Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F owners UK

Just now, Rob RCF said:

I've seen a detailing video where they were peeling one of the early clear bras off a Porsche and talked about how careful they had to be as it had been on for a long time. Left adhesive residue all over the paint as well. I thought the modern "wraps" were designed to be easier to remove though, especially the higher quality ones.

That would be an AmmoNYC video - Larry is a legend.  They are easier, but all I'm saying is it's a risk - an expensive one as well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, speedfreek said:

That would be an AmmoNYC video - Larry is a legend.  They are easier, but all I'm saying is it's a risk - an expensive one as well.

That's the one! I was going to name drop AMMO NYC, but I usually assume most other people don't watch youtube as obsessively as me. 😅

Here's the aforementioned video in case anyone's interested: https://youtu.be/uDWWtk-XVtQ

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 8:18 PM, Arnett said:

Absolute steal for that price, would of tickled some old men in some delicate places to nab that at the bargain price. 

Unless it was nabbed by a dealer who now has sticky fingers from peeling the wrap 😂

4 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Sweet baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph for that matter, what an absolute bargain! Should have bought it as my dob-mobile! 🤣

That's just greediness. You already have a GSF 😝

• Haha 1

Just now, ironrose said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202202012009773?atmobcid=soc3

The dealer is still struggling to shift this one. Dropped by another £2k today. 

Well let's see if it's a hint of things to come. 

Pre - chip shortage that would of been listed at 30k from lexus direct, so much better rates etc. 

3 hours ago, ironrose said:

Oh wait, it's reappeared. Looks like it might have been sold to a dealer or part exchanged.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205185831892?atmobcid=soc3

I noticed this too.

I like the look of the car, it's a nice spec.

But I can't help but think that the dealer has made a big mistake buying it unless he managed to buy it for £30k off the seller.

With fuel prices sudden increase as well as consumer confidence at an 40 year low, I think this category of car isn't one to be buying in to, especially when it was for sale for so long already at the same price.

2 hours ago, AlpineAlex said:

I noticed this too.

I like the look of the car, it's a nice spec.

But I can't help but think that the dealer has made a big mistake buying it unless he managed to buy it for £30k off the seller.

With fuel prices sudden increase as well as consumer confidence at an 40 year low, I think this category of car isn't one to be buying in to, especially when it was for sale for so long already at the same price.

The thing is GSF is a cult car with great potential to become a classic, if you think of it, the GSF is quite possibly is the last NA V8 saloon made and when the milk floats becomes a norm, V8 enthusiasts will be after these cars. Considering this there are people out there (like me, sadly not the colour for me) who will want to this. 

2 minutes ago, ironrose said:

The thing is GSF is a cult car with great potential to become a classic, if you think of it, the GSF is quite possibly is the last NA V8 saloon made and when the milk floats becomes a norm, V8 enthusiasts will be after these cars. Considering this there are people out there (like me, sadly not the colour for me) who will want to this. 

Well, if you ignore the IS500 maybe…

9 minutes ago, ironrose said:

Totally agree. I just think the next 2 years isn't going to kind to prices on any car that gets less than 28mpg.

Just now, AlpineAlex said:

That's not coming to the UK right?

I’m sure some will be imported privately in time.  Actually quite nice cars, just a shame they weren’t bold enough to make it a new ISF.

47 minutes ago, AlpineAlex said:

The purple wrapped one has appeared today:
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13412144

Looks like the dealer has gone for a £9k margin on it. I'm sure he will be unwrapping it immediately

Wow the door jambs. Sprayed black? Quite a few potential red flags with this car.

1 minute ago, Rob RCF said:

Wow the door jambs. Sprayed black? Quite a few potential red flags with this car.

Likely satin wrapped.  I can’t imagine they would have painted anything on a wrap job.

1 minute ago, speedfreek said:

Likely satin wrapped.  I can’t imagine they would have painted anything on a wrap job.

It could be. Just seems odd that they wouldn't use the same purple wrap as the outside. Maybe it was a "fix" done later to hide the orange when you open the doors.

Yes shuts and returns will have been wrapped in black. 

One of the front sensors is still orange though 🙄

I was close to buying this car when it was a year old. Looks a sorry state now, but I’m sure it can all be put back to standard. 

1 minute ago, Rob RCF said:

It could be. Just seems odd that they wouldn't use the same purple wrap as the outside. Maybe it was a "fix" done later to hide the orange when you open the doors.

I think it is easier to wrap the shuts and returns in that black material. Some wrap materials are difficult to stretch and hold in all of the grooves and shapes found in those areas. 

Top gear Stoke selling it, they've sold a fat previously. They bought that at a steal personally I wouldn't even contemplate it unless they removed the wrap and had the paint work coated

On 5/22/2022 at 3:41 PM, Arnett said:

Top gear Stoke selling it, they've sold a fat previously. They bought that at a steal personally I wouldn't even contemplate it unless they removed the wrap and had the paint work coated

The fact that the dealer used BCA pictures and couldn't be bothered taking the latest pictures doesn't bode very well 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links