Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Bypass Spring

Chris.S

very small ones...........

id take one out and go to a hardware shop etc etc,

dont get steel get stainless steel one, also dont bother with the countersunk ones as fitted, get some decent Allen type ones, but proper headed ones, you will require washers then, but this way they wont fall out.

very small ones...........

id take one out and go to a hardware shop etc etc,

dont get steel get stainless steel one, also dont bother with the countersunk ones as fitted, get some decent Allen type ones, but proper headed ones, you will require washers then, but this way they wont fall out.

I've got mats old ones as described :whistling:

Got my free spring monday from TTE

Did you pay postage Gordon? I had to pay postage for it to the UK?

Thanks for the comments Rob, will have a play tomorrow.

Anyone know what size screws will fit in the TTE airbox as mine have nearly all gone - everytime I open the boot a couple more have disappeared :o

no i didnt pay postage, very good service e-mail friday spring came monday am

Didn't realise you fitted your supercharger in the boot pal........? :blink:

****!

:censored:

This is why I need to stop drinking, keep looking in the wrong place for things :P

Will have a loook tomorrow as she's making a nasty noise at 5k+ - bought some screw from Halfords so will see if they fit.....

And it sounds like TTE bent me over and bummed me dry - will drop them an email saying wheres my screws gone and please send me a new cradle since mine has snapped due to "too much fun"..........

OK, took the old spring off so just the new one is there - it doesn't seem anywhere near as tight now though - will check it out tomorrow as need to go and get ready for a wedding (means lots of drinking - change for me then!)

Also took one of the screws out of the airbox so will pop into B&Q tomorrow to see what I can buy....

I looked at my cable and there's noway near the slack you've got on your cable Rob - I'll pop a picture up tomorrow....

BTW, is it just me or does this thread go to TDI if I click in the reply box?? I have to tab into the signature box to add a reply. I'm using Safari to browse the site....

Hmmmm, now I've only got the new spring on the noise the bypass makes is much more pronounced and 'harsh' - makes a right old racket now! Is that normal? With both springs it was a much less pronounced pfffft sound but now it sounds weird!

Got a load of screws from a website called modelfixings.com - cost me less than a tenner for 60 screws and a couple of allen keys. Will sort it out properly at a later date when I have a bit more time, unless I go for the HKS induction before that :P

check that the movement of the bypass itself is smooth and that the lever doesnt pick up on anything, if it does then the bypass might not be closing properly aslso make sure that the valve "snaps" back when u release it.

i am working on an alternative by-pass for the S/C, i hope to use the same method used on the RX300 supercharger system.

i have the preliminary drawings done..........just need a car now to develop it on

i am working on an alternative by-pass for the S/C, i hope to use the same method used on the RX300 supercharger system.

i have the preliminary drawings done..........just need a car now to develop it on

He Redneck, watch your car. :winky:

Mat,

If you're coming back to the UK soon you can have a dabble with mine fella, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing!!!!

Wish I lived nearer Mick!!!

What exactly does the RX SC do then??????

i have not looked at the Sc on the RX but would assume that it is a vac operated bypass valve - have also been thinking about this quite a bit and have taken some measurements/readings to guage the vac and the type of valve required - just need to find some more info on them now!

He Redneck, watch your car. :winky:

:o

ahhh...NO! :D

i have not looked at the Sc on the RX but would assume that it is a vac operated bypass valve - have also been thinking about this quite a bit and have taken some measurements/readings to guage the vac and the type of valve required - just need to find some more info on them now!

If you look carefully at the pics on TTE site or brochure of IS kit,

It looks like there's a vacuum operated bypass anyway.

Mat mate - might find the bits you need in a TTE trash can :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links