Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A little help with a VSC ligh on Lexus gs 430 2001

Hello to everyone I've just had purchase the Lexus from the topic. I've read true the forum and i found how to reset that same VSC light and witch i did. So hers what's happen. The engine light came on on it's own,I've hooked at up with my OBD scanner and it showed error P1651. That's a general code for Lexus so i couldn't read the code. However I've cleared that error and after that when i start the car the VSC came on on 2 places. One on the left who was showing VSC OFF and VSC on its own. Then i followed the process of reseting them by connecting with a wire TS(14) and CG(4) on the OBD port under the driver side. Waited for 30 sec with ignition on, then I've turned the ignition off and removed the wire,so far so good. Start the car after that, no errors what so ever, till the end of the day... The engine light came on again, obviously connected my OBD scanner and had deleted the error and from there, bough of VSC lights came back on. So i repeat the process againg. I deleted the error first and then I've done the reset of the VSC light(b. t. w. if i try to reset the VSC with the wire, the engine light stays on and backward, if i try to delete the error the VSC lights comes on). So basically I'm gonna need here an advice. For now there's no lights on the dash, but im sure that will come up shortly. I was thinking to go to a garage and they to hook me up with a professional system so they to be able to read the code and tell me wich sensor i have to change,because i can't read at with mine. All what i can get is general code P1651. So if someone had same as my experian i would love to hear at. Thank you for everyone's patience and understanding. 

Kind regards: Miro

• Like 1

I've found from experience that sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and get a diagnostic check at the dealer where the equipment costs thousands.

Does anyone has any info about the diagnostic at lexus, how much loud cost? And do i really have to go to them to get my code readable or i can do that at some garage? 

If you have read a P1651 error then I'm not sure what you are expecting other diagnostic equipment to tell you - you have a P1651 error, that is a very specific error, not generic.

That is an ACIS vacuum valve (VSV) fault. The reason the error doesn't come back immediately is that the ACIS valve isn't opened unless you rev the engine passed a certain rpm (around 3,500+).

It's quite labour intensive to replace it unfortunately, see here:

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/51687-p1651-code/?do=findComment&comment=560013

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comment its appreciated. Just to make sure I'm on the write road, I've found this information about that VSV valve. I'll apply a pic below. Just since I've found difrent information about the time for the labour to change that VSV valve. Can just someone confirm for me from the pic below that VSV valve is located there. I took that pic from another topic on lexus gs 430 2003. If the information from that pic is legit and that VSV valve is located there, will be pretty easy to change at. Thanks againg. 

Regards:Miro

Screenshot_20210702_105149_com.android.chrome.jpg

Sorry about the message on the top. Just found all what i need, thanks to Colin Barber. That would be all, the topic can be deleted. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links