Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Did say I was 74

Hello to one and all its an age thing (I am 74) and thank you in advance . I am waiting for my new 2022 Lexus NX 350h 2.5 5dr E-CVT [Premium Pack/Lexus link pro]

My Mobil sim only contract is ending 30th May 2022.I have a Virgin 4G sim in a Iphone 7 super .

My question is.

Is lexus link pro dependent on which Iphone I have linked to my car. A statement from me 

I didn't realise my Iphone didn't need to be in my car for the sat-nav to work found out last week 😵💫

I am an Era we're taking your cars cylinder head off and de-coking it was routine 

( younger members de-coking has nothing to do with drugs 😂😂😂) 

Thanking you all and a Safe and Happy Easter  to you and your Family's

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Phillip.

To answer your questions:-

Lexus Link Pro in the new 2022 NX runs off of an in-car SIM card (so totally independent of any SIM card you have in your mobile phone). My understanding is that Lexus offer a 4 year free subscription to the Lexus Link Pro service - after which it will become chargeable. The functionality of this will not be affected by what mobile phone you have or what phone service provider you use.

Inbuilt sat-nav systems use GPS to function so in theory you could use both the inbuilt sat-nav and Lexus Link Pro without bringing your mobile phone on a journey.

You would only need to use your phone (and it's mobile data) if you wanted to listen to music that is streamed to your phone (and subsequently into the car's audio system via Bluetooth) or wanted to use other phone-based applications via apple CarPlay for example. [Ignore this last paragraph if you wish - I don't want to confuse matters 😉 Also your Iphone is quite old so may not be able to offer much of this extra functionality anyway]

Hope this helps and Happy Easter to you too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Andy B I am taking your advice  and I am going to purchase a new  Iphone 13 mini 128gb I have a £250 voucher from Curry's 😃 . As My sim only contract is up the end of April ( Tesco ) 

Does it matter which sim provider I choose  ??? Ref apple CarPlay at the moment I use my Iphone for google map in my NX and my music I've downloaded to my Iphone I don't stream at all outside. any downloads to my Iphone are via my virgin broadband in the house Out the car my Iphone use calls and  Tex only 

Thank you again 

@Marlinleg

Talking about the car specifically, it won't matter what SIM provider you choose. I would suggest you choose a provider that meets all your general requirements such as cost, mobile coverage and a package that will give you sufficient amounts of data each month.

On 4/18/2022 at 9:37 AM, Marlinleg said:

I have a £250 voucher from Curry's

I'm reading one of my BAAmex card offers is some dosh off at Currys ...  should you have an Amex card too !

Malc

Hey I'm only 62 and I also remember removing the head from the car to decoke it. I also remember breaking down at the side of the road and stripping the car down to repair it, as I always carried spare points, condenser, plugs, a few plug leads, plastic knuckles for the carburettor linkages, fan belt, odd bits of wire, hose repair kits and a gallon of water, plus oil in the boot.

Wasn't life simpler in those days😄

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 61babes said:

Wasn't life simpler in those days

I also remember reading that part of the Grand Tour in one's RR was the chauffeur had the " kit " to take the engine apart etc to fix it all on the roadside .....  up a mountain pass maybe ..  to keep the GT on track  ..........  ah those halcyon days :whistling:

Malc

7 hours ago, 61babes said:

Hey I'm only 62 and I also remember removing the head from the car to decoke it. I also remember breaking down at the side of the road and stripping the car down to repair it, as I always carried spare points, condenser, plugs, a few plug leads, plastic knuckles for the carburettor linkages, fan belt, odd bits of wire, hose repair kits and a gallon of water, plus oil in the boot.

Wasn't life simpler in those days😄

Or using a pair of tights for a broken fan belt in an emergency .

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links