Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could I ask, has anyone got a dashcam fitted to a Gen4 RX450h, especially the one that Lexus dealers sell you.

If so can you please post a pic of it and how it looks, where it has been placed and does it interfere with the built in camera the car uses for speed sign recognition etc?

38 minutes ago, flookyk said:

Could I ask, has anyone got a dashcam fitted to a Gen4 RX450h, especially the one that Lexus dealers sell you.

If so can you please post a pic of it and how it looks, where it has been placed and does it interfere with the built in camera the car uses for speed sign recognition etc?

As you probably know the Lexus dash cam system is now a front and rear system.  Lexus uses the Nextbase 380GWX bundle.  The system is very neat and fits flush to the glass so no dangly thing with a screen.  The Lexus cameras don’t have screens on them (which I prefer) but you can see your vids using the Cam Viewer app. The front camera is mounted always in this location (see photo) so doesn’t affect the car’s own cameras.

I should add that the rear camera is very small and you forget it’s there even though it’s mounted in the top middle of the rear glass.

I had mine fitted during the PDI and Lexus warranty the system for 3 years.  On my last Lexus, an ES, the Nextbase card failed just after the 12 month warranty period.  No problem says Lexus as we warranty it for 3 years. Two days later I had a new Nextbase SD card.

Video detail is good too, day and night.

3ACE6D68-2ABD-4E55-8286-305619869234.jpeg

017CDAE2-BB20-4EA6-B760-D9F788FD3304.jpeg

8679D46A-A2FB-48C2-9DE7-0D13122321A2.jpeg

DBE7EB1C-3EDA-41F2-B490-32095C6F13CE.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Habu said:

If you need better daylight image I can do those tomorrow.  Just let me know.

Thanks, those pictures are ok.

I was wondering if they fitted it central on the front screen how they avoided getting in the way of the cars own camera but it looks like the dashcam is offset to the left of centre.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Fatts said:

Other than in the event of a RTA; what use are dashcams? Do they go on recording when the car is parked and if that’s the case, what’s the impact on the car battery?

https://news.motability.co.uk/motoring/everything-you-need-to-know-about-dashcams/

12 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Roy,  The article provided a useful read. I note it did say having one fitted would not reduce one’s insurance premium but would help to prove one’s innocence in the event of a no fault accident.

8 minutes ago, Fatts said:

Thanks Roy,  The article provided a useful read. I note it did say having one fitted would not reduce one’s insurance premium but would help to prove one’s innocence in the event of a no fault accident.

That`s about right Banji and it will also help to incriminate you should you be at fault!

Treat is as a Sleeping Policeman at your side to assist you when driving. Good Luck.

I have one on each of the Merc and the Lexus.