Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2007 IS 220D Fuel leak

Gerry82

Hi All 

Looking for some help to source a fuel tank for my recently purchased 07 Lexus IS 220D. 
only bought last Friday, filled tank on the Sunday to find leak… private sale so no leg to stand on! 
My mechanic got quotes £700 and over 2 weeks delivery from order. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction to get a cheaper one from eBay or may have one… or have the part number etc. any help welcome! 

yours in motoring

Gerry

See another related thread on this forum which is discussing fuel tank issues 

I'm not sure if the diesel tank is the same, maybe start a new thread as you'll have more of a chance of an answer.

I'm wondering if it's possible to actually repair your tank. I know it's possible to re-line a petrol tank. As for the shield. Can it not be cleaned up and a metal patch welded where the hole is? Ask the mechanic and do some research. 

As for used, there's a Lexus breakers in Accrington. I know they have quite a few Lexus cars, I've actually been there in person for a couple of trim pieces. Look them up as they do post items.

5 hours ago, Fatts said:

See another related thread on this forum which is discussing fuel tank issues 

I'm not sure if the diesel tank is the same, maybe start a new thread as you'll have more of a chance of an answer.

I'm wondering if it's possible to actually repair your tank. I know it's possible to re-line a petrol tank. As for the shield. Can it not be cleaned up and a metal patch welded where the hole is? Ask the mechanic and do some research. 

As for used, there's a Lexus breakers in Accrington. I know they have quite a few Lexus cars, I've actually been there in person for a couple of trim pieces. Look them up as they do post items.

Nice 1 thanks for the advice and info Fatts 

Phone then first to double check. They're open on Saturdays but only till 12 noon. They're very good on Lexus Parts. I've been there too.

• Like 1

Lexus quoted me £705 for a tank with 3 weeks delivery. Spoke to a guy who stated rust remedy followed by jb steel putty and finally a coat of Hammerite. Seems to be holding fine. 
[my leak started when I used injector cleaner, economy increased from 40 mpg to 44 mpg but I had a stain on my drive. Various videos on YouTube about changing ‘repairing a tank on the is250.] Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

sorry for the delayed thanks for the responses..been in Florida for 3 and half weeks, now back to reality of trying to sort the leaking tank. was still drivable if only filled half way but yesterday the tank failed and all fuel leaked out and had to get recovered !! looks lilke new (used tank) tank is the option,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links