Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of buying a VW/Audi electric car?

Spacewagon52

36 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Thank you Bernard. So, the customer is landed with problems because VW wishes to avoid paying large fines for Fleet Emissions not falling within  EU limits. Blatantly unfair and unscrupulous.

THE CAR IN FRONT IS A TOYOTA/LEXUS !

This is just unbelievable !

Very similar issues reported for Audi A6 (except for the water ingress issue).

My opinion about VAG after having bought two brand new cars from them (one of which I got rid of in three months) is that along with the dealer network the VAG group is basically just a big finance company. It's just a coincidence that the physical asset that counterparts the backing finance paper happens to be a car.

VAG and VFWS are fundamentally more interested in producing more and more finance agreements as that's what multiplies the monies in the end.

It's sad that Audi brand are a part of this as I have a soft corner for the Audi Sport and Audi urQuattro for their dominance and innovations in rally sport in the past. I read previously that Audi are planning to revive the Horch brand as an ultra luxury branch of the main brand but things are going out of hands for Audi it seems.

I hope Audi are able to come out of this VAG alliance and course correct. Same as Mazda did by severing their ties with Ford, and Mazda came out much better after that. That Mazda6 is such a cracker of a car for what it is.

31 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Most encouraging Bernard, thanks.

1 hour ago, e-yes said:

Very similar issues reported for Audi A6 (except for the water ingress issue).

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

I'm sure that I read somewhere - Pistonheads perhaps - that Audis are just rebadged Skodas .

I had water ingress issue in my Skoda Superb Mk1, even back then this was described as the typical VAG car water ingress issue, which was good in 1 respect - sorted in a matter of hours - except for the drying process.

Vince

23 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

They should be offering you some form of compensation as they have not delivered on what they promised.

oooookaaayyy

so, the guy that was supposed to give me a ring today is now on leave ( although on Saturday he told me that he will ring me on Monday)

The next guy told me that they need to contact the factory to ask for the upgrade

then I explained him that I was told that they have already upgraded my vehicle but the software mysteriously went back to the previous edition so surely no need to contact the factory cause they already have the upgrade on site unless he can explain how they told me they upgraded the car without having the upgrade

They he started a lots of  "ahhh, ehhhmm, there was some issue, ehhhmm, ahhhh, I will call you tomorrow"

what can I say...

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

oooookaaayyy

so, the guy that was supposed to give me a ring today is now on leave ( although on Saturday he told me that he will ring me on Monday)

The next guy told me that they need to contact the factory to ask for the upgrade

then I explained him that I was told that they have already upgraded my vehicle but the software mysteriously went back to the previous edition so surely no need to contact the factory cause they already have the upgrade on site unless he can explain how they told me they upgraded the car without having the upgrade

They he started a lots of  "ahhh, ehhhmm, there was some issue, ehhhmm, ahhhh, I will call you tomorrow"

what can I say...

You can view the video that Bernard put up this morning Vas.

The action of VW is shameful. They sold cars to the public which contained software problems which they knew about.They sold so as to avoid paying large sums as a penalty for not lowering their Fleet emissions. View it and tell us your views.

23 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Yeah, I have seen it.  If this is true,  then they are crooks

That`s why your deal was so good?

If they weren`t able to "sell" the vehicles they`d have paid more fines.It is the customer that suffers.

They are more than crooks. You will probably find that there are many purchasers throughout UK that have been duped.

On 12/14/2020 at 3:39 PM, royoftherovers said:

That`s why your deal was so good?

If they weren`t able to "sell" the vehicles they`d have paid more fines.It is the customer that suffers.

They are more than crooks. You will probably find that there are many purchasers throughout UK that have been duped.

so, more news

was told that it is finally ready

Got there this morning.

Big smile, it's ready , we upgrated everything, cheers

Keys back, goes to the car and

IT'S DEAD

Not even the doors open.

it is beyond a joke now really

22 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

so, more news

was told that it is finally ready

Got there this morning.

Big smile, it's ready , we upgrated everything, cheers

Keys back, goes to the car and

IT'S DEAD

Not even the doors open.

it is beyond a joke now really

Good grief -that's unbelievable! Did you make your displeasure felt?

The car seems to be underdeveloped and not ready for market release yet. "dead" ID3s can be found on the net so this does not only affect your car James.  The dealer will not have a clue what to do now and can only follow instructions coming from Germany. Can you still hand it back? Leave the keys on the table and demand a full return of your money?

VW is playing an extremely dangerous game by bringing these cars to market too soon. As the ID family is critical for VWś future it will be a disaster bigger than dieselgate if potential buyers start ignoring the brand.

I like the styling and package of the ID3 and 4 as well and am seriously thinking of going full electric next year. Think i will wait until toyota/lexus realease a good alternative though..

Apart from Tesla and European manufacturers below Chinese companies will be available soon. Pretty serious stuff and way beyond putting an MG badge on an outdated EV that will only sell over price. Just have a look!

www.nio.com

en.xiaopeng.com

lixiang.com 

So, what if..  those cars look great, everything works, no software issues, good range, 5 star crash ratings and very competitively priced?

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

Good grief -that's unbelievable! Did you make your displeasure felt?

they are looking into taking it back / replacing it with another.

And so they should. At least they don't do the " but it's only a flesh wound" nonsense.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

they are looking into taking it back / replacing it with another.

And so they should. At least they don't do the " but it's only a flesh wound" nonsense.

Glad to hear it!

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Apart from Tesla and European manufacturers below Chinese companies will be available soon. Pretty serious stuff and way beyond putting an MG badge on an outdated EV that will only sell over price. Just have a look!

www.nio.com

en.xiaopeng.com

lixiang.com 

So, what if..  those cars look great, everything works, no software issues, good range, 5 star crash ratings and very competitively priced?

Bernard, was it you a short while back  who told us his next vehicle was am Audi etron ?

33 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

jct600 sold it

corkills try to fix it.

Both dealerships are trying their best so far

I`m sure they are. All such Dealerships seem to have been dealt a rough hand by VW via its cheating philosophy yet again. A pity that customers haven`t left them entirely. The bottom line is that they have sold a vehicle which is not fit for purpose.You were seduced/enticed.cheated etc by the package they offered.

50 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Bernard, was it you a short while back  who told us his next vehicle was am Audi etron ?

Yes it was John. As much as i would like to go for Lexus again there is just no model available in the line up for me at the moment. I would like to go full EV or at least plug in and i do like the styling of the Audi. Mind you still not seen the productionversion so could be the bland Q3 type styling. Anyway great interior and build quality but the current software issues within VW scare me off big time. Also the Toyota RAV4 Prime plug in is very interesting. The new NX will be based on this but i am not sure if it will come next year and it might be too expensive for me..

1 minute ago, dutchie01 said:

Yes it was John. As much as i would like to go for Lexus again there is just no model available in the line up for me at the moment. I would like to go full EV or at least plug in and i do like the styling of the Audi. Mind you still not seen the productionversion so could be the bland Q3 type styling. Anyway great interior and build quality but the current software issues within VW scare me off big time. Also the Toyota RAV4 Prime plug in is very interesting. The new NX will be based on this but i am not sure if it will come next year and it might be too expensive for me..

Some good stuff coming out of Kia/Hyundai Bernard approaching Lexus standars of quality and reliability. GV70 ?

6 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Some good stuff coming out of Kia/Hyundai Bernard approaching Lexus standars of quality and reliability. GV70 ?

Absolutely. The Genesis brand will be available as from next year but also here pricing is not available yet. Looks great, the Koreans have come a long way! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links