Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

In the last 12 months I have had two sets of windscreen wiper blades on the car. The first were Bosch conventional and the others were the aero style. Both sets were noisy and tended to judder across the windscreen, even after using glass cleaner on the screen.

I have just fitted a set of genuine Toyota wipers and the difference is remarkable. They glide across the screen in complete silence.

They cost £39.01 including p & p from Lexus Parts Direct. As far as I am concerned it is money well spent.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tomtit said:

In the last 12 months I have had two sets of windscreen wiper blades on the car. The first were Bosch conventional and the others were the aero style. Both sets were noisy and tended to judder across the windscreen, even after using glass cleaner on the screen.

I have just fitted a set of genuine Toyota wipers and the difference is remarkable. They glide across the screen in complete silence.

They cost £39.01 including p & p from Lexus Parts Direct. As far as I am concerned it is money well spent.

They are also long lasting.

the issue I had buying, for my now ancient Ls400,  my previous blades from Toyota was I'm sure they were very old stock and had been affected by time in storage.... .  they lasted just a year whereas previous blades had lasted several and maybe 40k miles and were well worthwhile the high OEM prices I paid 

I now just replace annually with ordinary cost and type blades and only expect a 12 month usage and not being disappointed 

It's not good that yours, Richard,  aren't running smoothly tho'   I'd be fed up with that for sure

Malc

10 hours ago, GEN said:

They are also long lasting

I don't know if the Denso wipers are the same as the Toyota ones but I bought a set of Densos in Jan 2020 as mentioned in this thread.

They worked OK, but didn't like being sat for the various lockdowns and ended up having to be replaced about 3 months ago due to streakiness.
I'm not complaining as I only paid £16.50 for the set :thumbup:

I replaced them with the Bosch Aerotwins as I have had good luck with them in the past on both my LS430 and the S-Class and Honda Legend that preceded it.
You do have to cut away part of the mounting clip on the drivers blade to get it to fit, but once fitted you can't really tell it's been done.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links