Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 V8s back to mid £40k by end of year?

Flytvr

Scarce V8's , or EV's, oh which will hold their value better ? Sometimes you think you understand market trends and then they turn around, kick you in the nuts and deliver a lesson in humility.

The only things really getting kicked in the nuts at the moment seem to be either green or knackered. 
EVs are not selling as expected, used ones are worthless from what I’ve read (and I speak as an EV owner since 2015), and then there’s the forced selling of non Khan compliant older stuff that’s dropping in value as the pool of potential buyers shrinks like a C40 mayors testicles on the eve of an election.

V8s are where it’s at 😎

Buy now while they’re still legal…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

I have deep suspicions based on the dealer & 85 photos of sod all... 🤣

Indeed and it's QUITE a bit cheaper as well still being a sport plus. Shall await the real photos 😄

• Like 1

Blimey, haven't visited this thread in a while, got real spicy for a bit didn't it?! 😂

@Flytvr how much for yours? LOC discount right 😛

My visit back to the LC side of the forum is not just for sight seeing, things have turned themselves back around after a turbulent year.

I miss the GS F, but don't need the 4 doors, I want another V8, before everything is boring. Consider the LC back on the list for car shopping. If I wait for the next 6 months, I'm sure I can talk the prices down right? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

If I wait for the next 6 months, I'm sure I can talk the prices down right? 😉

Well, the talking down of prices has worked very well so far - that 80,000 mile yellow one has dropped nearly 500 quid in six months 😂 Meanwhile other lower mileage stuff has come, been reduced a couple of grand, and gone. They’ll go down - winters coming - but mid 40s still doesn’t seem to be happening for cars with sensible mileage.

Seriously though, if you’re in a position to do it, DO IT. Fantastic cars.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, eightk said:

Well, the talking down of prices has worked very well so far - that 80,000 mile yellow one has dropped nearly 500 quid in six months 😂 Meanwhile other lower mileage stuff has come, been reduced a couple of grand, and gone. They’ll go down - winters coming - but mid 40s still doesn’t seem to be happening for cars with sensible mileage.

Seriously though, if you’re in a position to do it, DO IT. Fantastic cars.

Whoever at the dealership eventually shifts that yellow one should get some sort of award, I think it's been on a year now?

On 9/18/2023 at 7:04 PM, eightk said:

Gone from Autotrader yesterday… 72 hours after I spotted it.

On 9/21/2023 at 7:59 AM, eightk said:

Gone from Autotrader yesterday… 72 hours after I spotted it.

Look like it got removed and it's back with a healthy mark-up. I wonder if they had a flood of interest and decided to do the honourable thing and pretend they got the price wrong.

• Haha 1

Boom! DtotheMs 79,000 mile yellow nemesis is now 47995. Watch all the other cars plummet by two grand over the next couple of weeks. Or not 😂

Lexus Cardiff have an Inspiration convertible that’s making me go all funny - an almost Structural Blue paint which must be the new ultrasonic colour, navy and white interior, and the latest touchscreen set up. Shame you wouldn’t be able to test drive it at anything over 20mph…

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, eightk said:

Boom! DtotheMs 79,000 mile yellow nemesis is now 47995. Watch all the other cars plummet by two grand over the next couple of weeks. Or not 😂

Lexus Cardiff have an Inspiration convertible that’s making me go all funny - an almost Structural Blue paint which must be the new ultrasonic colour, navy and white interior, and the latest touchscreen set up. Shame you wouldn’t be able to test drive it at anything over 20mph…

Au contraire - the entire test drive in manual and first gear…..Cardiff garage is paying for fuel….they can blame Commissar Drakeford.

On our much discussed yellow veteran, 80,000 miles is a lot to swallow on a luxury grand tourer without some kind of discount, even though a well serviced big engined  Lexus will probably do it and not even notice.

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2023 at 4:35 PM, Arth_Vader said:

Au contraire - the entire test drive in manual and first gear…..Cardiff garage is paying for fuel….they can blame Commissar Drakeford.

On our much discussed yellow veteran, 80,000 miles is a lot to swallow on a luxury grand tourer without some kind of discount, even though a well serviced big engined  Lexus will probably do it and not even notice.

I am somewhat tempted, you see on US groups people with 2-3 year old cars with similar mileage. but there's got to be an offset in price, why take a car with double the mileage to save 1-2K?

• Like 2

I wouldn’t be tempted.  I think if you were convinced you were going to buy it and keep it for the real long term then you might be ok, but if there is any chance you’d sell it in 3-4 years depreciation might really hurt, with this many miles plus whatever you put on it.

Needs to drop more.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arth_Vader said:

I wouldn’t be tempted.  I think if you were convinced you were going to buy it and keep it for the real long term then you might be ok, but if there is any chance you’d sell it in 3-4 years depreciation might really hurt, with this many miles plus whatever you put on it.

Needs to drop more.

100% if it was 2-3K less price wise it would balance out, essentially the 2017 ones will all be out of their 10 year warranty by the time you choose to sell the car again so future buyers will perhaps be slightly wary. It's also bonkers that it's more than double the mileage of any other car and it's not even the cheapest example we've seen in the past 6 months. If you pop the reg into autotrader as a private sale it reckons you should be asking for 42k, clearly a seller has some mark up but the gulf there seems a bit large. 

I assume as well 12 months of sitting on forecourts isn't going to be great. Must be due a service after 12 months if nothing else!

Bearing in mind the 20,000 miles left on the Lexus warranty it doesn’t really matter whether it’s a private sale or glass fronted showroom that’s selling it. I agree low 40’s is the right ball park, maybe an offer as low as 40 might take it - it’s treble the mileage of most other cars. Nice spec though!

19 hours ago, eightk said:

Bearing in mind the 20,000 miles left on the Lexus warranty it doesn’t really matter whether it’s a private sale or glass fronted showroom that’s selling it. I agree low 40’s is the right ball park, maybe an offer as low as 40 might take it - it’s treble the mileage of most other cars. Nice spec though!

Indeed, given the glacial price reductions they don't seem to eager to shift it tho. 43 would do nicely, 45 tops. 

Does the driver door handle look slightly off? It's often half popped out in the photos vs the passenger. How do the door handles hold up? I had a BMW that ended up needing 3 new handles at £500 each (luckily under warranty) so modern fancy door handles always make me look carefully!

I must confess after saying I don’t like yellow,  after looking at the video on the website it looks bloody good, the LC suits bold colours.  

Make them an offer but insist they service it first, as it needs one, then you’ve no worries about the door handles.

I bought mine from a non Lexus dealer and I insisted on the service being done first.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 12:04 PM, DtoTheM said:

Indeed, given the glacial price reductions they don't seem to eager to shift it tho. 43 would do nicely, 45 tops. 

Does the driver door handle look slightly off? It's often half popped out in the photos vs the passenger. How do the door handles hold up? I had a BMW that ended up needing 3 new handles at £500 each (luckily under warranty) so modern fancy door handles always make me look carefully!

Honda E has very similar handles - warranty claim of £650-odd to replace that.

On 10/14/2023 at 3:42 PM, eightk said:

I’d bet someone put a low offer in on the yellow one and the dealer snatched their hands off.

Still not hitting mid 40s advertised prices yet, but getting closer…

Well little confession, I did go and see that yellow one a few months back and offered them 47 and they flat out refused to go below 49,500 (which they offered me the moment I called) thing is is had quite a few issues, drivers seat was "loose" ie you could noticeably rock it back and forwards with light pressure. The drivers handle was indeed broken and only half popped out. There was a whistling noise at speed from the drivers side (possibly the handle not retracted or something odd) All of these things were of course repairable under warranty but their general attitude was it was an amazing car and the warm weather would bring out buyers. Anyways with no movement on the price, a huge milage and a list of issues I bid them good luck.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

I think you were right to pass.

Indeed, I've a pet hatred of cars that aren't prepared or with clear issues at this price point. I know why garages don't but it's the wrong image. Cosmetic issues perhaps but not things like handles and seats, not on a car that's been for sale for 6 months plus where the issues could have been dealt with under warranty anyways. I think 47 is still generous for that one!

• Like 1

Problem a non-main-dealer has from what I was told is that they can’t get stuff fixed under warranty - my Tesla came with a broken drivers door handle for exactly that reason. Loose LC seat, new door seal and a handle would all be dead easy under warranty, but as a new car purchasing experience it’d put me off a bit too, unless it was substantially cheaper than it’s been advertised at up to this point. Who knows, it might reappear yet again…

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links