Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hmm - looks like an electrical glitch. Perhaps a loose or corroded terminal in the HT circuit. Unlikely to be a component failure.

8 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

In the comments one suggestion of brake actuator. I believe both batteries in my car seem ok. 

IMG_4994.png

8 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

I found a YouTube video of exactly what my cars doing intermittently at moment what do you think?

The YouTube guy with the same problem as me said a Battery change fixed everything even though his original 12 volt Battery appeared fine (which mine appears fine as well) and my car friend has suggested that 350amps left on my Battery for my hybrid car seems low. So that settles it I’ll buy a new Battery
it’s been 3 years since I last changed it and Lexus did say to me it would last 2-3 years.

IMG_4997.jpeg

I read a few times today my car has some kind of ‘ready mode’ it does a system check everytime switched on so theoretically I guess if the 12 volt low that would cause an issue I guess. 

Richard

I saw the the Video that is what happend to me exactly, its the Battery

I bought my car 3 years ago from tunbridge wells I live in yorkshire the car had been on the forecourt 3  months I picked the car up on the saturday and the car never moved till Monday.

Thats when i had the sound Tunbridge wells where ok the contacted Lexus Hull and told me to take it there  and they would fit it.

The fitter told me that clicking is the relay that as not got enough voltage to set the startup proccedure in motion  I have not had a problem since as John as remarked those batteries last a long time if they are kept charged but if you let them run down they will fail and let you down.

Just one point have you checked that the Battery conections are clean and tight.

I also noticed maybe conjecture at a guess if I drive the car daily (I.e everyday)  it seems to start fine but twice I let it sit for two days without using it came back and was struggling to start up and took 5 minutes of turning on and off before with 1-2 breaks between before would start. 

11 hours ago, KayCee said:

Hi Richard

With respect you have answered your owm query

Battery is Kapurt

But have you tried a CTek Battery charger that can sometimes Recondition the battery

Rob

Hi thank for replay. 

I’ll order a new Battery this week and pray the issue disappears and goes away as this is the first time happening since I’ve owned the car and putting in a new (the Lexus Panasonic) in January 2021. FYI I have the mark Lev sound system so majority of the time daily I do tend to play my music almost at full power as well for three years straight I can imagine that would have a negative effect on the Battery over time?

• 3 weeks later...

Yhay sucess new Battery fitted two weeks ago this weekend I left the car off and alone for two days straight and the car started up first time with no issues so yes it did infact need a new 12 volt Battery only after two and a half years re the Lexus Panasonic 450amp Battery. So the 350amps the old one that was giving off without load wasn’t enough to start the car I guess. 

On 5/6/2024 at 7:12 PM, Riccccccardo said:

Hi thank for replay. 

I’ll order a new battery this week and pray the issue disappears and goes away as this is the first time happening since I’ve owned the car and putting in a new (the Lexus Panasonic) in January 2021. FYI I have the mark Lev sound system so majority of the time daily I do tend to play my music almost at full power as well for three years straight I can imagine that would have a negative effect on the battery over time?

I should imagine it may have an effect on your ears Ricardo (?)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links