Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC 430 NAV disc change.

Boersma

At the Dutch Lexus SC forum-site  someone wrote that you can upgrade your "navigation middle-Europe"  with a NAV-disc from a Toyota Landcruiser 100 from 2014, the Lexus dealer in the Netherlands knows nothing maybe someone in the UK knows if it's possible?

I have no idea, but just be aware that even if it's true and it works, you'll still be running 8-year old maps on a 15-year old operating system that was never very good to begin with anyway.

Surely, using a stand-alone unit such as a TomTom or even better, useing Waze or Google Maps on your phone has to be more useful?

• Like 3

Hi there, I have a 2007 SC430 which presumably had the original disc in and I upgraded that disc.

I am now running a 2017/2018 disc which I bought off eBay and works perfectly. Although I was warned that if I tried to go too new it would not work properly.

To be honest I frequently use my phone and Google maps!

Good luck, Anthony 

Screenshot_20220529-154734_eBay.thumb.jpg.6372351cfff4856ed9e8971512d24336.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herbie said:

Surely, using a stand-alone unit such as a TomTom or even better, useing Waze or Google Maps on your phone has to be more useful?

"I see where you're going there!"

• Haha 3

I'm way ahead of this sat nav game ............ never had it in my car, moved on from an A-Z Atlas and local printed maps which were just superb ( of course )  and gone straight to my Iphone and google maps ............ which work a treat ( usually )

and FREE to use .............. and global too maybe ??

Malc

I have developed a problem today, the top nav screen stopped working and the wood cover/flap would not open either! Has anyone met this before?

I even had to use Google maps to find my way!!!

4 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

I have developed a problem today, the top nav screen stopped working and the wood cover/flap would not open either! Has anyone met this before?

I even had to use Google maps to find my way!!!

I think the top screen relies on power from the connection to the lower cover. As you recently had an issue with that one, perhaps there may be a link.  

• Thanks 1

I have had a think and this is one idea. It would loose the old fashioned heater/sat nav control unit which would make the dash look much more modern.

Screenshot_20220601-000112_Chrome.thumb.jpg.10440255853e16d9dcdbb91084e5104b.jpg

That would be quite a dramatic change. I don't think I've seen anyone in the UK do it. I'm tempted to do the GS that way with the Tesla style screen but as it's the rare 460 the Lexus police would take a dim view. 

• Haha 1

Stop press!!!

Could not find a loose connection but pressed everything connector and its working...that's saved me £1006.23 for a while but it's still on the list!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links