Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2022 ES anyone?

beyond the blue

8 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

It looks like I will go with a service plan, and as this will probably be my last car I'm thinking of going with a 6 year one as I believe there is a very big service recommended in year 5/6. I might try other Lexus dealers for service quotes to see if they come up with different prices.

My 3yr one is £34 a month. I plan to keep mine until the 2yrs. Then decide I love it and keep, love it and upgrade or give it back and look elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Tonyw said:

My 3yr one is £34 a month. I plan to keep mine until the 2yrs. Then decide I love it and keep, love it and upgrade or give it back and look elsewhere. 

My quotes are per month

3 Years   £32.65

4 Years   £34.54

6 Years   £35.73

After reading all the small print and the Lexus service schedule my decision is.... I haven't a clue whether to take it out or not!

1 hour ago, beyond the blue said:

My quotes are per month

3 Years   £32.65

4 Years   £34.54

6 Years   £35.73

After reading all the small print and the Lexus service schedule my decision is.... I haven't a clue whether to take it out or not!

Surely you can’t loose, fixed price for 6 years with no inflation added. No big bills every December around Xmas time.

17B2D181-5A39-416B-9F3F-E35BCB2EC7A3.png

I want a quote for a service plan to cover 3 years on a 30 month lease.   My car has arrived at the dealer but if it wasn't for Lexus UK Ltd telling me in their own e mail I wouldn't know as the dealer hasn't even bothered to contact me !!  Unbelievable.    What chance they will organise a service plan quote.   

13 minutes ago, SH20 said:

I want a quote for a service plan to cover 3 years on a 30 month lease.   My car has arrived at the dealer but if it wasn't for Lexus UK Ltd telling me in their own e mail I wouldn't know as the dealer hasn't even bothered to contact me !!  Unbelievable.    What chance they will organise a service plan quote.   

Just do it through the website and see what you get back

https://lexusuk.service123.co.uk/ServicePlan/Quote

31 minutes ago, SH20 said:

Just a bit of an heads up on the service plans. Along with lots of other things they don't tell you is that your plan maybe dealer specific. I questioned this and they confirmed that the plan they offered me was 'dealer specific' so they have now forwarded a 'National service plan' quotation. Please read the small print as there are quite a few things not explained properly.

Got  a service plan set up over the phone in 10 mins from the nearest dealership to me, 20 miles away. Would have ordered from them but they were £3,200 less on trade in than the dealer I did order from, 55 miles away.   £31 a month for 36 months  even though my lease is only 30 months long. This  ES might be  a keeper   or not.   Chose not to have an MOT aspect to the service plan in case I do trade it in after 30 months.   

New to this forum - I placed my ES 2022 F-Sport pre-order in August, the dealership ordered in September and my delivery dates so far have been;

• October 2021
  • November 2021
  • March 2022

So who knows! They tell me Lexus is prioritising premier models and looking at the ones delivered, that may be the case - but, I've also been super disappointed with communication from the dealership.

7 hours ago, a_seems said:

New to this forum - I placed my ES 2022 F-Sport pre-order in August, the dealership ordered in September and my delivery dates so far have been;

• October 2021
  • November 2021
  • March 2022

So who knows! They tell me Lexus is prioritising premier models and looking at the ones delivered, that may be the case - but, I've also been super disappointed with communication from the dealership.

When I collected mine 2 days ago the dealer quoted cars ordered at the moment are scheduled for July/August. I waited just under 4 months, so things certainly aren't improving, 6/7 months is a long time to wait for a car.  

Finally only 7 days away.   Ordered 26.10.21, collection 7.1.22

I'm beginning to think my order might have been someone else's cancelled order given the number of comments about  members delivery dates being pushed back more than once. 

I worked out that this new Premium Edition has 8 features less than my first ES that had a Premium Pack fitted to it.  But as my choice was driven by keeping the order below £40K it can't be helped.  (Real leather, wood/leather steering wheel, wood veneer trim, driver seat extension, ventilated seats, seat memory, rear blinds and triple LED headlights).   

The dealer has agreed not to machine polish my car on pain of death.  The PCP is £208.30p a month for 29 months and a final purchase balloon payment if I want to buy it of £19,400.   I have set up a service plan for £31 a month.    Given that we all want our cars serviced regularly, this Lexus Relax scheme that Lexus have introduced is a no brainer giving up to 7 extra years of warranty by virtue of having regular servicing without the need to buy extended warranties.  Will they ever have need to promote even 2 for 1  extended warranties again.        

New ES 2022.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SH20 said:

Finally only 7 days away.   Ordered 26.10.21, collection 7.1.22

I'm beginning to think my order might have been someone else's cancelled order given the number of comments about  members delivery dates being pushed back more than once. 

I worked out that this new Premium Edition has 8 features less than my first ES that had a Premium Pack fitted to it.  But as my choice was driven by keeping the order below £40K it can't be helped.  (Real leather, wood/leather steering wheel, wood veneer trim, driver seat extension, ventilated seats, seat memory, rear blinds and triple LED headlights).   

The dealer has agreed not to machine polish my car on pain of death.  The PCP is £208.30p a month for 29 months and a final purchase balloon payment if I want to buy it of £19,400.   I have set up a service plan for £31 a month.    Given that we all want our cars serviced regularly, this Lexus Relax scheme that Lexus have introduced is a no brainer giving up to 7 extra years of warranty by virtue of having regular servicing without the need to buy extended warranties.  Will they ever have need to promote even 2 for 1  extended warranties again.        

New ES 2022.jpg

At least you seem to know what you have and haven't got. I've been reading the manual for a couple of days now and the phrase 'if fitted' is used that often I haven't got a clue what I've got.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:18 AM, Tonyw said:

Surely you can’t loose, fixed price for 6 years with no inflation added. No big bills every December around Xmas time.

17B2D181-5A39-416B-9F3F-E35BCB2EC7A3.png

You are quite right Tony.

I`ve got a 10 year deal and it has been painless. A No-Brainer really.

First impressions after first few days with the new ES Premium edition

Positive.....

Lovely smooth drive

Responsive steering

Great climate control

Comfy seating

Good road soundproofing

Negatives.....

Poor turning circle

Door frame rain drips when opening doors

Noisy brake servos

Limited seat height adjustment

• Like 1

Looks great Neil and the place you had the ceramic coating done looks positively surgical, very clean.    Although I did a coating on my first ES on black paint which looked like a mirror initially,  over 2 years on when I traded it in for my second ES I could see some fine swirls etc despite meticulous cleaning. 

Likely to consider some G Tech CSL for my bumpers rather than the whole car this time.  I find it easier to look after paint by machine polishing and waxing.  

The lighter the colour the better and the likes of silver and white will give a swirl free impression for a long time but dark colours which are more reflective can still suffer no matter how careful the cleaning is. 

Pick my ES up tomorrow and from e mail exchanges with the dealer they have agreed so far to follow my requests for no machine polishing, no wet vac procedures on carpets, leave the protection film on the treadplates. In other words do as little as possible to wreck the finish or mark the interior.   We'll see tomorrow.    

1 hour ago, SH20 said:

Looks great Neil and the place you had the ceramic coating done looks positively surgical, very clean.    Although I did a coating on my first ES on black paint which looked like a mirror initially,  over 2 years on when I traded it in for my second ES I could see some fine swirls etc despite meticulous cleaning. 

Likely to consider some G Tech CSL for my bumpers rather than the whole car this time.  I find it easier to look after paint by machine polishing and waxing.  

The lighter the colour the better and the likes of silver and white will give a swirl free impression for a long time but dark colours which are more reflective can still suffer no matter how careful the cleaning is. 

Pick my ES up tomorrow and from e mail exchanges with the dealer they have agreed so far to follow my requests for no machine polishing, no wet vac procedures on carpets, leave the protection film on the treadplates. In other words do as little as possible to wreck the finish or mark the interior.   We'll see tomorrow.    

Hope everything goes well with the pick up. My dealer agreed to do nothing to mine even leaving all the delivery details on the windscreen. Stick some pictures up when you get chance.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kam said:

Ordered ES300h Premium Edition in Sonic Platinum yesterday, 14/01/2020 estimated due date I've been given is June 2022.

What colour interior did you order? We went for Black. I was worried that Sonic Platinum might turn out to be a little Aluminium looking being as though we only had the small sample Swatch to go off. However we are pleased with it as it turned out to be more of a silver grey that changes slightly in different light. 

Went for the Black interior, was going to order with the tan interior. They had a Sonic Platinum on display in the Showroom with the Black. That made my decision for me.

IMG_7919.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

What colour interior did you order? We went for Black. I was worried that Sonic Platinum might turn out to be a little Aluminium looking being as though we only had the small sample Swatch to go off. However we are pleased with it as it turned out to be more of a silver grey that changes slightly in different light. 

•  

Went for the Black interior, was going to order with the tan interior. They had a Sonic Platinum on display in the Showroom with the Black. That made my decision for me.

IMG_7919.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Picked ours up last night (ex-demo / registered in Nov). Gave it a decent run down to the coast over the back roads yesterday and grabbed a couple of pictures at lunch there. Absolutely love it and genuinely makes me smile driving it.  The only niggle is the overly cautious cruise cutting in on fast corners to dip the speed a little. 

PXL_20220408_113832046.jpg

PXL_20220408_113945227.jpg

• Like 4

It’s a shame saloons seem to be going out of fashion, the ES is fantastic but I do wonder how well it sells over here, I watched a YouTube report on the demise of sales of Jaguar saloons, XF & XE, I hope there is still enough demand beyond the German marques to keep a decent choice of premium saloons

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links