Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ceramic coatings

Having my Stinger done on the 1st of August, so can you let you know how it went then 🙂

Peter is right though, if you want damage mitigation then you will need PPF applied.

This is what I am having done:

https://www.tkdetailingcars.co.uk/new-car-coating-detail-5-year-warranty.html

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Had both my RCs ceramic coated from new. Definitely makes cleaning easier.

Don't expect it to protect against stone chips or scratches though 

It’s all a question of how much you want to invest.  As Peter says, it offers clear advantages over even the shiniest of wax finishes.  
But if you do a high mileage and thus expose the car to increased risk of damage, then it’s also worth considering PPF for the front bumper area.  It has a degree of self-healing to offer.  The downside is that it requires more preparation to ensure the best possible paint surface, because the film will magnify any surface imperfections.

Something I didn’t consider when I had mine ‘Detailed’ is that it means an end to quick trips to the local car wash!  That ceramic finish needs a specific after-care routine.  So if it’s to be correctly maintained, there’s probably a bit more buying to be done.

Had mine detailed last year and finished with GYEON Q2 M -WET COAT. I used it myself during the winter one day and it was fine. During April, I used it again but the sun shone rather brightly and I never jet washed it, instead just used the hose spray. 
What a mess I made of it. Hundreds of small flies settled on it and it just looked awful with dust particles settling on it.

In May I took it back to the detailer, who could only get rid of the mess by buffing it off. Instead of using GYEON again, he gave it a one year ceramic coating. It looks fantastic now and washing it is very easy. Doesn’t seem to get dirty with ceramic coating on it.

I think now that I have chosen the ceramic coating (finish), I have locked myself into it indefinitely. Taking it to the car wash now is not an option. I wash it with Carpro-reset intensive car shampoo, which is what the detailer uses.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links