Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

I am getting VSC and traction control notice on dash display. Have cleared but returns after a day or so.

Can anyone tell me where the suspect sensor is and is it a Lexus part needed to replace?

Much appreciated for any help and guidance.

PS This is my 3rd Lexus and I had LPG fitted when I bought the car 18 months ago

Thanks Stevie Windows

VSC can illuminate for a whole host of reasons and you can't just stab in the dark as to what it may be. As a starting point you need to read, or have read, the OBD2 codes.

Even when you know what codes are present, that again is just another starting point for investigation, not an absolute guarantee that a given sensor is playing up and all your problems will be solved just by replacing it.

Two things that regularly do crop up though is to (a) check that the fuel filler cap is clean, tight and properly seals when you put it back on, and (b) make sure the Battery is good - if it's low then charge it up overnight or if it's not holding charge, replace it.

Both of those things have been known to cause VSC and TC lights. Other than that, start with the codes.

• Like 1

Start with very simple stuff. Check your tyre pressures, I found these warning lights coming on when I had a soft rear tyre. 

When a tyre is going flat it turns faster than the one on the opposite side and this can confuse the stability control system.

John N

On 8/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, The-Acre said:

One of the most common reasons for this on the 430 is an O2 sensor but as Herbie says a code reader should put you right.

That is what happened to me exactly. Lambda sensor was faulty. After a while the VSC came on. Fixed lambda sensor and VSC was also extinguished and all OK.

Check the OB2 and a fault should reveal itself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links