Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello! Long time lurker, now signed up to forum now that I have managed to buy my LS430 and very much in love with it

Had a couple of Qs if that's ok, please redirect me if not right

Steering column adjuster does not work to go up and down but does go in and out, is there any way to manually adjust up and down directions?

Under the steering wheel, just near the fuse box, there is a dial that turns and at end has a click, I could not see any sign of what it is for, can anyone help?

A button with a radar sort of symbol on the sun glasses holder, I can press but no indication on dash or screen as to what it does?

And finally, what simple subtle modifications has anyone made to their cars that they would recommed?

Cheers

Hi Khan

The steering tilit motor is easier to replace then the telescopic one so might be worth looking int that - Before you do that check if it is the actual mootor which is not working - sometimes its a plastic cog on the worm gear of the motor which wears out - this part is cheap and easy to replace.

The button is to turn off the interior sensor if you want to remain seated in the car whilst the alarm is armed.

Mine has LED numberplate illumination bulbs which look better and brighter.

Other Lexus memebr have also upgraded the interior bulbs aswell,

Unfortunately the motors are a common fail point and even worse cannot, like the earlier models, be repaired.

You sometimes see secondhand ones on fleabay but no guarantees they will continue to work.

New you’re looking around £300.00!

Some members have manually adjusted the tilt position to a fixed comfortable position by turning the motor drive shaft with a suitable tool.

The knob/dial that is in the drivers footwell, next to the Tyre Pressure sensor reset and SmartKey enable/disable button, adjusts the volume of the beeper that beeps when you lock/unlock the car.
If you don't have a user manual PM me and I can send you link to download one.
I have the 2005 Owners manual and the 2006 Navigation/Audio manual.

Volume knob.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links