Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Passenger Airbag light

Ok, so the only stupid question is the one not asked, so here goes.

Is the passenger airbag light supposed to be on all the time. It comes on when I switch the car on and then stays on. I haven’t tried disabling the passenger airbag but would assume in that case it would go off and the other airbag light come on. 

So does the airbag light stay on all the time or go off after a time period when in normal driving?

Thanks

Paul

F3DB983F-80E8-42FC-AA64-82562F6D0149.jpeg

IIRC it's On all the time while activated to show not to put a baby seat there - I assume it goes Off when you disable the passenger air bag but never had reason to do that. 

Upon my first reading of the topic title I wrongly thought the reference was to the airbags warning light in the instruments cluster.  This light, touch wood, has always worked properly for me but has the irritating characteristic of being the last to turn off upon completion of the Power ON system check, I would guess because it individually monitors a higher number of possible malfunctions. The time lapse is probably no more than a fraction of a second but I must admit it has the effect of keeping me in a state of suspense for longer than I would like.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links