Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tips for recently acquired used NX300h

Hi Guys

I recently purchased a used NX300h. I just want to know of any tips i can have look after the engine and the car as a whole.

The previous owner said all the service history is computerised and that I could get it from the main dealer (I don't know if that it true or not)

So TBH I have no service history at all nor do I have a service book. I have been driving it for a few days and its drives beautifully though. 

The online service book is how its done which does seem a bit odd. I preferred a paper book with stamps in. If you create a My Lexus account and register the car then you'll be able to see the service history: https://www.lexus.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/tiles/ownedCars/+/sso/login/autoclose=true

• Like 1

They are very nice cars (apart from the engine which I found noisy and slow coming from an RX). At that point it was the best car I'd owned for the creature comforts, practicality etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shafque said:

The car is a 64 plate. Don`t know if that's a 2014 or 2015.

The Gov MOT website will give you the exact date of registration along with current and historical MOT data and also whether there are any outstanding recalls.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

• Like 1

2 hours ago, javadude said:

The online service book is how its done which does seem a bit odd. I preferred a paper book with stamps in. If you create a My Lexus account and register the car then you'll be able to see the service history: https://www.lexus.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/tiles/ownedCars/+/sso/login/autoclose=true

yes been trying to do that but its does not recognise the car

2 hours ago, javadude said:

They are very nice cars (apart from the engine which I found noisy and slow coming from an RX). At that point it was the best car I'd owned for the creature comforts, practicality etc. 

Yes Its the best Lexus or even car for that matter that I have ever owned!

15 hours ago, shafque said:

yes been trying to do that but its does not recognise the car

I wonder if its still on the previous owners account. I'd suggest try contacting customer services.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, javadude said:

I wonder if its still on the previous owners account. I'd suggest try contacting customer services.

@shafque  Maybe try emailing Lexus Customer Relations on cr@lexus.co.uk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Although I had the stamped service book when I bought mine, I wanted a bit more detail, and so I phoned the original supplying dealer, who'd carried out the previous services, and they emailed me a full printout of the service records. It's useful as you can see what scheduled maintenance was done beyond the usual checks and oil and filter change.

You can also buy a replacement service book,  and they'll stamp it with past services to match the records on file.

On 7/11/2022 at 1:18 PM, shafque said:

Hi Guys

I recently purchased a used NX300h. I just want to know of any tips i can have look after the engine and the car as a whole.

The previous owner said all the service history is computerised and that I could get it from the main dealer (I don't know if that it true or not)

So TBH I have no service history at all nor do I have a service book. I have been driving it for a few days and its drives beautifully though. 

Care Care Nut on YouTube is a Toyota/Lexus Master Technician who has several videos worth watching, including some on how to look after you car and keep it going for 300,000 plus miles. The main thing I took away was making sure oil changes using the correct oil is carried out frequently.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, Bluemarlin said:

Although I had the stamped service book when I bought mine, I wanted a bit more detail, and so I phoned the original supplying dealer, who'd carried out the previous services, and they emailed me a full printout of the service records. It's useful as you can see what scheduled maintenance was done beyond the usual checks and oil and filter change.

You can also buy a replacement service book,  and they'll stamp it with past services to match the records on file.

Thanks for the info. I done that already and I bought a original service book from eBay. So when  I have time I will go and get them stamped. I did ring the main dealer up and they sent me a spreadsheet like format of all the work done. I actually wanted all the certificates for the hybrid health check and other invoices.

I previous had a Honda civic and done the same thing but the main dealers sent me all the invoice and all the individual paper work but obviously for data purposes they blanked out the previous customer name and address and other details.

But that was really good of the Honda main dealers

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't get all the invoices either, apart from the last two that were with the car.

As for the hybrid health check, you only need the last one, as that's the one that gives you the additional 1yr/10k miles warranty. If you don''t have the certificate it's no big deal as it would have automatically been done at the last service with Lexus, and so should be on record.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links