Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 what Catastrophic unknowing failures

Well, from the 1st February I've been "back on the Road again" .The joy of driving has returned. 

Not yet had the other side rear Strut replaced as had health and personal loss issues to deal with making a definate booking date for the work difficult. 

The GS is with a new Owner up in Nottingham. Its a good car and can be improved with the parts I supplied for Cambelt change and Radio replacement. 

• Like 2

On 12/13/2020 at 8:54 AM, Colin M said:

Yes, Stuart, here is a photo. The part number is 89621-26010. 

9D5B33DF-448F-4C97-A3D4-630C3CA96509.jpeg

I've not looked in the engine bay but the item on eBay says  does not fit. ??

This doesn't fit a 1993 Lexus LS400 Base Sedan 4-Door 4.0L 3969CC V8 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated

Picture Information

Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

Shop with confidence

eBay Money Back Guarantee

Get the item you ordered or get your money back.

Learn more- eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab

Seller information

turboparts2009 (4360)

100% positive Feedback

Contact sellerContact seller

Visit ShopVisit Shop

See other itemsSee other items

Details about  92-99 TOYOTA CELICA GT TERCEL PACEO IGNITOR MODULE 89621-26010 GENUINE

89621-26010

1 product rating

Item information CELICA GT TERCEL PACEO IGNITOR MODULE 89621-

41 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Well, from the 1st February I've been "back on the Road again" .The joy of driving has returned. 

Not yet had the other side rear Strut replaced as had health and personal loss issues to deal with making a definate booking date for the work difficult. 

The GS is with a new Owner up in Nottingham. Its a good car and can be improved with the parts I supplied for Cambelt change and Radio replacement. 

Welcome back Stu.

• Like 1

Thanks John and Malc. 

I have a spare rear strut and two Bushes if anyone needs them.  The Bushes are a puzzle as they seem to be milled in the centre circle but I could not find matching Spacers to fit the milled pattern and my Mechanic left the original Bush in place. Will probably do the same for t'other side in due course..

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised that the starter motor contacts haven't been mentioned.

Starts off as a random click every now and then when trying to start the car, naturally you try again and it fires up.  It then becomes more frequent and I thought it was a Battery issue initially.  Then realise it's the starter and a relatively well known issue.

One thing that isn't very well documented is the solution I used.  Buy just the contacts from eBay circa £20.

When removing the manifold there's no need to split it in half and take the top of first then the bottom.  It can be removed by taking off the lower manifold bolts then flipping over and to your right when facing the front. 

I also couldn't undo the fuel supply line, but as it is flexible the manifold can be flipped out of the way with it connected and no untoward strain put on the line.

There's no need to remove the coolant bridge or the starter motor bolts that come through from the transmission side.  I was able to change the contacts in situ without removing either.

You do need to partially dismantle the starter motor from the access you have it is very easy and straight forward.  You just don't need to take the whole thing and the two difficult bolts from the transmission side out.

20190324_174209.jpg

20190324_174201.jpg

• Like 1

when I started this thread it was really intended to highlight those           Catastrophic Unknowing Failures .............. .....  those that just jump out and get ya' with no prior warning ..  nor indeed preventative maintenance hopefully ensuring failures are unlikely to happen with specifics

prior clicking of the Starter Motor gives you a head-start that failure is looming at some stage .  but hardly imminent tho' methinks:unsure:

Malc

On 4/26/2022 at 5:13 PM, Malc said:

when I started this thread it was really intended to highlight those           Catastrophic Unknowing Failures .............. .....  those that just jump out and get ya' with no prior warning ..  nor indeed preventative maintenance hopefully ensuring failures are unlikely to happen with specifics

prior clicking of the Starter Motor gives you a head-start that failure is looming at some stage .  but hardly imminent tho' methinks:unsure:

Malc

I apologise for my off topic posts.

Mods, please feel free to delete or move to a more relevant thread.

• 1 year later...

My first post on this forum but been a lurker for a while. The alternator went pop on my 1996 Lexus LS400 two days ago with no prior warning. Never had any issues before this in my 2 and a half years of ownership.

For me, the symptoms of the alternator having failed was when driving along, all of a sudden the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree with most of the warning lights on the bottom row lighting up. The car remained running, but as I was driving the lights kept getting dimmer and dimmer until I had to pull over. Had to call out the breakdown cover, who attached a Battery booster pack to get me home.

Once the weather is a bit better, I shall inspect whether the alternator died of it's own accord or if it was brought on by the famous power steering pump leak.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links