Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

8 year major service due

thar

I am just after opinions from fellow owners. My car, a January 2013 "62" reg, is due for it's 8th major service in September.  I have checked My Lexus and the price is coming up as £415.

The car has been overserviced if anything. By this, I mean, it should only be due this service in January 2021, however, it was serviced following sale the by the previous owner, so I have had to follow the anniversary of that which was September. 

The car has done 32k miles, so very low mileage. 

I am aware of the slightly cheaper "Essentials" service option, but believe you do not get the Hybrid health check with this, so would have to pay separately for that.

I can't see what major things need to be done at 8 years, it seems a few things need to be done at 4 year intervals and some at 2, but nothing obvious to justify the price. 

So my options are, keep the Lexus service history up to date by having this service at the dealer, or go for the slightly cheaper Essentials service and consider the Hybrid check option or try Toyota, or an independent. 

What would you do if you were me?

27 minutes ago, thar said:

What would you do if you were me?

Depends on whether you plan on keeping it until it dies or not. If so then who cares about the stamps in the book.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Essential Service includes Hybrid Health Check,so,if I`m right it is a no brainer T

I didn't think it did, but I'll check, thanks.

4 hours ago, m4rkw said:

Depends on whether you plan on keeping it until it dies or not. If so then who cares about the stamps in the book.

I am planning on keeping it, but don't want issues with the hybrid Battery.

• Like 1

I have an extended warranty on my 2014 CT and have just had an Essentials Service which includes the Hybrid check/test. Unlike previously, you now also continue to receive a stamp in the service book as normal too.

To me it's a no-brainer to have a service, with hybrid Battery check, at a main dealer. You could ask to have a minor service instead due to the reduced mileage? They may refuse to stamp the book in that case (although that would be unfair) but as it's no longer under warranty you can do what you want. The important thing is to have a full check over and oil change annually plus the hybrid Battery service for piece of mind (and each Battery service provides a 12 month extension to the Battery warranty up to 15 years). Maybe try negotiating a price based on what you want yo have done; there's no harm in asking. 

• Like 1

As the Hybrid health check is included in all dealer services, (I hadn't reaIised it was), I will go for the Essential Care service, that's £105.00 cheaper than the non-essentials. Thanks for all your replies.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links