Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Richard

Yes i have same well not the letter but was checking on DVLA for my mot date

and there it was

"There is a recall for this vehicle contact your Dealer"

well i rang Lexus sheffield and they said it was for a Fuel pipe  as my car needs servicing in Feburary said leave it till then its not critical I did say well why is it on if its not critical.

The answer was a few Vent pipes have perished so have to be replaced so ithink i may take it in dont like the idea of fuel Vapour leak.

Robert

• Like 1

They made that up. The recall is for the flange which the vent pipe is connected to - it can potentially crack (stress fracture). It's metal, of course. The actual vent pipe is not affected.

See my post re GS300h recall for pics of the item.

They are only starting the work in February and it seems as if most Lexus models around particular dates are affected so they are going to be swamped. They (Lexus Stockport) moved my appointment from February to March due to pressure of number of bookings for the job.

• Like 1

Thanks for that John it was a lady that answered  she said they were awaiting the parts.

i have sinced rang again and they confirmed what you said and will send me an invitation to come in to have it done.

I have not had a letter of recall as yet as i said i got the info off the DVLA MOT Site to check my MOT date thats where i found the Recall info nothing specific Just that there is a recall Notice.

Robert

On 12/22/2022 at 1:10 PM, Riccccccardo said:

I found this tyre recommended by EVO magazine its performance is close to top brands such as mitchlin and continental alot cheaper and made by uk company and does loads of sizes. I mite go for this. 

https://www.maxxis.com/uk/tyre/victra-sport-5-vs5/

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Maxxis/Victra-Sport-5.htm

C0C032C3-1D4D-4DDB-A56C-5C5C33A18C53.png

3A30A871-7AB9-40C5-8EB3-CF89BE7ADDFE.png

7ED6C314-A72A-404F-82EE-60CAADD6284B.jpeg

849D1FB1-D430-4E2D-AB60-81FDCC5FC9DD.png

FD4C10D7-7943-46AA-9451-7F1A4873C757.png

Zotto has these tyres on his RX450H and told me that they are very good. Maybe it is worth for you sending him a PM to ask information?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 8:24 PM, KayCee said:

Hi Richard

Yes i have same well not the letter but was checking on DVLA for my mot date

and there it was

"There is a recall for this vehicle contact your Dealer"

well i rang Lexus sheffield and they said it was for a Fuel pipe  as my car needs servicing in Feburary said leave it till then its not critical I did say well why is it on if its not critical.

The answer was a few Vent pipes have perished so have to be replaced so ithink i may take it in dont like the idea of fuel Vapour leak.

Robert

Hi thanks for reply. Yes my ladie receptionist was similar to yours she said no need to worry as my car ten years old lol she also said there was a two month waiting list for the part and the job would take 24 hours so I’ll book it in when I get time but not anytime soon. 

On 1/26/2023 at 5:11 PM, johnatg said:

They made that up. The recall is for the flange which the vent pipe is connected to - it can potentially crack (stress fracture). It's metal, of course. The actual vent pipe is not affected.

See my post re GS300h recall for pics of the item.

They are only starting the work in February and it seems as if most Lexus models around particular dates are affected so they are going to be swamped. They (Lexus Stockport) moved my appointment from February to March due to pressure of number of bookings for the job.

Could you repost that picture of part here possibly?

On 1/27/2023 at 3:06 PM, serbarry said:

Zotto has these tyres on his RX450H and told me that they are very good. Maybe it is worth for you sending him a PM to ask information?

I have the hancook s1 evo3 now and they are very quite and less bumpy vs the budget davanti tires that previous owner had on. Giving me a lot more confidence to push the far harder now especially in the rain. 

• 3 months later...

Considering for this years to do list at next service possible coolant change and I think my front #headlight (s) need polishing as noticed a bit foggy on purchase Lexus quoted £99. 

IMG_1831.jpeg

IMG_1830.jpeg

IMG_1829.jpeg

IMG_1827.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I’m getting the best #mpg I’ve ever had in my car the three years I’ve had it now maybe a combination of the good warm weather and me being more efficient not putting my foot down everywhere. Maybe I can get it to 40mpg?

IMG_2310.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2023 at 8:49 PM, Steven Lockey said:

Yeah, I was hitting 39 and I wasn't been gentle on the throttle 🙂

Kinda plummets a bit when the air-con kicks in through.

I try my best not to ever use the air con 🤣 so I don’t use it 99% of the time. 

Ok mot results in and it’s looking very bad this year no peace for me this year unfortunately which I was hoping for no issues this year 😭 

wear and tear items. My car is approaching 12 years old so no spring chicken anymore.

to much to list re pictures  

Many thanks to you guys here. At least I get a discount re my Lexus cub card it’s appreciated so much. 

What bothers me the most re tracking I fitted tires January this year 2023 and had tracking done the same week seperatly at quick fit and some of tire(s) down to 3 mill on edges already 😡

IMG_2662.jpeg

IMG_2661.jpeg

95bfdaa6-c97b-41ca-98a2-8f351e1bdab1.jpeg

IMG_2660.jpeg

You say you don't use aircon - that's why the condenser is bad and the o-rings are leaking. You should use aircon all the time - it keeps it working properly and it has negligible effect on fuel consumption. Use it or lose it - you've lost it!

Tyres and alignment from KwikFit? Aagh! They didn't even get all the settings within spec. What brand of tyres are they? Budget tyres last no time at all. Go to a reputable tyre place!

Get wiper blades from Lexus Parts Direct. Probably cheapest and best.

Various posts on here and elsewhere about how to restore headlamps - eg try toothpaste or you can get restoration kits to DIY.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Riccccccardo said:

What bothers me the most re tracking I fitted tires January this year 2023 and had tracking done the same week seperatly at quick fit and some of tire(s) down to 3 mill on edges already

There are only 3 primary tread bands so not sure how you can have 5 readings - the outer secondary tread patterns aren't full depth and the design of the tyre has rounded edges so I'm not sure you would have even measurements when new. If you are wearing on the in and out sides then you possibly have your pressures too low.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johnatg said:

You say you don't use aircon - that's why the condenser is bad and the o-rings are leaking. You should use aircon all the time - it keeps it working properly and it has negligible effect on fuel consumption. Use it or lose it - you've lost it!

Tyres and alignment from KwikFit? Aagh! They didn't even get all the settings within spec. What brand of tyres are they? Budget tyres last no time at all. Go to a reputable tyre place!

Various posts on here and elsewhere about how to restore headlamps - eg try toothpaste or you can get restoration kits to DIY.

Hi

Ive always understood from when I started driving using full ac kills petrol/mpg? I do use the ac just very sparingly once every few months to avoid poor fuel consumption. Re you use it or lose it I do know this and that’s why every few months I’ll turn it on for the reasons you stated so this I’ll probably just put down to age related wear and tear probably. 

I have decent brand tires Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3. 

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

There are only 3 primary tread bands so not sure how you can have 5 readings - the outer secondary tread patterns aren't full depth and the design of the tyre has rounded edges so I'm not sure you would have even measurements when new. If you are wearing on the in and out sides then you possibly have your pressures too low.

Hi manual etc.. says fronts 35 psi and rears 36 psi i always try to keep an eye on the pressures. But you could be right re were they even when knew I have no clue.  🤷🏾‍♂️

2 hours ago, johnatg said:

100% on the air-con. Only hurts fuel consumption for the first 5 minutes on a really hot day
as its on over-drive. 

37 minutes ago, Riccccccardo said:

Hi manual etc.. says fronts 35 psi and rears 36 psi i always try to keep an eye on the pressures. But you could be right re were they even when knew I have no clue.  🤷🏾‍♂️

Depends on the speed and how much you are carrying.
I've found 38 all round is good for even tyre-wear.

On 8/30/2023 at 9:03 AM, johnatg said:

https://www.classicautoair.com/why-ac-compressor-is-leaking-oil-or-refrigerant/#:~:text=This is typically the result,or shaft seal oil leaks. 

But where I’m confused you wouldn’t put yr cold air on in say winter time and how often are you supposed to put it on for?

But also deteriorating O rings can cause long term damage as well headache I have no idea what condition my ones were in. 

IMG_2724.jpeg

My friend told me this ‘In cold weather you put AC on (turn to heat) to demist in seconds etc’ 

As it counts towards using your compressor during winter time. I still feel mines was probably age related wear and tear breakage just a feeling. As I use my demister all the time  

An important function of aircon is to dry the air in the car - in winter it will dry up any condensation, eg from breath etc. So yes - you should use aircon (Climate control) in the winter. Use heater controls to warm it up to desired temperature.

The effect in fuel economy is negligible - and hell, you're driving a GS450h - you surely didn't buy it for minimal use of fuel.

The electric demister is for quick demisting - you shouldn't have that on all the time.

I have two cars with aircon and it's on all the time. One without, but it lives in the garage all winter and has the hood down most of the time in summer.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links