Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2022 NX SatNav estimated time of arrival

Not sure if I have a setting wrong but when I asked the car (2022 450h+) to navigate from Hampshire to Cornwall at 7am on a Sunday it:
- refused to use the A303 and was set on using M4/M5
- estimated the time as 6.5 hours

Checking on Phone Google maps showed no issues with A303 and we ended up driving that way in around 4 hours.  All the while the estimated arrival time slowly came back in (by 2.5 hours).

Anybody else had this?

I have similar in my RC300h, travelling from the Swindon area to Cornwall the nav system always wants to go via M4/M5.

I either set the criteria to avoid motorways or put in a 'stop-over' for example Amesbury, to force the system to use the A303

• Like 1

There seems to be lots of gremlins in the software. I find if you connect your phone with the cable, the Google navigation is better. The Lexus system is always a couple of seconds too late.

Went from East Hampshire to Cornwall via a303/a30 with no problem, stopping at the Pig in Combe for lunch and charged the car for free. But a couple of other times had to stop to reprogram as the navigation just stopped. 

Made two trips to Cornwall from Hampshire and it always seems to start at around 5 hours and gets better the nearer home we get. Usually takes 3.75 to 4 hours, so take no notice of sat nav, but trying goggle maps next time

45 minutes ago, Husky125 said:

Made two trips to Cornwall from Hampshire and it always seems to start at around 5 hours and gets better the nearer home we get. Usually takes 3.75 to 4 hours, so take no notice of sat nav, but trying goggle maps next time

Don't all sat navs give a more accurate ETA the closer you get to the destination? After all, they know where you are from the GPS so they can constantly work out the time to cover the remaining distance and hence the ETA. The trick is to give an accurate ETA at the outset. Google maps and Waze are pretty good at this. 

What I don't understand is why the Lexus appears to be so far out from the outset and would send you on the M4/5 instead of the A303. As far as I know, all sat navs let you specify preferences for fastest route, shortest route, avoiding certain types of roads (eg toll roads, motorways). With these choices set to your preferred driving and with the over-the-air info the Lexus can receive, it should mean the Lexus gets the best info on things like roadworks, heavy traffic, accidents, etc. It should, therefore, be as good as Google or Waze and I'm surprised that owners experience is not reflecting this.

Thanks all.

Just to add that all the previous times I've done the trip in other cars it normally starts at around 5 hours (its 244 miles via A303 and we always go "out of hours" - 270 via M4/5) which is reasonable.  I was just shocked to see 6.5 hours from the Lexus, I restarted it 3 times and it was adamant.  From what I could see all the options are set correctly.

I'll try it again and see if it plots a better route/time, else I'll be using my phone through car play. May just be a software glitch as others have suggested.

P.S.  I noticed that the Nav screen does show the static speed cameras on route.  Ours is set to audible alert but I did not hear anything , has anyone else?

53 minutes ago, dts439 said:

P.S.  I noticed that the Nav screen does show the static speed cameras on route.  Ours is set to audible alert but I did not hear anything , has anyone else?

I find this works OK for me - much better than it did in my previous 2018 NX in fact. The system emits a brief "blip" as the car approaches a speed camera - any audio that is playing is muted slightly for a split second. It works for me even if I don't have a route set on the SatNav.

I find that the alert can be a bit premature so maybe listen out for it a bit sooner?

On 6/16/2022 at 1:19 PM, forbes said:

Is there a option to set the speed/s on the sat nav 

This. 

On the old system you could set the average speed for roads and motorways, so always thought estimates were based on that excluding traffic etc. 

Sure the defaults were below speed limits. 

2 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

Forget the on board SatNav, use Waze, accurate and with all the latest speed camera hot spots. Makes getting home much quicker.

I reserve judgement because I have yet to try the satnav on my, as yet, undelivered Lexus NX but I have always been very happy with Waze. An excellent system that gets better and better as more users adopt it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links