Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello everyone :)

Prospero88

Hi, I joined several days ago, but just now had some time to interact with you guys.
Hopefully you'll appreciate my honesty, as I don't own a Lexus (yet!), planned to get 1st gen IS300, thought about swapping it to manual. I still really like the shape (and obviously the 2JZ-GE), but I'm thinking about something bit newer. GS 250 (from 2013 onwards) is nice, I prefer not having CVT. But it feels like the car won't fit my expectations, I want something more nimble and I feel too young for GS too. 😉 So the idea of V8 5.0 Lexus was born in my head, yes, the IS-F. 🙂 Not sure when exactly, but I will buy it, I'm determined. I'm a type of guy that would rather have smaller house and have a nice car than big, fancy house and no/crappy car. 🙂
If I may, do you think it is worth to pay so much more for facelift one (like 7-10k difference right now)? The big thing is LSD, I've heard is much better with mechanical one, but does it justify the price difference?
Also, would you consider importing RHD from Japan for example?
I'm doing a lot of research and any additional advice would be golden!

• Like 1

Hello Daniel, welcome to LOC!

I like how your priorities changed from an "old" car to ISF! 🙂

Does it have to be a saloon, as you could also look at RCF, I have no idea how many of them left in UK market though and what is easier to find to buy.

But good luck with your search and please keep us updated!

• Thanks 1

Hi Daniel and welcome to the LOC.

I can’t give much advice on the ISF having driven one only once at a Lexus Open Road Day (When I used to get an invite!)

But imports from Japan I can.....I have a 1994 Toyota Celsior (LS400) and a 2004 model year Celsior (LS430).

Both are brilliant cars, reliable and rust free but prices have recently gone through the roof with both purchase price and the massive increase in container shipping costs. Add in the Import duty, VAT, collection from the port, conversion to MPH and the UK registration and you could end up paying more than a UK registered model and all this without even seeing the car until it rolls out at the dock side. Insurance companies will also hit you with higher premiums as it is “an import”. There would also be no warranty and possibly service history.

Keep your eyes peeled on here, they do appear occasionally in the for sale section.

• Thanks 1

Wow, guys, I was about to hit the sheets, but I just had to sit down and reply. I might not be that old, but I remember good ol' times with internet forums and thought such places had gone extinct. You proved me wrong and I'm glad haha.

Welcome @ALAW 🙂

On 11/6/2021 at 8:19 AM, Vlady said:

Hello Daniel, welcome to LOC!

I like how your priorities changed from an "old" car to ISF! 🙂

Does it have to be a saloon, as you could also look at RCF, I have no idea how many of them left in UK market though and what is easier to find to buy.

But good luck with your search and please keep us updated!

Yeah, I think it's never too late to change your decision, however I would prefer something semi-practical and although IS-F has no folding seats it does have 4 doors, so it counts on my list. 😉 Thank you @Vlady and I sure will!

On 11/6/2021 at 8:45 AM, steve2006 said:

Hi Daniel and welcome to the LOC.

I can’t give much advice on the ISF having driven one only once at a Lexus Open Road Day (When I used to get an invite!)

But imports from Japan I can.....I have a 1994 Toyota Celsior (LS400) and a 2004 model year Celsior (LS430).

Both are brilliant cars, reliable and rust free but prices have recently gone through the roof with both purchase price and the massive increase in container shipping costs. Add in the Import duty, VAT, collection from the port, conversion to MPH and the UK registration and you could end up paying more than a UK registered model and all this without even seeing the car until it rolls out at the dock side. Insurance companies will also hit you with higher premiums as it is “an import”. There would also be no warranty and possibly service history.

Keep your eyes peeled on here, they do appear occasionally in the for sale section.

Amazing info, very helpful, cheers @steve2006. I was a bit worried about all the import hassle and expenses involved. After all, there are few IS-Fs appearing here and there, so it's not like there is no way to get them in the UK. I might not be buying just yet, but lurking around for them pretty much everyday already. 😉

And lastly, cheers for the heads up @DAN@ADRIAN FLUX and @Chris.S

Again - cheers everyone for this welcoming, feels like getting a Lexus has another strong advantage - fantastic community behind it. 🙂
  • Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links