Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 V8s back to mid £40k by end of year?

Flytvr

8 minutes ago, Casa1862 said:

Even the base spec non sport plus is quite nice, wheels on the plus are better but personally not bothered about the rear spoiler and alcantara, if anything the full leather and glass roof seems more appealing on the base, just an opinion before someone comes with internet shotgun fully loaded!!

Glad I am not the only one who thinks this!

• Like 1

The one thing I would really like on my LC is the LSD had it been an option - its actually a reasonably straightforward swap but finding a used one is a non starter.

That and the fixed wing from the inspiration model 🙂

15 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

Oh yeah Maverick - HUD absolutely a must if you like to pretend you’re a F16 fighter pilot

Think I’ve used mine about 4 times in 2 years, if that.

I don’t have HUD but driven both with and without. I find it distracting personally. In other Lexus’ I’ve owned I’ve always turned it off. 

Anyway, give it a few years we will all be wearing the new apple headsets when driving right (I’m kidding… but it would fix the apple car issue…)

33 minutes ago, 96spec said:

The one thing I would really like on my LC is the LSD had it been an option - its actually a reasonably straightforward swap but finding a used one is a non starter.

That and the fixed wing from the inspiration model 🙂

You can get the wing from Lexus boutique I think... as for the diff... crashed one imported from the USA? 🙂

What is Lexus Boutique?

Yep - there have been plenty off diffs available in the US - I got cold feet but might go back to looking - a lot of the sellers dont want to ship to the UK so I'd have to go via an intemediary.

6 minutes ago, 96spec said:

What is Lexus Boutique?

Yep - there have been plenty off diffs available in the US - I got cold feet but might go back to looking - a lot of the sellers dont want to ship to the UK so I'd have to go via an intemediary.

https://lexusboutique.net/collections/lc/LC?sort_by=price-descending

🙂

1 hour ago, 96spec said:

Yeah I have my HUD on all the time now.

That Lexus Chester one looks like a nice opportunity for someone to get into a Lexus LC via a Lexus dealer.

I always use HUD if it’s fitted, but I’m not sure I’d pay the £1500 or whatever it is as an option on a new car.

The red Chester one does look good. Sensible-ish miles, decent colour scheme, top spec.

If the seat bolster is a little worn, tell them to replace it or at least factor it in. I know the quote for a new Tan seat (sport plus spec so with alcantara) was about 2k…but if it’s black like this one, I bet it’s well easy to get it sorted by a professional for a fraction of the cost? Don’t let it out you off. 

Looks like the two cheapest v8s have been sold, both looked good value and good condition, listed for between 2-4 weeks so not exactly snapped up but moved on fairly quickly, few weeks ago the 46k one also went after about 2-4 weeks so that end of the market seems pretty healthy. I'd imagine given how the slow the market was earlier in the year Vs now that there's unlikely to be much more movement pricewise beyond a slow natural decline with time.

So yes you can get a V8 for under 50k but it'll need to be from a dealer who wants to move their stock fast. 

Theres a few clearly overpriced cars which have been listed for awhile and haven't moved. I guess those dealers will hold out and hope. The NI one that's gone up looks interesting, low milage and high spec.

The NI one suggests Lexus Belfast need a new advert writer - it’s a petrol 500h “with a 5 litre hybrid engine”. Duh. It’s also got “black wheels and a full de chrome”. Needs pics to gauge how ‘personalised’ it is.

The Chester one was perfect in terms of price, spec and so on, for me anyway - if I’d been in the market for a coupe that one would have been right at the top of my list. Someone must have agreed!

From watching what sells and what doesn’t, if it’s ‘right’ it sells within days or weeks, and if it isn’t it doesn’t. A couple of long term autotrader cars have lost a grand recently, and they’re still there gathering dust. On the flip side there was a red convertible up for less than a week (april/may I think) for example. Summers coming too, which may gee the market up. Just 16 V8s on autotrader this morning including that ab-so-bloody-lutely  gorgeous orange convertible - that started north of 95k I think, now it’s 89999. 

Oh, and Southampton have a 2020 white over black/red convertible with 12k miles on it for 86500 - cheapest convertible for a while - no plate visible in the pics but I’m going to guess it’s GU70PYL the ex press car. Bet it’s got new tyres!

Beautiful motor.  
Demos are often a bit shakier in value.  I bought a 2009 cheap Ish (don’t ask) DBS Volante which turned out to be a demo and made it slightly more challenging to sell when the time came.

Probably because they get more “spirited” drivers in their short lives than cosseted consumer cars.

Don’t assume it got new brakes and tyres after its stint as a press car, I find it’s always best to ask how much life each has left in ‘em

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a flurry of sales, I see the ever (un)popular yellow one has knocked 240 quid off... Not sure thats going to get it sold looking at the better cars for less money that have been and gone.

Yep, just ten used V8s for sale now, either on autotrader or Lexus’s new used website. Good news for owners, not so good if you’re a buyer wanting a particular colour scheme or spec. This is the smallest used LC market I’ve seen since I’ve been looking - probably two years or so.

I’ve just bought some yellow Crocs and that was brave by me.  I’m not sure I’d buy a massive yellow car, not even an LC.  

(I hope I’ve not offended anyone who has one, but I’m just not that extrovert.)

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Still nowhere close to the 40’s. Silver Wigan car with resprayed wheels has spangly new photos and has finally dropped a bit to 57k but Lexus Chester now have a red sport plus for the same money - I know which one I’d pick.

White PYL convertible has sold, silver ‘vert has gone, absolute baller spec orange and tan private sale ‘vert is now at Lexus Swindon at 98k presumably with a near-10k markup, the stick in the mud yellow pair are still 50k and there’s now 12 used V8s on the market… including Brett’s Inspiration if I’m correct, at Southampton.

Can’t see anything decent getting below 50 until next winter…

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, eightk said:

Still nowhere close to the 40’s. Silver Wigan car with resprayed wheels has spangly new photos and has finally dropped a bit to 57k but Lexus Chester now have a red sport plus for the same money - I know which one I’d pick.

White PYL convertible has sold, silver ‘vert has gone, absolute baller spec orange and tan private sale ‘vert is now at Lexus Swindon at 98k presumably with a near-10k markup, the stick in the mud yellow pair are still 50k and there’s now 12 used V8s on the market… including Brett’s Inspiration if I’m correct, at Southampton.

Can’t see anything decent getting below 50 until next winter…

Yeah, that's mine at Southampton.  

Obviously there is a mark up on there, but it hasn't done badly given it is a pre-price rise LC500.  (Ordered late October 2021, delivered May '22)  I think I paid £98k, it's up for £94.5k.

If anyone on here is going after it, feel free to give me a shout and I'll talk you through it. 

• Like 2

The market has got less fluid this month, lots of lower end cars last month, several under 50. I guess the stick in the mud yellow is just hoping someone is desperate and caves in. Odd strategy but if the market is tight then I guess that's their call, they only have one to sell after all. 

I am kind of surprised that hybrids are keeping up as well. One would think they would be in lower demand, hence lower price and thus there would be 2 layers let's say £35-50k for hybrids and 50+ for V8s perhaps with few higher miles V8s intermixed between the more expensive hybrids. But at the moment it seems they selling purely on year + mileage without consideration for engine. 

I guess it could be partially explained by most of the cars still being at dealers who don't mind waiting and have no pressures of private seller. 

Why would the hybrids be cheaper?? They are the same price new and the hybrid makes a lot of sense for a lot of buyers, the 5.0 is nice and makes the right noise but for someone like me who actually wants to use it as a daily I’ll never use the full power of the 5.0, I’d end up getting rid due to high running costs once the new car buzz is gone. For 99% of the time the hybrid is perfect…for me anyway! I’d love them to be cheaper.

5 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I guess it could be partially explained by most of the cars still being at dealers who don't mind waiting and have no pressures of private seller. 

Good point but a fair few private sale LCs do seem to disappear fairly quickly then reappear on dealers forecourts to then sit at a much higher price for a much longer period. Orange convertible a current example.

Hybrid makes total sense as a daily driver, not my thing personally when there’s the option of the V8, but I can definitely see why they hold their value as well as the petrol cars.

1 hour ago, eightk said:

Good point but a fair few private sale LCs do seem to disappear fairly quickly then reappear on dealers forecourts to then sit at a much higher price for a much longer period. Orange convertible a current example.

Hybrid makes total sense as a daily driver, not my thing personally when there’s the option of the V8, but I can definitely see why they hold their value as well as the petrol cars.

Every article or review I've ever read said the hybrid is nonsensical, the savings are minimal and your giving away a pretty unique engine. The hybrid Vs the V8 is a non contest. However Vs other hybrids out there your getting something stylish and unique. I don't think anyone who wants an LC is ever going to seriously consider the hybrid but I think if your looking for a hybrid the LC makes a lot of sense.

I think the hybrids values are actually propping up the V8 slightly as they can't really invert so the V8 has to be slightly higher even if VS other brands v8s LCs are on the pricy side. There aren't many other brands with a mix of V8 and hybrid in this area it's quite unique

I am sure hybrids are fine for daily driving, but it is not like V8 are particularly bad at it, I doubt it makes huge difference for somebody paying £50k or 100k for a car whenever it does 30MPG and 40MPG. Not to mention it is unlikely that many LCs does huge miles either - and for somebody that does 4000 miles a year... again MPG makes little difference.

Why would hybrids would be cheaper? Because for GT car like this economy does not matter - pretty much anyone who pays that amount of money for such car are buying it to get V8. People who want daily driving and more practical car won't buy LC anyway, they will have RX or whatever.

LC hybrids were always much less desirable and were outsold by V8s something like 3:1... and those that sold were probably first bought by Lexus dealers themselves as demos just to be further passed down as used cars at lower price later on.

Now I am not saying that LC500h is a bad car, or that I would not like to have one myself for the right price, I am just stating kind of obvious - they are less desirable and therefore I am slightly surprised that they are not cheaper compared to V8s whatever the price point it would. 

27 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I am sure hybrids are fine for daily driving, but it is not like V8 are particularly bad at it, I doubt it makes huge difference for somebody paying £50k or 100k for a car whenever it does 30MPG and 40MPG. Not to mention it is unlikely that many LCs does huge miles either - and for somebody that does 4000 miles a year... again MPG makes little difference.

Why would hybrids would be cheaper? Because for GT car like this economy does not matter - pretty much anyone who pays that amount of money for such car are buying it to get V8. People who want daily driving and more practical car won't buy LC anyway, they will have RX or whatever.

LC hybrids were always much less desirable and were outsold by V8s something like 3:1... and those that sold were probably first bought by Lexus dealers themselves as demos just to be further passed down as used cars at lower price later on.

Now I am not saying that LC500h is a bad car, or that I would not like to have one myself for the right price, I am just stating kind of obvious - they are less desirable and therefore I am slightly surprised that they are not cheaper compared to V8s whatever the price point it would. 

They're not cheaper because then they'd be far too low Vs other hybrids on the market. The 500 and 500h have totally different markets but because they're the same car they're entwined in terms of price

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links