2nd problem is driver side low beam is not fully working,

it will lights up in the beginning with a yellow colour, but goes off in a couple of minutes.

Also a fog light does not work,

Its a 2014 so I guess warranty has run out, any ideas before I go to the dealership or any garage?

Also is there any garage good at Lexus in Milton Keynes or nearby?

All help will be appriceated.

Thanks.

I’m guessing here but I would be looking for the wiper relay and testing that.

The low beam is a hid bulb, like other bulbs they normally work or don’t. So to cut out after a while again points to something like the ballast pack. The only advice I have ever received about these is, handle with care, these things carry some serious voltage.

The fog light, I would start with the bulb, from there the fuses

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

From my perspective given your description..

1: As Jason above has pointed out, it could be the wiper relay. Worth taking it out and giving the pins a clean whether theres corrosion, if not joy I guess replace it and see.

2: Sounds like the bulb is knackered. If you fancy doing it yourself its pretty easy to take the bulb out. I would swap sides on the bulb to see whether the ballast is ok or not. If the bulb is shot, then "upgrade" to Osram Xenarc Laser bulbs. Very good upgrade and road legal.

3. Fog light problem: Check the fuse first (not sure whether its in the cabin or engine bay fuse box) But I think its the engine bay one. If all good, and you said the model is an F Sport, they are LED driving lamps. Probably have to replace the whole unit or check the connections behind it. Again, try to swap sides to eliminate any wiring or electrical faults.

9 hours ago, Tonyfly said:

Hi all, just got my 2014 IS300h F Sport, loves it, but two problems I have found so far, 1 is the wiper does not working well, auto button lights up but will not work when rainfall detected, when I pull it towards me whereas screen wash liquid comes out, wiper will not work either.

When I pull it upwards or downwards, no movement, unless push it further down to the fastest option, wiper will work but will stop at any position as soon as I touch the control stick,

2nd problem is driver side low beam is not fully working,

it will lights up in the beginning with a yellow colour, but goes off in a couple of minutes.

Also a fog light does not work,

Its a 2014 so I guess warranty has run out, any ideas before I go to the dealership or any garage?

Also is there any garage good at Lexus in Milton Keynes or nearby?

All help will be appriceated.

Thanks.

Take it back to the Dealer/ Trader who sold it to you and tell him to fix it at his cost.

If you bought privately, see if this helps

Lexus Indie Garages (1).docx

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Take it back to the Dealer/ Trader who sold it to you and tell him to fix it at his cost.

If you bought privately, see if this helps

Lexus Indie Garages (1).docx 16.06 kB · 0 downloads

+1 !

Not your problem to fix and finance - it surely is down to the seller.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the heads up mates, that give me some ideas where shall I begin with. I think I will be able to sort out most of the problems. I bought it privately so I’m on my own unfortunately. 
one last question, where is the wiper relay please. 
thanks again!

1 hour ago, Bob99 said:

Hi Tony, if you look in the thread about wipers stopping I have put the Denso relay part number to search in ebay to find some cheap replacements.

Great helping, thanks Bob!👍

On 8/11/2020 at 7:06 PM, Bob99 said:

Hi Tony, if you look in the thread about wipers stopping I have put the Denso relay part number to search in ebay to find some cheap replacements.

Hi Bob. New relay received today but the problem remains the same after I replaced it,

last weekend I drove the car on a long journey in the rain and noticed that the wiper doesn’t work most of the time, but does work normal  in a few moments from time to time, the way I figured it out was because it only works in the most rapid settings, I needed to switch the wiper on and off in mild rainfall by switching between rapid and normal Settings to start and stop the wiper, most of the time it doesn’t work in normal speed so I used that as a stop, but occasionally it works under normal speed For a few minutes and then stopped working again, definitely felt like something has a loose connection.

is there any way I can use a multi meter to test the relay? As the new relay looks like a used item as well....

any ideas please?

Hi Tony, 

There are two wiper relays I changed the INT one as identified on the relay cover. My symptoms were same as yours. Try swapping the other relay to see if it makes any difference.

• Like 1

Hi Tony, the relays are both the same. I would try the relay you have taken out in place of the relay you haven’t changed first. I bought two but only fitted one as it solved the problem straight away.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bob99 said:

Hi Tony, the relays are both the same. I would try the relay you have taken out in place of the relay you haven’t changed first. I bought two but only fitted one as it solved the problem straight away.

Hi Bob,

yes you’re right! I didn’t know they were the same, just went down and replaced the int one and solved it straight away!!!

can’t say how grateful I am, thanks for your help again!:)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links