Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential Sale

Due to change in circumstances I am,with regret , probably going to sell my RC F in the New Year. Its a 17 plate with 43k miles, blus with grey interior, full history obviously and still under warranty until March 22. 

Whats everyones thoughts on price ? Loads of 15 plate in non franchise at up to £35k (overpriced ) don't think I've seen a 16 plate but a couple of 17 plate at up  to £40k.

All input appreciated.

What money do you WANT for it and how much money do you NEED for it? Advertise it somewhere in between those numbers and be willing to take your NEED value if offered, depends how quick you require the money. F cars have been hit and miss with quickness of sale, so sometimes approaching a dealer might be your best option over a private sale but they will undercut you, to of course mark it back up to make their cut.

With the market the way it is, somewhere in 30's is probs your price, depends on your car options and an overpriced market isn't your fault, but if you competed with the 15 plate cars, surely you'd win?

19 hours ago, Locheelad said:

Due to change in circumstances I am,with regret , probably going to sell my RC F in the New Year. Its a 17 plate with 43k miles, blus with grey interior, full history obviously and still under warranty until March 22. 

Whats everyones thoughts on price ? Loads of 15 plate in non franchise at up to £35k (overpriced ) don't think I've seen a 16 plate but a couple of 17 plate at up  to £40k.

All input appreciated.

List it at 36k or something. 

Lexus Swindon will probably offer you 31k. 😂🤷

Get a few quotes from the usual online sites. Cazoo, WBAC, Motorway and Wizzle are worth a punt to get a few figures in your head as a complete baseline. Cazoo were paying way over the odds up until 2 weeks back, now they've dropped away.  

Trade in prices have dropped off generally as Xmas is traditionally quiet but no one has a clue (even dealers) as to what will happen in the new year. The suggestion is things will be clearer when you plan to sell, probably a few weeks into the new year. Some dealers are full of overpriced stock, some are half empty but things are certainly cooling. That said, your car is niche ! 

I reckon mid 30's would attract a few offers, you might even move it on now. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links