Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shutting down peak hours EV charging

20 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Lies; Damn Lies and Government Lies.

oh .  and the non-Government lies from those who would want to be in Govt ..........

BIG Question

..............What's the difference between Partygate and Beergate ?

Malc

I kept getting phoned by my energy supplier to have smart meters fitted, the caller stated "they give you more accurate readings". My response was "so you are telling me my energy meters are not accurate?", they quickly shut-up and have not called back since.

3 minutes ago, Malc said:

oh .  and the non-Government lies from those who would want to be in Govt ..........

BIG Question

Malc

Karaoke and cake?

4 minutes ago, Malc said:

BIG Question

Malc

Wine and beer?

5 minutes ago, Malc said:

BIG Question

Malc

One is lying and the other one is lying? Oh that's the same!!!

8 minutes ago, Malc said:

BIG Question

Malc

One does not remember being there, the other does not remember who was there.

6 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Wine and beer?

and for the innocent and scrupulous Hindu teetotaller who got inadvertently dragged into a cake pre-meeting  .....  ...........wine and water .......... and then Red beer and beer

..................might the PM have been contemplating turning water into wine at his business meeting  :unsure:

Malc

18 hours ago, Malc said:

and for the innocent and scrupulous Hindu teetotaller who got inadvertently dragged into a cake pre-meeting  .....  ...........wine and water .......... and then Red beer and beer

..................might the PM have been contemplating turning water into wine at his business meeting  :unsure:

I often see this compared to support certain agenda along party lines, but the context is more important here than ever...

Frankly I never cared about people ignoring the rules, because I never considered certain disease to be as dangerous as it was made to be, nor restrictions appropriate, this is purely image issue for me. But there is one quite big difference, one was in power and actually SET THE RULES which one then broke themselves, whilst ordinary people were getting finned and dragged to courts, not only that PM faced no consequences, but as well the party was tax payer funded and held in tax payer paid estate (this is not private setting, where "personal" responsibility would matter, this is collective responsibility of the government). That is bad enough - I don't think normal person should stay in position after this, normal person with at least drop of respect for the role must resign immediately. Why? Because it shows they cannot be trusted to set the rules, because they have shown no to follow them themselves, fundamentally untrustworthy (which to be fair we knew for at last 20 decades, so I am not sure where is surprise here). 

Other thing is simply taking responsibility, I could have respected the him personally (in his own capacity) if after this came out he would have admitted it and supported police investigation and taken full responsibility that may even be PR victory i.e. resigned immediately, collaborated fully with police, attended the court and got judgement for paid HEFTY fine (this is not merely braking rules, but organising the party)... I would say fine in range of £10,000 would be appropriate and PM was more than capable of paying it. He is not like one of those broke students who paid £400 for attending her only friend birthday quietly, but then being dragged to the court... I think they ended-up reducing the fine to £72 once "party gate" was revealed as not self-respecting judge would have dared to impose full fine in the face of such hypocrisy. That would have shown, that despite making mistake he is at least honest person, who can own it, face consequences. BUT NO - he did not admit, he stopped police investigating it, he refused to resign and he paid no fines himself throwing others around him under the bus. That is called corruption my friends, it actually consisted of several very serious crimes - like preventing course of justice, so we have criminal PM, those are facts no matter if you like them or not. This just shows hat deep down this person is dishonest, corrupt criminal, not only he does not respect anyone around him, he does not respect himself and therefore he is not worthy of respect from anyone. That he is still PM of such big and powerful nation after this is beyond belief. After all this I would not trust him even cleaner job, nevermind PM.

And if somebody says - "c'mon he is PM, different rules applies, we don't want to dismiss PM, just because of some small scandal", then they are fundamentally confused about what democracy means, what laws means and what basic personal decency means. PM not only should not be exempt of law, PM should be held to higher standard, as a leader PM should lead by example and therefore even small mistakes like this must be career ending. The more important is the job and role, the more immaculate personal record and character, and the less is needed to make person unsuitable. Certain person was never suitable, but this incident just highlighted how unsuitable he is and highlighted how rotten the democracy is, where party lines are more important than any crime. And then we except no corruption... get real!

Just note - this is not personal attack because you just mentioned the two parties, I just picked on the post because I don't think they could be compared. But please take my comment light heartedly of if it goes a bit deep and basically calls for government to be overthrown 😄 Surprising to think that just such words could have one hanged and quartered just few hundred years ago. And my still result in death in certain countries - so not all good, at least we can speak about injustice. 

16 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Other thing is simply taking responsibility,

goes a little deeper methinks .. PM taking responsibility to keep some sanity in UK with the nutter Poo-Tin about to nuke the UK maybe .....  we need some consistency right now and quite frankly, apart from Rishi Sunak I cannot see any person in politics of any colour being any damned use to protect this country at this challenging time 

and dear old Rishi .......  jeez why oh why on earth would he want to end up in UK ( or any other ) politics .....  that must reek of some sort of insanity ............  sleepless nights and all that crap when all he, and his family, might really  really want or need is a good and sensible rational homelife ....  well if any one can with a billionaire background ......  the country would be a little lost without him imho :wink3:

I hope he doesn't sup Evian or some non-UK stuff :whistling:

Malc

• Like 1

That just makes it worse - because if he can't even handle low end personal responsibility, how can we trust him with nukes?! That goes back to my point why politicians and especially leaders have to meet very very very high standards before they can even stand to be elected. Just because of times like this where country may be in real danger, whilst being LED by person would cannot be trusted to sharpen the pencil. 

In other hand I agree - this would be bad time of replacing him... hence he should have resigned much earlier. As for replacement - that is sad reality of our politics, we have to choose "least bad" candidates from the bunch of criminals, that is really unfortunate reality. 

20 hours ago, Malc said:

Is it all really a major issue ?  

Just don't see how they can possibly actually save us money  :whistling: ......  nor cost us money unless it's going haywire and kaput  and out of control ...  but then any meter can do that surely ..  not just a very un-smart,  smart meter 

or have I missed summat serious in these arguments :wink3:

They were never designed to save us money Malc - that was just the lies they told us to get us to accept them.

The only thing they will ever do is to cost us more and to manipulate our useage patterns.

When they start 'phoning home' every five minutes and when peak minutes cost twice as much as off-peak minutes, most of us will try to use the appliances that use the most tizzy in off-peak times. Then those off-peak periods may even become peak (because we've altered our behaviour) and so on.

The National Grid used to have a lot of redundancy built into it so that if a major breakdown occured they could easily re-route supplies and/or get round it. After decades of underinvestment the redundant plant is now in almost daily use, so micro-management of supply and demand is very important to them now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herbie said:

so micro-management of supply and demand is very important to them now.

and was I reading recently that a huge quantity of our electric comes from France ......  OMG when will our dependency on unreliable sources .........  politicians AND neighbours end ....  possibly never methinks  .........  break out another bottle of Evian then:yes:

Malc

4 minutes ago, Herbie said:

They were never designed to save us money Malc - that was just the lies they told us to get us to accept them.

The only thing they will ever do is to cost us more and to manipulate our useage patterns.

When they start 'phoning home' every five minutes and when peak minutes cost twice as much as off-peak minutes, most of us will try to use the appliances that use the most tizzy in off-peak times. Then those off-peak periods may even become peak (because we've altered our behaviour) and so on.

The National Grid used to have a lot of redundancy built into it so that if a major breakdown occured they could easily re-route supplies and/or get round it. After decades of underinvestment the redundant plant is now in almost daily use, so micro-management of supply and demand is very important to them now.

They simply realised that having built in redundancy means less profit, and built in risk makes more profit. This is why I don't believe critical national infrastructure should ever be privatised. Private capital is great where efficiency and profits are important, but efficiency and profits are bad when it comes to national interests and meeting specific security demands. So if we take electricity for example it seems like rational thing would be to have at least triple the needed capacity and run the network and the plants at ~40% of their potential. As such they would wear slower and in case of some sort of accident it can always be rerouted to ensure reliable supply. Is it efficient? No obviously it isn't, but efficiency does not matter when we talking about critical infrastructure like water electricity, gas and nowadays I would say internet. 

Now guess what - our government simply decided that our energy security is not priority, they completely happy for us to be left without electricity and energy companies are happy with it, because if energy cannot be taken for granted, then they can charge more for it. 

44 minutes ago, Malc said:

and was I reading recently that a huge quantity of our electric comes from France ......  OMG when will our dependency on unreliable sources .........  politicians AND neighbours end ....  possibly never methinks  .........  break out another bottle of Evian then:yes:

Malc

Not only France Malc, as the website below shows:

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

image.thumb.png.f6feba9f8552a4e4ac47beb3c1fc6e65.png

On 5/7/2022 at 1:04 PM, Malc said:

and was I reading recently that a huge quantity of our electric comes from France ......  OMG when will our dependency on unreliable sources .........  politicians AND neighbours end ....  possibly never methinks

We buy in quite a lot of tizzy from France but according to this article from Bloomberg News today it seems that France are having a few problems with breakdowns and unplanned maintenance issues with some of their nukes; so much so that they may even have to import, rather than export.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links