Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Secret setting

Not "secret" in either of the two RC300h I have had (and nor was it, I seem to recall, in premium versions of the IS300h) but a customisable feature of the climate control system with a maximum sensitivity setting of +3 from Normal.  I regret to say that even when set to maximum I have rarely found it to work quickly and effectively enough to prevent fumes from preceding vehicles getting into the cabin, with the result that I usually find myself hitting the air intake switch manually before entering a long tunnel or sitting in traffic queues etc.

2 hours ago, Rabbers said:

Not "secret" in either of the two RC300h I have had (and nor was it, I seem to recall, in premium versions of the IS300h) but a customisable feature of the climate control system with a maximum sensitivity setting of +3 from Normal.  I regret to say that even when set to maximum I have rarely found it to work quickly and effectively enough to prevent fumes from preceding vehicles getting into the cabin, with the result that I usually find myself hitting the air intake switch manually before entering a long tunnel or sitting in traffic queues etc.

I don't think this setting is mentioned in owners manual 

1 hour ago, sergeigto said:

I don't think this setting is mentioned in owners manual 

If the current RC300h manual is anything to go by, you would find the function mentioned under Using the air conditioning system/Automatic mode for air intake control and also Customizable features/Automatic air conditioning system/Exhaust gas sensor sensitivity.   It is not described in any detail, so I guess the authors figure it to be self-explanatory once the relative settings appear on your display.

14 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

If the current RC300h manual is anything to go by, you would find the function mentioned under Using the air conditioning system/Automatic mode for air intake control and also Customizable features/Automatic air conditioning system/Exhaust gas sensor sensitivity.   It is not described in any detail, so I guess the authors figure it to be self-explanatory once the relative settings appear on your display.

Got it 

I'll have a look in the rx450h manual 

Thanks 👍

Huh, I assumed the auto button was just to allow it to recirculate air based on humidity or something. Didn't realise it has an exhaust gas sensor. Will try this in my RC. Thanks @sergeigto

52 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

It tells you the feature is there, but gives no indication of how to access it.

2 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Huh, I assumed the auto button was just to allow it to recirculate air based on humidity or something. Didn't realise it has an exhaust gas sensor. Will try this in my RC. Thanks @sergeigtoIt tells you the feature is there, but gives no indication of how to access it.

Main Menu>Setup>Vehicle>Vehicle Personalization>Exhaust Gas Sensor

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Press and hold for 5 seconds the recirc button to bring up the sensitivity settings. Always been that way - my 1998 GS300 did that. Any vehicle that has auto recirc settings has a smog sensor to control it.

I don’t know if my RC has a variant aircon system but switching between outside and recirculated air is automatic unless manually overridden by the relative buttons, with the sensitivity settings (standard and 3 x plus/minus) accessible and modifiable only via the vehicle menu.

23 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Will try this in my RC.

The press and hold method doesn't appear to work in my RC F. The button also looks different, wider with a third symbol showing the fresh air intake. It can be accessed through the menu though.

16 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

I don’t know if my RC has a variant aircon system but switching between outside and recirculated air is automatic unless manually overridden by the relative buttons, with the sensitivity settings (standard and 3 x plus/minus) accessible and modifiable only via the vehicle menu.

Same here ..

Certainly not secret, unless one doesn't read the handbook! 😁

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links