Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So, after many years I've started on replacing the Climate Control Panel which is void of any image.  Needs to re-gas after Car left for fourteen months in France lost its A/C and need see what is on the display. 

The Video on vutube isn't exactly like my '93 even though it mentions 1990 to 2000. Having taken the front away from the main box, its pretty tight with the various connecting straps.  Do they all come off? Not clear on the video as only mentions one strap and poor image. Three straps two of which are attached to the small square PCB. One of which goes to the Screen whereas the other  goes back into the box. Remove two connectors with care as don't want to damage PCB.My assumption otherwise no chance of unscrewing the eight black screws and two yellows the Vid talks about. Haven't seen the yellows, so far.

I'm at the "why did I start this job, stage".   

• Sad 1

good the car's back with you enjoying the Essex climate again   :whistling:

I've no idea what to say that might help you in your   " mission impossible "   but I'm sure someone here with some good idea will shout up shortly .......  fingers xd

Good luck

Malc

Thanks Malc.  Some progress. Black board away from front piece. Q. is needing to heat the screen to free it up?  Had hoped it would loosen without heat. Still puzzling  but daresay I'll get there - eventually. Why didn't I provide the Beer money for the expert - Doh!   Having replaced the failed Heater on my Dishwasher yesterday I became a bit cocky this Morning thinking I can do this! Ha!   

IMG_0261.JPG

Well, it hasn't gone to plan.  Removal of original strip started  badly when the second wire I attempted to remove lifted the pad off the PCB.  Another is loose but still connected to its Trace.  Decided not to attempt install the new Climate Control Strip but trimmed off the wires from the old and put back in situ.  Had the fear that any solder bridging two pads might result in a short circuit with who knows what consequences.  Don't have the necessary wire to bridge to the pad from the nearby hole. Guess Soldering is one art that I'm unable to master.  Good job I didn't attempt the ECU a couple of years back.  Why didn't I remember that!! 

Still possible to put in the new Strip but will just check that everything still works on the unit and it doesn't catch fire. Left with one Black screw that I just couldn't find where it came from.  Always the way, so they say.   

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Left with one Black screw that I just couldn't find where it came from.  Always the way, so they say.   

That's how we end up with a jar of spare screws that we can go to to find one when we need it :thumbup:

• Haha 2

If you can manage to wait around 3 weeks I can do it for you and repair the track pads too.

As you have discovered it’s not an easy job without the skills required and the correct tools.

Just confirm you bought the correct RHD LCD  version and not the cheaper LHD one 😀

• 1 month later...

So, I thought I'd get the C/C panel out of the Car today.  Flummoxed by the rear connector which is unlike any on other C/C units that I've seen on vututube.  Seems so stiff that I am worried I'll break it.  Yet, I managed to get it out a while back but today I can't fathom whats stopping it.  The White Bar seems to partly lift and am pretty sure that it should lift all the way upward which ejects the two Connectors.  Why is this not happening?  Is there something on the underside that needs to be pressed. I've tried this.  Anyone else got this type of connector? Don't see it on later cars.  Brute force may be needed? 

IMG_0297.JPG

As so often happens with me, I eventually manage to sort out the problem.  Re-locked it and then rmeoved the Radio before trying again to unlock the connectors.  A but of force was needed and though it doesn't eject the connectors the larger was easy to pull out. The smaller, not so.  Don't aks me why but Had to use a lever to pry it out.  Lifting the white bar it is necessary to push down on a part beneath it which acts as a lock.   it still stck at the posiiton seen butI was able to move it. There is no locking part on the underside. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links