Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

what3words

The infotainment/navigation systems built into Lexus has long been their Achilles Heel and, like Peter, I doubt they ever will.

However, given that your car is a 2020 model, can you not have the Android Auto/Apple CarPlay mod done to it? I've seen people say that the dealerships charge £80 for doing it and not only will it allow you to use W3W but it'll be a gazillion percent better than the factory system anyway.

I've got a 2018 RX and no chance that Lexus will ever sort out AA/ACP for these cars, so I've just splashed out £500 on a Grom Vline 2 unit to provide that capability. After a few teething problems I'm almost finished getting it set up and I'll be doing a video of how it works and performs, hopefully in the next couple of days, so if you're interested, keep your eyes open for that.

This is what it looks like at the moment but I still have some setting up to do:
agama.thumb.jpg.ad28d84397c31af291f93027724ac734.jpg

• Like 5

You can't use W3W directly through ACP, I assume that AA is the same.
But you can use it on your phone, to assist in Waze / Google Maps / apple Maps, then have one of those apps up on screen.

I suppose what / how you sue W3W, but with a full address with postcode, I find it a little redundant.  

1 hour ago, Al D-Much said:

You can't use W3W directly through ACP, I assume that AA is the same.
But you can use it on your phone, to assist in Waze / Google Maps / Apple Maps, then have one of those apps up on screen.

The last time I used W3W was on my phone, before I entered the world of AA in the car but yes, if I remember correctly I had a 3-word reference so I opened W3W, typed in the ref and then shared it to Waze to do the actual navigation.

I suppose what / how you sue W3W, but with a full address with postcode, I find it a little redundant. 

In a town or city where one postcode covers a small area, I agree. In fact, we live in a cul-de-sac with just 18 houses and our postcode only covers just these 18 houses. However, out in the sticks where one postcode can cover a couple of miles with not a street name in sight, then it really comes into its own.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links