Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pre-delivery inspection UX250h what does it consist of?

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Take your point Phil. I`m currently in SW Scotland and shouldn`t be dipping in and out of Threads.

..The greater the amount of time that passes the more difficult it will be for the O.P. to convince the Dealer that any concern he has was present at handover.

Likewise the greater the opportunity for the Dealer to apportion responsibility/blame to the O.P.

Now, back to my holiday😉

Agreed. Regarding "dipping in and out" since joining the LOC I do find it somewhat addictive when I'm not in my local or garden 🤗

Your present location sounds great but aren't you concerned that your satnav will give the game away to Ms. STURGEON as I thought we were not welcome? 🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

This could be simply a setting in the cluster menus, setting the headlamps for Continental driving i.e. driving on the right? Maybe someone has had a play around and accidentally change it? 

I'm curious about the "Lexus importer". Did you not buy the vehicle through a UK Lexus dealer? In which case the 'import' isn't actually an 'import' in usual sense of the term, where one purchases a car from a dealer outside the UK and arrange delivery to the UK. I take it you are in the UK?

The first link I posted is the official Lexus EU technical document repository and one has to register and pay to access the detailed information, (well worth the few euros it costs IMHO) lots of detailed info on your specific model, as one enters the vehicles VIN. I think you'd be well advised to explore!

Couldn't agree more, something doesn't quite line up here? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I'm curious about the "Lexus importer".

yes yes all bought from an official Lexus dealership.  but Lexus has a central headquarter in the country so that is what I meant.

Which dealer did you buy from? They should your first port of call. Lexus UK customer service will only bounce it back to them if they haven't had the opportunity to sort this for you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Not sure why anything is lost John, it's a brand new 2020 UX therefore well inside warranty but I don't think that's the issue. Bearing in mind we're commenting from a distance I cannot for one moment think anyone spending this kind of money considers one iota of rust to be acceptable let alone the PDI issue. Personally, I would put in writing your concerns to the dealer and what you expect them to do and by when. Failing that you will return the vehicle and expect to be returned to the same financial position you were in before the transaction. I would also ensure that a copy is sent to Ewan Shepherd at Lexus HQ. 

thanks.  well since I am having a bit of resistance at the dealer (more things have gone wrong) I need to prep this well to have a change (talked to a lawyer already at the automobile club).  I am surly not planning to take this laying down.

As to the rust on the exhaust, here I consulted with the automobile club who had a look and said this is normal for a new car.  It is the oxidation that happens when you weld the exhaust. 

17 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

The service history of your car should be visible if you go to Lexus.co.uk and log in. Then go to ‘My Vehicles’ / Vehicle Information / Service History.

For my NX it shows everything, including the fitting of accessories. There are two entries under ‘vehicle delivery’ for mine but it doesn’t actually detail what was done and doesn’t refer to the PDI. That is stamped in the service book though, as it should be for your UX.

OK went there and only see the date it was registered and and who entered the date (the dealer).  No mention of the PDI being done or not. 

As I have a tow-bar fitted, according to your info, it should show.  No such thing. 

14 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Agreed. Regarding "dipping in and out" since joining the LOC I do find it somewhat addictive when I'm not in my local or garden 🤗

Your present location sounds great but aren't you concerned that your satnav will give the game away to Ms. STURGEON as I thought we were not welcome? 🤔

I`ve not been able to drive since mid Feb, Phil, so Mrs Roy is my guiding light. We are in her Mazda 2. 

1 hour ago, ChangeAgent said:

thanks.  well since I am having a bit of resistance at the dealer (more things have gone wrong) I need to prep this well to have a change (talked to a lawyer already at the automobile club).  I am surly not planning to take this laying down.

As to the rust on the exhaust, here I consulted with the automobile club who had a look and said this is normal for a new car.  It is the oxidation that happens when you weld the exhaust. 

What are the "More things have gone wrong" ?  I find Lexus dealers to be just briliiant...this to me, seems a little odd?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Which dealer did you buy from? They should your first port of call. Lexus UK customer service will only bounce it back to them if they haven't had the opportunity to sort this for you.

let's keep the name of the dealer out for now.  and yes I am trying to get them to respond. they do not however.

Just now, ChangeAgent said:

let's keep the name of the dealer out for now.  and yes I am trying to get them to respond. they do not however.

All the more reason to name them here, so others might be forewarned.

What about the automobile club?

• Like 1

I can understand why someone wouldn’t want to name and shame on here whilst trying to resolve some issues with said dealer. I wouldn’t in the same situation.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

I can understand why someone wouldn’t want to name and shame on here whilst trying to resolve some issues with said dealer. I wouldn’t in the same situation.

I can agree with that comment certainly Paul.

If I had written twice to the Dealer and not received a response and If I had telephoned it  and been promised a telephone call in response which had not been received, I would have made a formal complaint by now.

• Like 1

The dealer should be named and the "more problems"  stated ....otherwise this post is pointless?

I'm beginning to think of the a bloke called Walter.....Mr Witty.   🙂   Go on prove me wrong....I'd be ever so pleased, as I ponder my 10 year warranty?  🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Because, in the mean time, they talked to a lawyer. 

19 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Still curious as to the automobile club you belong to?

Sorry been advised to no longer say anything.

Thanks everybody for your input, I learned a thing or two and appreciate the help as it was very  helpful indeed.

3 hours ago, cur666 said:

The dealer should be named and the "more problems"  stated ....otherwise this post is pointless?

I'm beginning to think of the a bloke called Walter.....Mr Witty.   🙂   Go on prove me wrong....I'd be ever so pleased, as I ponder my 10 year warranty?  🙂

You don’t have the right to know everything about why is going on here. That’s not the point.

5 hours ago, paulrnx said:

You don’t have the right to know everything about why is going on here. That’s not the point.

I didn't say that I had any rights ...and if I had over stepped the mark...surely it's for the aurthor to address...not you??

I thought that the point of the forum was to inform / discuss /advise ? This cannot be acheived without the complete story?

What would you say that the point is?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cur666 said:

I didn't say that I had any rights ...and if I had over stepped the mark...surely it's for the aurthor to address...not you??

I thought that the point of the forum was to inform / discuss /advise ? This cannot be acheived without the complete story?

What would you say that the point is?

It looked to me like the point of this discussion was to find out what is included in a PDI. The OP confirmed he/she wasn’t going to give full details of everything whilst pursuing remediation. I don’t think we have a right to know everything. Hopefully we’ll get an update when all sorted. That said, you never know what is fact and what is not fact. It’s just words on a public Internet forum and if there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s that I don’t believe everything I read on the internet 🤣👍

On 7/4/2021 at 9:30 AM, paulrnx said:

It looked to me like the point of this discussion was to find out what is included in a PDI. The OP confirmed he/she wasn’t going to give full details of everything whilst pursuing remediation. I don’t think we have a right to know everything. Hopefully we’ll get an update when all sorted. That said, you never know what is fact and what is not fact. It’s just words on a public Internet forum and if there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s that I don’t believe everything I read on the internet 🤣👍

Once the author mentioned ; rust, more problems and a dealer who would not reply...... on a forum.....he was surely going to generate many questions?

( A forum ; where ideas and views are exchanged )

I for one crawled under my UX looking for rust....none there...phew !

My point;   I don't understand people who take vicarious umbrage and therefore try to stifle debate ?

I also note on your profile , that your car is an NX...isn't this the UX forum ....but far be it for me to stifle debate....I don't mind your input at all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links