Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delays

beyond the blue

1 hour ago, Shotleyboy said:

Ordered mine in mid-January after my VW was further delayed. Promised initially in May then changed to October at Lexus Swindon. Enquired once more today to find that it has not yet entered the build process which is estimated at three months without shipping. It doesn’t look good!

In the end I ended up cancelling mine. After 6 months in early February and no sight of going into build, had to cut my losses(well, no losses, but ended the wait). I ordered a Mazda 3 summer last year that had the same problem, just delays. It seems this isn't the time for buying a new car.

53 minutes ago, kevtoon2905 said:

In the end I ended up cancelling mine. After 6 months in early February and no sight of going into build, had to cut my losses(well, no losses, but ended the wait). I ordered a Mazda 3 summer last year that had the same problem, just delays. It seems this isn't the time for buying a new car.

I was lucky Kevin my 250 h had just become available as I went to the dealer as a cancelled order with no wait time at all. i had to take the colour and sunroof / cream leather, as that's what the previous lady had ordered. I also had to pay the full price, I should add 

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered on the 12th Feb still not moving beyond the first stage in the app. The dealer has been emailing on a regular basis and that last 4 updates have all indicated an eta of October. Now given we are nearly in Sept and no build in site, I called them today. They stated that they had now been advised not to communicate any ETA in an effort to manage customer expectation. And no I am not making this up! So the dealer could not provide me any update at all! How long is a piece of string! I can only deduce that there are problems with the ES line possibly linked to the my 23 update?? 

• Sad 1

On 8/24/2022 at 6:14 PM, george72 said:

Ordered on the 12th Feb still not moving beyond the first stage in the app. The dealer has been emailing on a regular basis and that last 4 updates have all indicated an eta of October. Now given we are nearly in Sept and no build in site, I called them today. They stated that they had now been advised not to communicate any ETA in an effort to manage customer expectation. And no I am not making this up! So the dealer could not provide me any update at all! How long is a piece of string! I can only deduce that there are problems with the ES line possibly linked to the my 23 update?? 

Despite ordering mine end of January, I was repeatably told I would get the latest 2023 model at an extra cost after querying it many times with them. I then emailed them again yesterday that I was concerned that I would get the old 2022 model as they starting building it mid July when the the 2023 model was not due to start production until August. They have now confirmed today my suspicions that they have made a mistake the 2022 model was on the way to me.

So I have emailed them back to cancel the order and refund my deposit. 

PS

Just had an email from Lexus to say that it has arrived in the UK and is in transit from Portbury, a bit late now as I have cancelled, through my suppliers incorrect info all along, 7 months just wasted.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, wecpc said:

Despite ordering mine end of January, I was repeatably told I would get the latest 2023 model at an extra cost after querying it many times with them. I then emailed them again yesterday that I was concerned that I would get the old 2022 model as they starting building it mid July when the the 2023 model was not due to start production until August. They have now confirmed today my suspicions that they have made a mistake the 2022 model was on the way to me.

PS

Just had an email from Lexus to say that it has arrived in the UK and is in transit from Portbury, a bit late now as I have cancelled, through my suppliers incorrect info all along, 7 months just wasted.

Still awaiting their reply of my cancellation and refund due to the lies they told me.

1 hour ago, wecpc said:

Still awaiting their reply of my cancellation and refund due to the lies they told me.

Can understand why you have cancelled. At least mine was confirmed as MY22 when I pushed for info a couple of months ago so have reconciled myself to narrowly missing out on the updates. 

5 minutes ago, VengaBus said:

Can understand why you have cancelled. At least mine was confirmed as MY22 when I pushed for info a couple of months ago so have reconciled myself to narrowly missing out on the updates. 

They have repeatably told me for at 2-3 months that I was getting the MY23 after pushing them for an answer and only found out this morning of their mistake. 

8 hours ago, wecpc said:

PS

Sorry to hear that - must be really frustrating. I’m in an opposite position to yourself. The f sport tech & safety pack is being deleted for MY23 so had mine slipped into a MY23 production - even though I would have got the updated multimedia, I would have lost out on the 3 eye LED headlights and potentially the memory seats as I would have had to settle for the F sport.

In my case, I was told in July that mine would be going into production in July and was definitely a MY22 model.

On 8/24/2022 at 6:14 PM, george72 said:

Just spoke to lexus UK customer care and they have stated that the car is will go into build between now and 8 weeks. With an estimated time of arrival 6 weeks after. Not very specific but at least they didn't say 2023! I can't do anything but sit and wait I suppose? 

• Sad 1

On 8/30/2022 at 7:16 PM, wecpc said:

Another 2 days have past and still no reply. If I do not hear soon I will be on their doorstep demanding my refund.

47 minutes ago, wecpc said:

Another 2 days have past and still no reply. If I do not hear soon I will be on their doorstep demanding my refund.

Chris Hayes, is the chief in the UK of Lexus. Stephen Hinshelwood
Executive Office and Paul Dillon, chief of Lexus UK for the Marshall group. i'm seeing Paul hopefully later in the month, so will pass on any thoughts of the members.  

• Like 1

Just now, fourbanks said:

Executive Office and Paul Dillon, chief of Lexus UK for the Marshall group. i'm seeing Paul hopefully later in the month, so will pass on any thoughts of the members.  

i'm a takumi type of customer, very rare i'm told and with no garage staff in the UK to match me i'm classed as an oddball but for those who like a good look at a vehicle in the showroom ideal to have around to highlight the shortcomings. That's one of the reasons no takumi cars are ever in the showroom, as they do have shortcomings that are missed by the UK staff. takumi is not sold in the USA and it shoulden't really be sold here either as without the staff that believe in and explain it's finer details like myself it's a waste of time 

2 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Thanks for the info maybe it might shake up Lexus Maidstone a bit, as it is very hard to get the correct and current info from them and some of their replies make you feel that you are a nuisance to them and they tell you anything to shut you up. Although in this case it appears it may have been to do with Lexus, as I was told my order had been brought forward to match presumably a cancelled order, hence is why it dropped into the 2022MY instead of the 2023MY, I was repeatably told I was getting, but Lexus Maidstone should have been on top of this if they were doing their job correctly, without being pushed all the time by customers.

Colin

26 minutes ago, wecpc said:

Thanks for the info maybe it might shake up Lexus Maidstone a bit, as it is very hard to get the correct and current info from them and some of their replies make you feel that you are a nuisance to them and they tell you anything to shut you up. Although in this case it appears it may have been to do with Lexus, as I was told my order had been brought forward to match presumably a cancelled order, hence is why it dropped into the 2022MY instead of the 2023MY, I was repeatably told I was getting, but Lexus Maidstone should have been on top of this if they were doing their job correctly, without being pushed all the time by customers.

Colin

As i say Colin, the staff in the Lexus garages are the same as any other garage, some good, some bad and in reality very difficult to say at what type of level and ability they actually have. Maidstone to me are just so so nothing special 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

As i say Colin, the staff in the Lexus garages are the same as any other garage, some good, some bad and in reality very difficult to say at what type of level and ability they actually have. Maidstone to me are just so so nothing special 

In most jobs in the UK you'd never get a job with such skills anyhow as you'd be the odd man out, and would end up having to work alone 

As I have said before experience with the local Lexus dealer has been underwhelming. Levels of communication that make mainstream manufacturers look better. If they were to be judged on presentation e.g. shiny glass showroom and 'sharp' suited salesmen then it would be 10/10. If judging on communication and customer service e.g. returning messages and providing monthly updates then 3/10 would be generous. Can only conclude in other countries Lexus may be run better than in the UK and hold their dealers to higher standards.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

As I have said before experience with the local Lexus dealer has been underwhelming. Levels of communication that make mainstream manufacturers look better. If they were to be judged on presentation e.g. shiny glass showroom and 'sharp' suited salesmen then it would be 10/10. If judging on communication and customer service e.g. returning messages and providing monthly updates then 3/10 would be generous. Can only conclude in other countries Lexus may be run better than in the UK and hold their dealers to higher standards.  

Which is the local Dealership Carl ?

I had occasion to deal with Lexus Cardiff this week. They are 150 miles from and we had never met. Their communication skills were outstanding in my experience.

3 hours ago, Cs150 said:

I have a feeling that the current delays just don’t work well with the Lexus customer service model. The open order book must be much larger than it normally would be due to wait times. Their personal service just doesn’t scale - more customers to deal with simultaneously who are on average less happy than normal.

As others have commented, their automated tracking facilities are pretty rudimentary and hit and miss compared to some other brands. When queues are short they are just there to complement a more personal service and provide an entry point into the Lexus Link ecosystem. They aren’t really helping to keep the customer informed in a very meaningful way in current times.

What I don’t really get is the lack of response to changing circumstances. My salesman commented that he had to phone over 70 customers with updates. Surely they’d be better to automate a regular update. Granted, it’s less personal but at least it would be more consistently delivered and free them up to deal with individual queries. 

However, I’m not buying their customer service, I’m buying their car and I know I’m going to be happy with that when it does arrive, which is ultimately what I’m more interested in. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 2:51 PM, wecpc said:

PS

I understand your frustration about the wait for your 22 model and l can accept your disappointment that you are not getting a 23 model especially as you were prepared to pay the extra for it, but what l don't understand is why you have cancelled? You ordered a 22 model but because you are not getting a 23 model you have cancelled. If you wanted a 23 model why didn't just wait and order one? I will gladly be corrected if l have got this wrong.

10 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

I understand your frustration about the wait for your 22 model and l can accept your disappointment that you are not getting a 23 model especially as you were prepared to pay the extra for it, but what l don't understand is why you have cancelled? You ordered a 22 model but because you are not getting a 23 model you have cancelled. If you wanted a 23 model why didn't just wait and order one? I will gladly be corrected if l have got this wrong.

I have just made the decision to reverse the cancellation as all other options for different suppliers/manufacture's meant longer waits and possible changes to spec/price and as others have said I was happy at the time for the 2022MY spec, just that the 2023MY was tempting especially as I was told I was going to get it. But coming down to reality the 2022MY spec is OK and there is always android auto to bypass their system.

Luckily my sales executive phoned me this morning to arrange my deposit return before I had chance to email him of my change of mind, so it is all back to normal again with the car due in the next few weeks. It is currently in the UK going through its PDI checks before come down to my local showroom. The end of the saga, thank goodness.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, wecpc said:

I have just made the decision to reverse the cancellation as all other options for different suppliers/manufacture's meant longer waits and possible changes to spec/price and as others have said I was happy at the time for the 2022MY spec, just that the 2023MY was tempting especially as I was told I was going to get it. But coming down to reality the 2022MY spec is OK and there is always android auto to bypass their system.

Luckily my sales executive phoned me this morning to arrange my deposit return before I had chance to email him of my change of mind, so it is all back to normal again with the car due in the next few weeks. It is currently in the UK going through its PDI checks before come down to my local showroom. The end of the saga, thank goodness.

All in all, a wise move I think, in current circumstances. Mine, is due next month but the build hasn’t started yet, suggesting a further delay. At this stage my concern is a likely price increase which will take mine over 40k and the increased car tax rate! The upside is that second hand value will likely increase in line with the rise. If you look there are virtually no new cars available from dealers and those that are available, are hardly discounted. I have an aversion to £500 annual car tax, and may well sell the Lexus after lining up something else. 

22 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Which is the local Dealership Carl ?

Cambridge dealership. If they said the vehicle will not show up until the end of 2023 whilst it would be unwelcome that would be better than silence. It at least would give a plan as to how long the current vehicle needs to be kept which is shortly due a major maintence expense. It looks a certainty that the £500 road tax charge will be attracted by the time the vehicle is physically here. Getting close to one year since ordering and 'no delivery' date can be shared.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/3/2022 at 5:27 PM, george72 said:

I am exactly the same situation due in October but has not got into build.... Getting quite impatient now 

Ditto

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links