Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Petty niggles

beyond the blue

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

A relatively large gap around the filler flap and no rubber seals help there Renato … I find a generous application of Gummi Pflege …works wonders in stopping the glass freezing to them. 👍

GummiPflege is indeed a great product, but I find it now requires more frequent applications than formerly - or maybe I’m more stingy than I once was in applying it.  Or did they slightly change the formula making it a bit more runny when they changed the name to Nextzett from Einszett?

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

A relatively large gap around the filler flap and no rubber seals help there Renato 😉

I find a generous application of Gummi Pflege on the door edge seals works wonders in stopping the glass freezing to them. 👍

I shall be doing this at my earliest convenience!

Out of interest do you use the spray on stuff or the stick? Have been building a basket of car care stuff and it isn't a product I normally use as I'm reliant on public jet washes and the odd mobile valeter. 

One thing I noticed at the weekend is there is a sort of period just after dusk where the car is happy enough to put on its own lights and use auto high beam. However, it struggles a bit with halogen headlights in the distance as it just isn't quite dark enough to pick up their beams. We have quite a few long straights on the backroads near us, which is where I noticed that. Its a niggle as I can easily just tap the end of the stalk.  

20 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

New niggle. I like having the rear central armrest down but then the recess is very ugly showing the locking pass through. Thinking of making a filler type thingy. Pity there's not one available.

+1

22 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

New niggle. I like having the rear central armrest down but then the recess is very ugly showing the locking pass through. Thinking of making a filler type thingy. Pity there's not one available.

I too like to have the armrest down but I can’t say that the void has ever really bothered me.  But if you fill it then I guess you won’t  be able to raise the armrest again should you need to sit three across the back.

Of course, that could work to your advantage!

But the question remains: What goes into the space?

Well, how about a drinks cabinet with a drop down walnut-faced door?

A tea, coffee, cold drink dispenser?   A fridge?  A chilled drawer in which to keep pre-prepared sandwiches and panini?  Or fruit 🍎?  Bird Watcher’s bins, ready for instant use?  Games for the children?  A Shewee (yes, it’s not all about us!).

A powerful portable torch that connects to a recharging point. A small loudhailer for correcting the behaviour of other road users.  Recharging points for phones.  

A small automatic umbrella.  A change of shoes.  Or underwear.  

Remember, you heard it here first.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, LenT said:

I too like to have the armrest down but I can’t say that the void has ever really bothered me.  But if you fill it then I guess you won’t  be able to raise the armrest again should you need to sit three across the back.

Of course, that could work to your advantage!

But the question remains: What goes into the space?

Well, how about a drinks cabinet with a drop down walnut-faced door?

A tea, coffee, cold drink dispenser?   A fridge?  A chilled drawer in which to keep pre-prepared sandwiches and panini?  Or fruit 🍎?  Bird Watcher’s bins, ready for instant use?  Games for the children?  A Shewee (yes, it’s not all about us!).

A powerful portable torch that connects to a recharging point. A small loudhailer for correcting the behaviour of other road users.  Recharging points for phones.  

A small automatic umbrella.  A change of shoes.  Or underwear.  

Remember, you heard it here first.

I was thinking of one of these.

81vkloyJBML._SL1500_.jpg

• Haha 3

Only 1 “handle” which is off centre to the right to close the boot. Previous cars [Hondas] had handles on both sides. I always seem to have something in my right hand. TBH, if that’s the worst I can find, it shows how happy I am with the car.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DTR said:

Only 1 “handle” which is off centre to the right to close the boot. Previous cars [Hondas] had handles on both sides. I always seem to have something in my right hand. TBH, if that’s the worst I can find, it shows how happy I am with the car.

Yay! Lexus caters for us southpaws 😁

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links