Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delays

beyond the blue

I believe it does. But to a large degree this is academic as the salesman advised me that prices had gone up by 3% a few weeks ago taking the list price over the 40k mark. Having said that, I have seen nothing officially regarding this raise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cs150 said:

The Sonic colour looks great, is it correct that this takes the list price over the margin for the higher road tax presuming it is the Premium Edition version? 

The Premium Edition with the higher priced metallics comes in at £5 under the £40k tax bracket. Don't look at the retail price on the price list, look at the P11D value. The next price increase will definitely take the Premium Edition into the higher bracket - when I was placing my order, the price difference between Premium Edition and Premium Pack was about £4,500; it's now about £8,000, so the PE price has clearly been held down to keep it below £40k.

• Like 2

I was told the car was due with the dealer on the 31st October, then the 4th November, followed by the 16th November and now the latest ETA is the 22nd Nov?  I can track a pair of socks better from amazon then a 40K car within the UK- So frustrating 

• Like 1

It does seem strange that it takes Lexus almost as much time to get a car from the docks to the dealer as it does to ship it from Japan to the UK. Mine allegedly arrived in the UK on October 28, but has still not reached the dealer.

5 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

Well good news finally! My car has finally arrived...currently wit the dealer. I can confirm that is is the 2023 model! 

Just curious as to whether you guys who are collecting your cars around now are getting 22 or 23 models?

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2022 at 10:10 AM, Dippo said:

The Premium Edition with the higher priced metallics comes in at £5 under the £40k tax bracket. Don't look at the retail price on the price list, look at the P11D value. The next price increase will definitely take the Premium Edition into the higher bracket - when I was placing my order, the price difference between Premium Edition and Premium Pack was about £4,500; it's now about £8,000, so the PE price has clearly been held down to keep it below £40k.

I can confirm that the Premium Edition with Sonic Titanium came in at £5 under the 40k, thereby forgoing the supplementary tax.  I ran it through the gov website to check. 

I had ordered a new ES to replace the old one as part of the Lexus, 'we want you to swap your car after 12 months' routine. Anyway, I had ordered metallic black (to keep it under the 40k) with the hazel brown interior and was given an ETA or March '23. After a change of mind, I have gone for a black interior instead and after initially being told that it would push it back to July '23, I received a notification the same day that my car has been built and it is heading to the docks - dealer is estimating the end of Jan now. Clearly the standard black/black has some spare capacity in their build slots!

• Like 1

Thanks Scoops, i ordered the exact same spec as you i.e Black and Black interior a couple of weeks after you. Was also quoted March 23, so lets hope mine gets built sooner rather than later.

On 11/3/2022 at 4:45 PM, kam said:

Finally can see light at the end of the 11 month Tunnel.😀

203BD668-24F2-4EAC-B60C-FA635498463E.jpeg

Been having a right ding dong with my salesperson to be told today that my vehicle is still at sea. Even after a confirmation from Lexus that my vehicle arrived at Portbury 3 weeks ago.

A79DED29-43EE-4BDA-9042-65596BE5EFAC.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links