Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello - New Member - NX300h

Mn14

Hi. I have just taken delivery of my new NX300h Prem Sports Edition and absolutely love it. The quality, the comfort and the relaxing drive are just outstanding. Before purchasing the NX , I had been looking at reviews of the car. All of these spoke about the quality being excellent, but what concerned me was that many of the journalists were very critical of the noise and performance of the engine. I wasn't looking for a F1 car and I am more than happy with the performance provided. I don't really see what all the fuss was about, regarding the noise that the CVT apparently made. If you are looking to buy a NX300h, don't believe what these reviews say, take the car for a drive and I'm sure you will love it.  I'm so happy with this car. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mn14 said:

Hi. I have just taken delivery of my new NX300h Prem Sports Edition and absolutely love it. The quality, the comfort and the relaxing drive are just outstanding. Before purchasing the NX , I had been looking at reviews of the car. All of these spoke about the quality being excellent, but what concerned me was that many of the journalists were very critical of the noise and performance of the engine. I wasn't looking for a F1 car and I am more than happy with the performance provided. I don't really see what all the fuss was about, regarding the noise that the CVT apparently made. If you are looking to buy a NX300h, don't believe what these reviews say, take the car for a drive and I'm sure you will love it.  I'm so happy with this car. 

Welcome Malcolm.

I`m pleased that you are delighted with your new NX.

Never trust what a Journalist writ.es or says, always ask the owners

• Like 1

Welcome to the LOC Malcolm. Absolutely agree with John. The only time i find the journo,s praise Lexus is once every year when they win the reliability awards and customer service. The CVT is the best out there. The NX is a smashing car i nearly went for one but got the UX due to demands and needs in other words i dont think i needed anything as big. Although saying that if my dealer offered me one at an unbeatable offer i could be persuaded i suppose (hope they read this) ha ha. Good folks on here friendly and will help if they can. Enjoy your NX.

• Like 1

Welcome to LOC Malcolm 🙂

The CVT noise (which is actually engine noise) is a common complaint of journalists. They are so use to a rising and fall engine note as you accelerate through the gears that it is just alien to them. Clearly if you drive your vehicle like you stole it, full on throttle all the time then with the engine always at 5000+ rpm it would get a little tiresome and noisy but that isn't how a hybrid is expected to be driven and not how 95% of people drive.

I've yet to read a powerboat or jetski review where they complained about the engine note always being the same under hard acceleration and that they recommend it revs passed the maximum power rpm of the engine, then drops below it and climbs back up again several times, which is clearly less efficient, just so they can relate to their childhood of playing with matchbox cars on the living room floor but we continue to expect it for vehicles.

Saying that the earlier NXs did seem to rev up more than other Lexus hybrids, and the newer ones don't do it as much.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome Gents. I did also read some good reviews from owners and you are right John, the best people to ask is the owners. Even better, the wife loves it too. 😁

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links