Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I,ve made my mind up (kind of)

stormchaser

Well booked my appointment with WBAC yesterday. The guy phoned me this morning to confirm things, he sounded really friendly.

Arrived 10 minutes early and he was dealing with someone when we got there, a 69 plate BMW X1. They drove off without accepting the offer!

He checked the engine started ok, looked at the V5 and the service stamps. Then spent 2 minutes looking around the car. He didn't bother with the wheels, interior or engine bay, just the paintwork! They go by grade and he gave it a 2, saying it's rare to get a 10 year old car in such good condition.

Valuation online was £7285.

Price offered after grading £7142.

Admin and immediate payment fee was £105.

So total of £7037.

Invoice emailed instantly and money was in the account pretty much instantly.

10/10 for WBAC, very easy way of selling your car. 

I now have some bits to sell, winter wheels, oil and filter, filter tool, boot liner and rubber mats. I'll put them in the for sale section.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I found the car on autotrader, being sold by a trader not dealer and they want £9,650 for it! 

Out of curiosity I did another WBAC valuation and it was £1,000 more than 4 weeks a go. That is just crazy! If anyone is thinking of selling I would do it now while prices are so high.

• Like 1

Mine went from £10,300 3 weeks ago, to £11,500 last week.

I am not considering selling though as they are a discontinued model and the car is just too good to part with.

Nice to know it has only devalued some £2,800 in the 3 1/2 years we have owned it. We contemplated upgrading to the

run out model but after seeing it would need an additional £20k ish investment with very few updates apart from the age factor

we decided against it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Poundy said:

Mine went from £10,300 3 weeks ago, to £11,500 last week.

I am not considering selling though as they are a discontinued model and the car is just too good to part with.

Nice to know it has only devalued some £2,800 in the 3 1/2 years we have owned it. We contemplated upgrading to the

run out model but after seeing it would need an additional £20k ish investment with very few updates apart from the age factor

we decided against it.

You can now buy a new type Lexus Extended Warranty to cover your current car Norman until 2029 so you would be unwise to buy new or nearly new.😊👍

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

You can now buy a new type Lexus Extended Warranty to cover your current car Norman until 2029 so you would be unwise to buy new or nearly new.😊👍

Lucky you in UK. At least when talking about Lexus. Here I have heard that the warranty is 10 years if car is serviced by Lexus. Asked about extra / prolonged warranty, got negative answer.

Just now, Las Palmas said:

Lucky you in UK. At least when talking about Lexus. Here I have heard that the warranty is 10 years if car is serviced by Lexus. Asked about extra / prolonged warranty got negative answer.

Ask again John and keep asking until they recognise that UK now has a voice again.

20 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I am confused by this statement John and unable to find any information on my current paid for warranty or the new free Relax warranty, that indicates any extension beyond a 10yr renewal.

Except of course for the extended 15 year Hybrid Battery.

14 minutes ago, Poundy said:

I am confused by this statement John and unable to find any information on my current paid for warranty or the new free Relax warranty, that indicates any extension beyond a 10yr renewal.

Except of course for the extended 15 year Hybrid battery.

Read this Norman. Do a search for Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty

56 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Read this Norman. Do a search for Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty

Thanks John,

Good to know, we are paid up until late April 2023 we renewed just before the free Relax came out.

The car will be 9 years old when this one expires so I will look at options on offer then.

Not sure if we have been lucky that the car has been completely bullet proof since I bought it in 2018

Or unlucky that I have paid 4 years warranty = £1000 and never used it 😉

Just now, Poundy said:

Thanks John,

Good to know, we are paid up until late April 2023 we renewed just before the free Relax came out.

The car will be 9 years old when this one expires so I will look at options on offer then.

Not sure if we have been lucky that the car has been completely bullet proof since I bought it in 2018

Or unlucky that I have paid 4 years warranty = £1000 and never used it 😉

Glad you are now informed Norman. I am similar to you as my GS is 10 years old and has been excellent. My Extended Warranty expires in `23 and I will take out a further warranty now that I can.

No point in you/me paying out good money when we don`t need to.

Continue to enjoy your car.

43 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

This is what I found:

https://www.lexus.com/warranty

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/warranty/lexus-relax/

Only place mentioning 15 years is on the forum here.

Following previous discussions about Lexus Relax and Extended Warranty I have started this new thread with my current experience with the Extended Warranty. 

My current Extended Warranty on my Lexus IS 300h is due to expire early November. After the announcement of Relax (and the removal of the Extended Warranty from the Lexus website) I had spoken to Jemca (who I use for all my Lexus requirements) a few months ago and they had confirmed that an Extended Warranty will still exist for cars that fall outside Relax.

My car is a 2014 registration IS 300h that has now done just under 108,000 miles and so this week I called Jemca to discuss an Extended Warranty. Here is what is on offer comparing the T&Cs of a new 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty with the old Extended Warranty I currently have in place:

• The new warranty is called Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty
  • It is for approved Lexus vehicles up to 15 years old, subject to 150,000 mileage limit - the old Extended Warranty was for approved Lexus vehicles up to 10 years old and 140,000 miles, so the new extended warranty covers vehicles for longer in this respect
  • It is only available for vehicles that are between 10 and 15 years old and/or 100,000 and 150,000 miles – Relax extended warranty automatically applies to all cars under 10 years old and less than 100,000 miles
  • The 2-4-1 offer is not available on the new 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty – only one year at a time - the cost for my IS 300h is £474 for one year (the old one was £795 for two years), it can be paid either up front or in 10 interest free monthly instalments
  • The car must still be serviced to schedule by a franchised Lexus dealer (as per the old extended warranty)
  • It still includes the Lexus Roadside Assistance same as the old one did (note that Relax extended warranty does not include Lexus Roadside Assistance)
  • The company that provides the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty and ultimately pays all valid claims made under it is Toyota (GB) PLC (Lexus Division), and the administrator of the warranty is TWG Services Limited – this is all the same as the old one
  • It doesn’t include the MoT testing fee (though I understand some of the old extended warranty didn’t either, although mine did include two MoT test fees)
  • In Excluded Parts for the new 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty it specifically lists “Multi media components or in car entertainment systems, including but not limited to satellite navigation, CD/DVD systems, audio visual equipment and Bluetooth connectivity. Components will be covered under the Warranty if the failure results in the non-operation of an essential vehicle system, eg, air conditioning controls, heated screen operation and the parking assistance system.” - this is an additional exclusion in the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty and as per previous forum discussion it mirrors the exclusion in the Relax extended warranty - I wonder whether it may be due to owners trying to do map updates themselves (that are the “dealer only” updates according to Lexus) or other modifications and bricking the system? – otherwise seems a strange exclusion and has been specifically added for both Relax and this new Extended Warranty

Comparing the T&Cs of the old Extended Warranty and the new 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty clause by clause, then other than a few minor changes in wording (usually to clarify things) this is everything I could deduce.

On that basis I have gone ahead and taken out the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty on my IS 300h for the coming year. Although slightly more expensive that the old extended warranty I still think it’s value for money considering the age/mileage of my car and the fact it includes the Lexus Roadside Assistance which would be £125 if purchased separately (and my wife’s car also benefits from the free partner included with this). I have made successful claims on the Extended Warranty previously and so know that Lexus parts / labour can be expensive.

I hope this helps others in similar position to myself - first point of contact to discuss further is probably your local franchised dealer. As always, I appreciate whether or not to take an Extended Warranty is a choice based on personal circumstances – it suits me but YMMV.

• Like 3

On 10/26/2021 at 8:53 AM, stormchaser said:

I think i should of waited a bit longer.

I guess it depends on if you needed to sell at the time but no one could've predicted these rises!

I'm still glad ours went when it did as I got more than I was expecting. Plus we 'only' lost £3k on 5 years of ownership.

Someone was also snooping underneath one of our other cars last night so if the Lexus was still on the drive I'm convinced the CAT would've gone again!

• 3 weeks later...

Similar year 2014, mileage, and condition cars like ours on Autotrader, are now asking around £2k more than we paid for our Lexus approved, over 41/2 years ago. 😃

I usually lose a wedge on most cars, perhaps they will become as collectable as Rolex watches over time 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 11:06 PM, diabolik said:

My CT went up 1k in value (webuyanycar) since 10 October. (2014, 30k miles)

Market going crazy, not enough new cars, more demand on used ones.

My latest offer 2014 with 42k full history now up to £12,000 😊

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 4:29 PM, Poundy said:

My latest offer 2014 with 42k full history now up to £12,000 😊

!4th December now gone up to £12,240. There is good demand apparently, so would probably private sale on auto trader much higher.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links