Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unspoiled Mark 4 but rusty underside - video

I recently came across this video on Youtube - the interior and exterior are in unspoiled condition.

However the underside has surface rust - is this expected - what do you guys think?

you'd just never want to take it out for a spin would you  !!

All those rusty bolt heads underside ....  damned Left Hand Drive too ....  useless ....  one redeeming feature ..  the tool kit has the torch :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 1

There was body rust in the usual places treatable but the suspension and subframe need wire brushing and either dinitrol or oil based coated. Mine as 120k less miles and is in better shape with no rust.

• Like 1

Looks so clean, looks like it was jet washed underneath and then left to stand for a while to get that surface rust. 

Mine at 217,000 has rust in which is now being 'pointed out' on MOT, but mechanic said looks like a while before anything becomes a MOT fail.  Mostly mine covered in road crud underneath.

• Like 1

mine at 239k miles has plenty of that rust  " look-a-like " staining on the underside bits and bobs but coupled with a smudge of oily residuey stuff from wherever the stuff exudes from the oily bits of my car ......    and sadly, actual real rust now protruding on that rear N/S wing .........edges ............ bug-ger :whistling:

............ at least the wheels should be looking pristine like new tomorrow when I collect her from the refurbishment guys .........

then I'll think about popping her along to a bodyshop to " fix " the N/S wing blemishes ftb  .....  those sodding moths are at long last being released from my wallet .  aaagggghhhhh

BUT my old gals had a good life and long may she continue in fine fettle ( more or less ) 

She did one fine day look like the lady in the video ....  but that was nigh on 27 years past .....  and I still have the torch ! 

Really little point having an amazing Lexus Ls400 unless one's going to get max benefit from her when one can 

Malc

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Malc said:

Really little point having an amazing Lexus Ls400 unless one's going to get max benefit from her when one can 

So true.

I have just  realised I have been driving LS for near 14 years, that's one third of my driving life,  and like the body of my car, my own body has seen better days, and as far as I know the missus has no plans to scrap me just yet!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cotswold Pete said:

I have been driving LS for near 14 years, that's one third of my driving life,

for me it's 22 years and since age 17, some 40% of my driving life :wink3:  ..  ain't I the lucky one eh !

Malc

update on my " wish " for a 1965 S3 Bentley  ...  just been let down by a garage that was advertising on CarandClassics a 1965 S3 Rolls Royce at £27.5k ........... just emailed and told me  Deposit Taken and all that,  so I really really doubt one's going to drop into my lap anytime soon .......... maybe I'll just fine fettle my old gal a little more 

The state of the suspension certainly looks familiar, if not the rest of the car!

It looks as though he raised it on the lift without using the correct slotted pads.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links