Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Lexus RC-F

@ben_harmer32 Hope you don't mind me posting this, saw it at Japfest today. This is legitimately one of the best looking RCFs, well done.

Shame I didn't get to meet you, but I guess you weren't near the car at the time.

image.thumb.jpeg.cd93068fed89d348935eddfdb9dada18.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

@ben_harmer32 Hope you don't mind me posting this, saw it at Japfest today. This is legitimately one of the best looking RCFs, well done.

Shame I didn't get to meet you, but I guess you weren't near the car at the time.

image.thumb.jpeg.cd93068fed89d348935eddfdb9dada18.jpeg

Don't mind at all! Thank you for the kind words 🙂

That looks right towards the end of the day, I was probably just walking back at that point.  Must of just missed you. 

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Awesome. Did you go brand new?

The Invidia is cheaper, but they are almost impossible to get (cost effectively) in the UK.

Yes, bought from here:

https://www.rtecshop.co.uk/lexus-rc-f-rc-f-carbon-sport-exhaust-2015-on/prod_231688.html

And they have extra 5% off at moment. Cheapest by far. 

I did think about the Invidia but I believe the quicksilver is Lexus approved so doesn't impact warranty etc. 

That's a good price!

Yes QS is "Lexus approved" as such. Before I fitted it I called the warrant company who confirmed warranty unaffected just that rear section of the exhaust is no longer included and if a fault was found to be caused by the aftermarket part, subsequent repairs and parts would not be covered. But that is standard T&Cs anyway.

I haven't made the same enquiries with the Invidia as I think that last bit in the standard T&C's will always be an issue. But I am aware of a fellow member having Lexus fit the Invidia for him so..... 

Maybe it's just me, but £2k seems excessively pricey for a stainless steel axle back. 😮 But I realise we don't exactly have many options...

That claimed 15KG weight saving can't be right. Even a full titanium exhaust (catback) only saves about 20KG.

35 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Maybe it's just me, but £2k seems excessively pricey for a stainless steel axle back. 😮 But I realise we don't exactly have many options...

That claimed 15KG weight saving can't be right. Even a full titanium exhaust (catback) only saves about 20KG.

I agree it is pricey new, although I only paid £500 for mine in pristine condition.

I can believe the weight difference when I changed mine over the standard exhaust it really did weigh a ton compared to the Quicksilver, so much so fitting under the four poster ramp was a doodle and I couldn't believe the weight difference not that it makes any difference to the old heffalump the RCF is.

I believe there are donut gaskets in the OEM coupling.

When I had a garage fit mine, I didn't give them gaskets and neither did they mention them so likely can be reused.

Get yourself some wax onto the carbon tips, will help keep them clean from baked on fumes.

The stainless is easy to clean.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ben_harmer32 said:

Arrived today. Not overly impressed with the quality considering the price. Do feel light though. Will slap them on and see. 

Quick question, do they need gaskets? 

I left the large mesh type gasket in the main pipe.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Is that not a donut then no? If not, my bad - it is for the Invidia sorry.

I think it must be what you refer to as a donut, it was well in place on the main remaining exhaust when I removed the back box. When I checked the Quicksilver the flange looked recessed so as to accommodate it so I guess it was obvious to keep it in place. Remember I bought my Quicksilver secondhand so there were no gaskets or bolts with it.  I did stick some exhaust goo around the mesh so as to get a decent seal. If in remember correctly I did have a spare set of longer bolts for the fitting.

It was a few years ago now so the combination of time and age has fogged the memory a bit.

Wow, that's a huge difference! I bet any worries about price or build quality were washed away as soon as you heard that sound. 😄

How's the drone when driving normally? Any other weirdness, power delivery etc all normal?

5 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Lovely.

Definitely sounds "nastier" than the Invidia (in a good way), bet you have been out turning heads all afternoon!? 😄

Literally ran down in my lunch break to pick it up, quick blast down the duel carriage way. Did the video quick before returning to work 😄 

2 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Wow, that's a huge difference! I bet any worries about price or build quality were washed away as soon as you heard that sound. 😄

How's the drone when driving normally? Any other weirdness, power delivery etc all normal?

haha! I feel a lot happier about it now. Normal speeds can hardly hear it. No drone at all. All feels good. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links