Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2012 IS200d replacement Headlight

Hi All, Been searching for what other model headlights will fit the IS200d (2012) tried searching but couldnt find anything.

My son reversed into the passenger side headlight so now looking for a used replacement so was hoping that a 220 or 300 model might fit.

Any help appriciated

Lop

There is not such thing as "300 model" for mk2 (at least not in UK) and for 2011-2012 "facelift" you basically have either IS250 or IS200d, 220d being older model until 2010, IS300h is newer mk3 model.

What you are looking after is sadly quite expensive and rare - those are facelift lights with DLR (day running lights) and were only fitted between 2011 and 2012. Whenever they are sold used they disappear quickly as people "upgrade" pre-facelift cars, so you can be expected to pay £500 each easily, new ones are £600-800. The only other option is to go "aftermarket" and get something like Vland or similar lights which have DLR and generally looks similar to what you have, but they are not as good quality as Lexus ones and obviously you would need to replace both, but they are way cheaper ~£200-300 per set. 

Hi Richard and welcome to the LOC.

Not many models with that headlight but found this

Part 81185-53503 (UNIT ASSY, HEADLAMP, LH) was found on the following models:

Date range Model Frames/Options Found in diagram
  08/2005-03/2013 LEXUS IS250/350/2xxD ALE20,GSE2* 81-01: HEADLAMP
  04/2009-06/2015 LEXUS IS250C GSE20 81-01: HEADLAMP

Thanks Guys, Knew it wasn't going to be cheap

So a IS250/350 or a IS250c after market light should fit or a second hand of the same model.

13 hours ago, Lop said:

Thanks Guys, Knew it wasn't going to be cheap

So a IS250/350 or a IS250c after market light should fit or a second hand of the same model.

Yes, but only late 2011 and 2012 models with DLR. As well make sure you get Xenon light if you car has Xenons (you can tell by headlight washers). Older model lights will physically fit, but hey have slightly different connection and they look different because they have no DLR. As well IS300 and IS350 are US models, we don't have them in UK, so the lights may not be compliant here. Technically Lexus has flat beam pattern on xenons, so maybe but I would not risk it.

Aftermarket models should fit, but I believe harness is slightly different between DLR and non-DLR, so just check with sellers.

On 5/11/2022 at 11:48 PM, Linas.P said:

but they are not as good quality as Lexus ones and obviously you would need to replace both, but they are way cheaper ~£200-300 per set. 

Vlands (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154992538173) are ~£520 a set and as for quality.. debatable, you'd expect it to be worse quality than factory Lexus but I've had mine for over a year now without any issues and the light output is way better than my factory headlights. There are people that had Vlands for years now and I haven't heard about any issues with them, so quality wise, they are good. Who knows if they'll last 10+ years, but time will tell. @Lop

If Vlands aren't for you, maybe these more OEM looking ones are the ones to go for. They're basically 2011+ OEM headlights with black housing. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151258661191 OR https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181735313710

I didn't have light output in my definition of "quality", just generally little bit lighter flimsier plastic compared to OEM. Other thing - there are now fake VLANDS... so basically fakes of the fakes which probably where my "quality" claim is coming from. 

If I were in position where I have to spend £800 for new headlight vs. getting aftermarket for ~200-500 for a set, then I would go with OEM looking aftermarket ones, but I would never go for them by my own. Other thing I must admit - I never owned IS250 with halogens, despite owning 4 of them, so I can't even imagine what is light output from halogens... xenons were OK.

On 5/13/2022 at 6:16 PM, Linas.P said:

I didn't have light output in my definition of "quality", just generally little bit lighter flimsier plastic compared to OEM. Other thing - there are now fake VLANDS... so basically fakes of the fakes which probably where my "quality" claim is coming from. 

I don't know to be honest, those headlights feel just as sturdy and the OEM ones.. Honestly I can't think of a single bad thing about them, or anything that even slightly worse than on the OEM 2008 headlights. They fit great, feel great, work way better, so honestly no complaints whatsoever, but inside "quality" will be tested over time. See how long the LED bulbs last etc.

I wasn't even aware of there being fakes now..Jesus. Just buy from Vland Official then I guess. 

Thanks for the help, got a 08 lamp unit for £98 fits ok but had to swap the top mounting assembly between the two units, plugged in and all working fine.

Anyone know how to remove the motor adjuster, seems a shame to waste it if it can be removed

Also I cant recommend highly enough the G3 Pro scratch remover thought I was going to have to sand and spray the bumper but heat gun the dent out and the G3 removed all the scratches, brilliant stuff.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links