Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT200H loud noise no warning lights

JDF

Hi All. Could i please pick someone's brain.

I got my car serviced earlier today from lexus including the hybrid health check. 

Around 10 mins ago, my car started sounding a loud buzzer type noise similiar to the seatbelt noise. 

The noise cancels out momentarily when i click the indicators. After I make a turn, it comes back on.

No warning signs whatsoever on the dash.

What could it be?

Could the issue be linked to the service?

The car passed the hybrid health check and has never put a foot wrong before this issue.

Any help will be appreciated 🙂

3 minutes ago, JDF said:

Hi All. Could i please pick someone's brain.

I got my car serviced earlier today from lexus including the hybrid health check. 

Around 10 mins ago, my car started sounding a loud buzzer type noise similiar to the seatbelt noise. 

The noise cancels out momentarily when i click the indicators. After I make a turn, it comes back on.

No warning signs whatsoever on the dash.

What could it be?

Could the issue be linked to the service?

The car passed the hybrid health check and has never put a foot wrong before this issue.

Take it back asap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDF said:

Ive attached a video to this message. 

@Moleman do you have any idea what it could be?

No sorry, does not sound like the seat belt alarm but similar.  If you have no warning lights best thing is take it back. Hope it is something simple. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moleman said:

No sorry, does not sound like the seat belt alarm but similar.  If you have no warning lights best thing is take it back. Hope it is something simple. 

All the doors shut correctly?

at first i thought it mightbe the boot wasnt closed propery but when i heard the sound in the video thats not the sound it makes so not sure but wish you luck wish us updated

Hi all.

I took it to lexus earlier on today.

They told me that they 'resetted the systems' on the car and that now it should be fixed.

However, a few hours later, the issue resurfaced. 

I am going to call them again on Monday.

I will keep you all updated 😞

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, JDF said:

Hi all.

I took it to lexus earlier on today.

They told me that they 'resetted the systems' on the car and that now it should be fixed.

However, a few hours later, the issue resurfaced. 

I am going to call them again on Monday.

I will keep you all updated 😞

Did they provide any explanation of what needed to be reset?

Hope this gets sorted.

2 minutes ago, JDF said:

They did say its seatbelt sensor related however, no warning light came on

The sensor in each seat? (reacts to weight).  The rear seats have a different warning and the light goes off.

*4: Rear passengers’ seat belt buzzer:
The rear passengers’ seat belt buzzer sounds to alert the driver that the rear seat belt
is not fastened. The buzzer sounds for 30 seconds after the vehicle reaches a speed
of 20 km/h (12 mph). Then, if the seat belt is still unfastened, the buzzer will sound in a
different tone for 90 more seconds.
*5: If the rear seat belt is not fastened, the light will go off after a short period of time.

I dont know how they diagnosed it as a seatbelt sensor because there was no error on dash or anyone sitting in the other seats.

The problem was not there before I gave the car in for a service on Friday. 😞

How qualified the personnel is will probably vary different places.

Here where we live, I believe they can do a standard service and not much more than that. 10 years ago, Toyota was in one place and Lexus in another (had a MR2 Spyder then). Both Lexus and Toyota were managed by competent people from Japan and offering far more service than now. You could come in the weekend if having problems and get help immediately. At a higher price; but possible. Now after local ownership both Lexus and Toyota are where before only Toyota was. 10 years ago, most taxis were Prius. Now both Dacia and Hyundai have more new cars as taxi than Toyota.

If they here make a mistake, I need to tell the manager in order to have it fixed. They are excellent in coming up with stupid explanations though.

The dealer is Lexus birmingham who normally are very good. 

It went in for an interim service which consists of oil and filter change, hybrid health check and general check of the car.

I think I need to speak to the manager on Monday.

My work is not happy with me taking time off to go back in but it has to be done.

As mentioned, i did not have the issue before which suspects me to believe that they did something.

They should have taken their time to retify the fault yesterday. 

This will now be the third time i am visiting the dealer in 4 days 😞

Lexus Birmingham's customer service is normally very good. 

Everyone makes mistakes. I just hope they put things right on Monday. 

This does bring back some bad memories that I had with SÈAT where i had to complain to the head office before things were sorted. 

1 hour ago, JDF said:

The dealer is Lexus birmingham who normally are very good. 

It went in for an interim service which consists of oil and filter change, hybrid health check and general check of the car.

I think I need to speak to the manager on Monday.

My work is not happy with me taking time off to go back in but it has to be done.

As mentioned, i did not have the issue before which suspects me to believe that they did something.

They should have taken their time to retify the fault yesterday. 

This will now be the third time i am visiting the dealer in 4 days 😞

Lexus Birmingham's customer service is normally very good. 

Everyone makes mistakes. I just hope they put things right on Monday. 

This does bring back some bad memories that I had with SEAT where i had to complain to the head office before things were sorted. 

Good luck, let us know.

Hi everyone.

My apologies, i forgot to write up an update yesterday.

I took the car back to Lexus for the third time. 

They got around the issue by disabiling the seatbelt buzzer. It has resolved the issue but i think their method was not the right way togo about it.

Now, if i forget to put on my seatbelt, the car will not sound the buzzer and will only display the sign on the dash. 

What do you guys think?

9 minutes ago, PCM said:

Not sure I would be happy with that 'resolution'.

If the 'service' caused it, I would like the issue fixed...

100% that is not a solution or resolution. That is a bodge.

Why is it now going off if it was not before the service? What is causing the alarm to sound?

I would be escalating.

• Like 2

1. The issue was not there before the service last week.

2. The issue was a buzzer constantly going off with no warnin lights. 

3. To retify the issue, they disabled the seatbelt buzzer. 

4. The drawback is, now anyone can drive the car without the seatbelt on and a buzzer sounding which is a safety issue although the seatbelt sign comes on no buzzer sounds now.

They kept on fobbing me off when I asked them for the cause.

I have attached a video of the noise before i took it back for a third time yesterday.as you can see, now warning lights on at all. I am belted up. 

Hope that helps

@Moleman, i have attached to this a message a video of a side effect of their 'fix'.

They have fully disabled the seatbelt buzzer which means it dont buzz when driving. It only displays a warning. 

It could be seen as a safety issue which can also relate to issues during an mot 😞

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links